rllmuk
mdn2

Panzer Dragoon - Switch - Winter 2019

9 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Fingers crossed for a proper release and not through Limited Run.

Edit: FFS!

Limited Run's Switch line up i alays pre-order, without a set limit of how many orders they take, it's only collectors ed's they limit, hth :)

6 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Limited Run's Switch line up i alays pre-order, without a set limit of how many orders they take, it's only collectors ed's they limit, hth :)

Yes, but they're US-centric which almost inevitably means a customs fee and their customer service is woeful if anything gets damaged in transit. I'd rather have a proper domestic release.

1 hour ago, DeciderVT said:

Yes, but they're US-centric which almost inevitably means a customs fee and their customer service is woeful if anything gets damaged in transit. I'd rather have a proper domestic release.

I've ordered over 70 games from them and never had a custom charge in my life.

I can't count for their customer service as I've never received damaged products.

Even when I've bought 3 games at the same time there's ever been a charge. It's all accounted for when you pay the $15 shipping.

Edit and I've just added up what thats cost me over the last three years and now I want to throw up.

• Empathy 2

2 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

I'm waiting on an order of River City Girls from them, it's not arrived yet but I do remember when I ordered it said that any duty/fees were pre-paid so I'm not expecting any further charges when the game (finally) arrives.

@striderOff topic but have you any idea roughly how long games tend to take to arrive in the UK from LR once you've got a shipping notification? (thanks!)

6 minutes ago, Flockheart said:

I'm waiting on an order of River City Girls from them, it's not arrived yet but I do remember when I ordered it said that any duty/fees were pre-paid so I'm not expecting any further charges when the game (finally) arrives.

@striderOff topic but have you any idea roughly how long games tend to take to arrive in the UK from LR once you've got a shipping notification? (thanks!)

It can take a few weeks. It's also dependent on orders. So if you ordered two games at the same time you won't get them until they are both ready to ship. I've been waiting for Danmaku unlimited since Jan as that's when I ordered Celeste.

4 minutes ago, strider said:

It can take a few weeks. It's also dependent on orders. So if you ordered two games at the same time you won't get them until they are both ready to ship. I've been waiting for Danmaku unlimited since Jan as that's when I ordered Celeste.

Ok thanks, it's just the one game. I made the order a few months back but I got a shipping number last Thursday but the tracking info has just sat on "In transit to carrier's US operations facility" since then.

12 minutes ago, Flockheart said:

Ok thanks, it's just the one game. I made the order a few months back but I got a shipping number last Thursday but the tracking info has just sat on "In transit to carrier's US operations facility" since then.

I would't worry too much. It will turn up. I'm waiting for it, too.

2 hours ago, strider said:

I've ordered over 70 games from them and never had a custom charge in my life.

I can't count for their customer service as I've never received damaged products.

Even when I've bought 3 games at the same time there's ever been a charge. It's all accounted for when you pay the $15 shipping.

Edit and I've just added up what thats cost me over the last three years and now I want to throw up.

That's great for you but I've received customs charges for their stuff in the past. A proper domestic release without needing to pay those shipping fees is preferable, too.

Yeah, I've never not ended up paying a customs charge, which on top of the shipping costs makes anything I get from them even more of an overpriced luxury. Clearly strider has some sort of arrangement with HMRC ;)

(I'd still be tempted by this, if it didn't continue to look artistically dull)

3 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, I've never not ended up paying a customs charge, which on top of the shipping costs makes anything I get from them even more of an overpriced luxury. Clearly strider has some sort of arrangement with HMRC ;)

(I'd still be tempted by this, if it didn't continue to look artistically dull)

I got a custom charge today sadly. Although it wasn’t a limited run release.

6 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

That's great for you but I've received customs charges for their stuff in the past. A proper domestic release without needing to pay those shipping fees is preferable, too.

Only time you get charges is if the title you order is not one of theirs, I've had a few from the, but they were selling for another company ( teice, and he games names slip my mind right now ) but every LRG nubered title has neer cost me anything above the asking price and shipping fee, and I've had some hefty sized orders come through with standard and LE editions of multiple games, reaching almost 300 dollars.

Today's order of Shakedown: Hawii did incur a £13 fee though, but it was exected as all the stff from Vblank always has before :(

Again, that's fine in your case but my previous experience is contrary to that, as I've definitely paid customs fees for some of their own games in the past. My lingering caution at having paid a customs fee for a crushed game they couldn't replace made me less inclined to buy from them again. I haven't bought from them in quite a while, so perhaps that's changed in the interim.

It’s entirely random. Postal workers pull suspect packages but most get through, mainly because there are too few people inspecting the inflow of packages. 

There was a really fascinating episode of Brexitcast recently where they delved into the inner workings of the import and export of packages and what it means for VAT, and how that system will struggle once VAT starts to be applied to European post. 

Definitely would want this game as a physical copy. I ordered my first game from them; River City Girls, still waiting. If it gets to me in one piece I don’t mind but speedy delivery definitely isn’t their strong point 

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Definitely would want this game as a physical copy. I ordered my first game from them; River City Girls, still waiting. If it gets to me in one piece I don’t mind but speedy delivery definitely isn’t their strong point 

They don't hae themmade till the pre-orders are all in, and then they join the queue for Nintendo to manufacture :(  Celeste was a nightmare, took well over 6 months, same with Pixel Junk Monsters 2, waiting for all pathes and DLC to get done so it all goes on the cart.

10 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

So if I wanted a physical copy of this, do I wait until lrg open preorders and get my order in then wait months?

Pretty much, it does depend if you order anything else with it though. My River City Girls is in hand with them, but the rest of the order is either in production or in the queue for manufacture, it'll all turn up, I'm in no rush for it to sit on the shef sealed :-p