rllmuk
GwiDan

Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

2 hours ago, Wonderm said:

I know it's a rom hack but reading all this I'm now thinking it could be a similar idea to parallel worlds, the link to the past remix. I'd be well up for a much grander version of that

Parallel universe is the best theory indeed, won't be surprised if this ends up being the case.

-Explains the purple Demise crap still existing. 

-Link was Zelda's bodygaurd in the BotW cutscenes, that still works in a different timeline situation.

-Mr Bones: Twight Princess stabbed Dorfy? Probably not Wind Waker Dorf, he turned to stone.

Considering timeline placement was the biggest complaint to botw, wouldn't be surprised if Aonuma's thinking things.

4 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

It’s worth pointing out that back when BotW was first shown (before it had that name), there was speculation that Link was actually Zelda, or just a girl now, since he looked a bit feminine. But Nintendo came out pretty quickly and stated, no, that’s Link, he’s a boy, and you only play as him.

So at the very minimum, this would represent a change in messaging.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Comrade said:

It’s worth pointing out that back when BotW was first shown (before it had that name), there was speculation that Link was actually Zelda, or just a girl now, since he looked a bit feminine. But Nintendo came out pretty quickly and stated, no, that’s Link, he’s a boy, and you only play as him.

So at the very minimum, this would represent a change in messaging.

Yeah there was a lot of excitement about that and it was clearly too late to make changes at the time, so they’ll definitely be looking to do it now.

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Was it? 

Outside of Rllmuk Land, yes it was. Brittle weapons was the biggest gameplay problem, but with the vast majority blind sighted by the game at release, even that flaw didn't even matter compared to timeline placement.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 4

The weapon degradation is great. Makes the combat feel fresh and forces you to adapt to little changes.

The "weapon is dangerously critical" message is a fantastic invitation to lob your current weapon into some stupid moblins face for a sweet little pay off before sweeping up / switching to something new and fighting with that.

As you get precious about reserving some of your arsenal you consider the other possibilities to thin out numbers, "is there a rock to push? a fire I can start?". If they do something different in the sequel that's cool but I won't be upset if they retain it either.

• Upvote 5

Guys, guys, guys... What if there are no dungeons again? Breath of the Wild needed dungeons. Everybody wants dungeons. I'll literally throw my Switch in a river if it doesn't have dungeons.

23 minutes ago, Benny said:

Guys, guys, guys... What if there are no dungeons again? Breath of the Wild needed dungeons. Everybody wants dungeons. I'll literally throw my Switch in a river if it doesn't have dungeons.

Buy a different game with dungeons?

• Upvote 1

The weapon degradation system is amazing and the argument on it basically separates the wheat from the chaff.

The people who understand systems and why they're implemented and are willing to play with it, versus the reactive and short-sighted instant revulsion to something that's not constantly supporting some kind of power-trip. 

It's like some kind of Rorschach test in game design form.   

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

The divine beats, and the 120 puzzle shrines are just dungeons that have been shattered into little bits and scattered across Hyrule.

Deal with it.

darkpalace.thumb.png.cbfa076562a553f988e87cd357f07fd5.png

:quote:

• Upvote 1

I can see what your saying, I really can, but then the lack of 'old school dungeons' didnt really bother me. The freedom, the systems, the physics, the 'go anywhere, do anything' nature of the game more than made up for dungeons, in my opinion, but that's just me.

Link to the past, Ocarina, Wind Waker are all amazing games, but BOTW is my favourite.

• Upvote 2

I want it all. I want to have that freedom in the world to discover things on my own, find a rock of the side of a cliff, blow it up, and venture inside to find a massive sprawling dungeon. I'd take 8 solid dungeons over the 120 shrines.