IGNORED

PES 2020

Pockets

Just booted up PES 2021 on Steam for the first time with a few mods added. Looks and plays really well. What are the essential mods to get for this? Will only be playing offline. 

On 03/02/2021 at 12:00, Marlowe said:

I'm still playing master league PES 2017 which I found to be the best entry since PES6.

Has the core game moved on much since then?

I went back to Pes 2015 the other day expecting it to feel strange but it didn't, though going the other way to pes 2020 is. Other than everything I've gone on and on about, something even from pes 2019 that's been significant is how easy players fall over when pressed, and how often they're called for fouls. Maybe others find this such a realistic improvement but often you're just moving to block the space then your player sticks a foot in or gently leans on the player with the ball and it's so marginal as to be only noticeable on the replay. It was always that pressing required more running and effort and was riskier when leaving yourself exposed behind but was worth it because if you were quick and anticipated well you could break. 

It's going to get interesting because the worst aspects of the sport will begin to be reflected in the game and this feels part of that, they'll be working on goals being disallowed for handball too. Another thing is the increased obsession with offside, so previously I'm sure if you were offside but the opposition made the interception the play would continue. Why would you stop play for offside when you don't even get the ball? Then the replay showing the line as though anyone cares. I can't even remember when offside calls shown in replays were introduced but they're tedious. Maybe there's a way to turn them off I've missed. The game is a lot more stop start. I don't even know why they've slowed down the keeper kicks from 2019 where they sped them up because they've always been delayed. 

I played pes 2019 online a lot, but with 2020 it's reaching the point where I'm not even sure I'm going to press, I'm giving away so many free kicks outside the box and if they were mistimed sliding tackles i wouldn't mind. 

I got a red card one time for basically getting the ball. That has happened before where you catch the player as well but this time it was pretty clean. It was fast and hard sure so it made me think any fast and hard tackle would get a red. 

I prefer it to Fifa obviously, I'm just about adapting to it, i can turn back and sprint away more than before. But i can't see it being the definitive version or having something that the others lacked. Ultimately it will always become robotic as you adjust to it and fall in line with how to play it. I could easily play and enjoy pes 2015, 16 more. In 2020 if i pass forward to a runner into the box and the defender is running along with me inside i don't want to just run forward and find the near post corner but i don't really have much choice. I want to sometimes stop, and cut back. 

Another maddening thing is the overhit square pass through ball, something which is losing me games. It is somewhat broken and inconsistent because it didn't happen in any of the previous games. The game just has these moments where however delicately you press the through ball the pass is overhit, and it doesn't capture the unpredictable nature of football, it seems broken because all of your play might be swift and accurate except that one moment. Which is actually the easiest part of the move. You aren't turning back, falling over. You're running towards the keeper and doing a simple 5 yard square pass, the easiest pass in football. I'm not learning convoluted manual controls to do simple square passes which you could do on the previous games every time. I don't know what they were tweaking that threw it out, maybe that's improved on 2021. I've started doing chip through balls instead..still overhit. When you have the turning circle of an oil tanker it's dispiriting to pass your way to a one on one because you certainly can't dribble your way there, only to have the last minute winning goal hopelessly fall away. 

Maybe it's the sprint running the game is judging as affecting simple passes? I was thinking maybe turn in a bit. Can professionals not play square simple passes when running fast? 

53 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Sometimes I think you're playing a different game to me entirely.

The turning and reaction speed is worse with the connection issues online, it is often all over the place. Unlike the previous games online it shows up 'connection status with opponent', 1, 2 or 3 bars strong and i usually wait for 3. Playing offline it is far faster and more responsive.

You must have seen the overhit passes though, the heavy touches and players falling over when you lean on them. I was just playing pes 2021 lite, offline and this summed it up:

The lightest of triangle button taps, not a hard pass, obvious what i want to do. I could try the exact same thing again another time, it's a frequently used move, and it wouldn't be over hit. 

Heavy touch:

This is just something the designers want, the same thing would happen every time, doesn't allow for build up in tight spaces. That pass is not a final ball, it's not hit hard, but the apparent momentum of the player receiving bounces it up. 

Another whatt moment where it's a simple pass i intend to do

That's so far out from my intention. It's like it thinks i want to play behind the defender and i want it in front. None of these would happen on pes 2019 or the previous games. It has these inexplicable moments that are so random. 

I'm Argentina too, so one those players was probably messi or dybala. 

All those were in 5 minutes. 

I had the perfect leaning on a player foul but forgot to save it. Anyway here's my red card:

I bought pes 2021 because it's lockdown and I'm fucking bored. :hmm:

All i read was that it was 'slower', but i can't see that. The passing feels tighter, more accurate. Salah seems quicker, players a little more responsive turning maybe. I was just hoping for better connections online.

Not to keep going on and on about the over hit through balls and heavy touches but i think if they varied it i wouldn't mind so much, and it would be realistic if worse players couldn't control passes as tightly. That would be cool actually when you realise you can't do things you usually do, you'd appreciate the better players more. Generally when I've played online as say Stoke and I'm up against Juventus they're just quicker, supercharged, like Guardiola's teams at their best, like they have an extra player. I can't stop them from scoring. I could still pass around them, and i remember how much effort I'd have to put in because 99% of people did just pick Bayern, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus. I'd think; not just more speed and strength but the confidence boost of a winning run usually, i can't beat a 890 rated player because he mostly always wins, therefore statistically he's likely to win against me too. 

I'd like variation in keeper saves. There's the near post low shot that any keeper always saves, and when you've hit the ball so hard and fast it appears as a wonder save when it's just the inevitability of the game's calculation playing out. A shot can go in near post because of its power and then accuracy doesn't matter, it's like a bullet and that too feels inevitable. What shots keepers can and can't save is something they've worked on a lot over the past 5 games. I think some of those low shots should go in, typically keepers can't get down quickly enough, if players in real life shoot early and accurately power isn't even that necessary. But they're more straight on shots. When there is an angle on the game it will just go; no. You get a corner out of them and apply attacking pressure but every time it seems like a waste of possession in the box. 

I can see manual shooting having more than an effect than passing. I've never blasted wide as badly or a frequently. Maybe there's some guides on YouTube. 

Yes, i do always think; why am i spending so much time playing the same game, staring at the same green grass with players making the same movements, the passing patterns always essentially the same, there's so much more visually stimulating games out there and you're wasting your eyes on this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haaland is amazing in this. Pes does a great job of capturing the animations of nig players, even those who have only just emerged. It really feels like playing as Haaland, he has the deceptively quick pace, the ability to just accelerate ahead, the power, the shot power. In my 2nd game as Norway he got a hat trick and gets a goal every game and a 7.5 rating. He's so quick on the turn, my shots aren't so wayward. 

It's still insane to me that several versions of 1 of the 2 football games available exclude a big team like Dortmund. Him and Sancho would be great, Sancho is pretty highly rated. Do get 516 for a Norway win and they're pretty good. Odegard plays some incisive passes.

I've often picked teams to make the most of certain players and it's never worked out. Every time i pick Barcelona Messi gets shoved off the ball and i lose. Rashford has always been a reliable player on the left. This game though...not. Unlike real life Fernandes is kryptonite and i can't win with them anymore since his inclusion. And i used to play fast stuff with Lingard. 

Also recently been playing as Newcastle, they're pretty good, and Carroll's shot power and positioning are also good. The game has this thing where certain players stand out despite their attributes not being the highest, so Saint-Maximin seems the fastest player, I'm pulling away from defenders and really using his pace. His pace stats aren't as good as Aubameyang. Okay, same formation, put Aubameyang in the same position. Can't replicate the same effectiveness, dunno why. Always lose with Arsenal. And Man City. 

For me pes 2021 is far better. The connections online are better. The fouls are still annoying though. You get the ball but the player trips slightly..foul. Dunno how people are so good at free kicks with no training mode. All mine don't dip. Eriksen scored 2 against me in 1 game. Instead i pass forward, then back, then chip over for the volley. It has worked a handful of times. 

35 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

It's still insane to me that several versions of 1 of the 2 football games available exclude a big team like Dortmund.

It's no surprise that it's licensing at work here, but it's doubly difficult with the German league because the players aren't members of FIFPro, like they are in England and Spain. That means Konami can fill cheap knock offs of Aston Villa and Eibar with real players, but they can't do so in Germany so we never get that league in even its bastardised form.

I used an option file on pes 2019 but no extra teams appear online. Brazil had fake players for ages too. Still get some African teams with no photos on formation settings which always bothers me. 

Any national team line up changes don't appear in online divisions either. I'd like Foden...

I might download an option file again, it took me too long to find Inter Milan. 

Football is weird. I was on a severe losing streak. Like 60 games played, 42 lost, 8 won, 10 drawn. I am using the same formation and attack/defence settings as what proved successful in 2019. People roll their eyes when you apply pes to real life, you can't possibly say; well i play Fred in this position in this formation and it really works United should try it!! But in terms of loss of confidence maybe there's parallels. Because I've been playing the game for 20 years, i had thousands of games online on pes 2019 alone, i shouldn't reach a point where i can't string passes together, where goals seem impossible. I should merely miss my chances sometimes.

Nearly every time Wenger gives interviews now he expresses the existential crisis of always trying to work out why some matches are working out and why some aren't. He literally says whether trying to win games was a worthwhile life. He says if God asks him what he spent his life doing, he'd say; tried to win games, it's not as easy as it looks. My highest rank is 780ish, division 4 or 5. There's someone on there with a 93.7% win ratio out of something like 2376 games, where he's had something like 42 losses. There's also someone who has played 200 games and won like 2. I start every pes online fresh, thinking i'll try to start good, not inevitably fall to a 28% win ratio after a dozen games, but it just happens. And i can't get it back. It reaches the point where i need 100 wins to get to 50% or something. 

Usually i over pass, i start one twos with defenders, lose the ball, get exposed. I want to ping the ball fast to the centre forward and have defenders come to him, but often the centre forward is caught between making runs and coming deep. When it's failing it's because the other player online is subtly breaking the passes in ways i can't tell. Some have 2 defensive mids, one guy had a back 5 with Barcelona in a line which i thought was funny, he's someone who has conceded too many and got sick of it. The greatest thing is doing little simple through balls ahead and letting the player catch up in the middle of the pitch. 

Anyway, that losing streak..lost all confidence. Like genuinely beyond frustrated. Maybe online warps it, maybe every time the opponent struggles it's because of their connection. You have times where you're just first to every ball and you dispossess them constantly. I've played games where the opponent just is faster and a whole half goes and I've had no shots. 

I wish there was a training mode so i could practice free kicks. Eriksen scored another against me, the bend and dip was ridiculous, keeper just stood there. 

I'm cautiously moving inward and delicately tapping through balls for square passes now. There's way more wayward shots where the angle is on but the goes ends up by the corner flag. There's the new animation where the player slides as he kicks when he's actually facing the goal. I've had a few successes i didn't expect, one with Henderson i wish i could have saved but the guy quit 3-1 down at half time. 

It amuses me to think of someone going to therapy and spending an hour talking about being on a terrible pes online losing streak...'lets bring it back to real life if we can...'

33 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

It's currently on Game Pass, which is the only reason I'm on Xbox.

Of course, the reason I'm not playing online divisions is it involves other people.

I see the dilemma. 

From what I've found, the issue is more people picking top teams and being robotic about it than really playing, but you can set your match ups only including people at a similar rating. There's a lot of people at 800+ and a lot at 300+, fewer around 500, so it seems like the top players just battering the strugglers. But people aren't aggressive in games in terms of sliding, tackling like you expect. It's usually me who does that. The amount of times i catch a player late as they pass on in a break, and it's played on. I don't mind, i get the eventual yellow. People sometimes slide from behind on a player running in on goal, that's probably the worst thing you can do and i don't. The worst people generally are the ball hoarders, who pass around the back and waste time. I think 85+ is fine when ahead given i have conceded so often late, but I've had people ball hog at 75 mins at like 3 nil as well. 

I've said it before, but they used to match you up before you pick your team, so you could see who the opponent was choosing and set up a derby. I used to get excited about Arsenal vs Spurs matches because they were so rare. It seems like such an obvious simple thing i can't believe they keep objecting to changing it. It just creates the vicious cycle of not knowing who your opponent will pick so you go for a top team to prevent you being overpowered and ultimately battered. The incentives in terms of points for picking small teams is good, but still the highly rated players just go for top teams and keep with their trusted formula. 

Just get variety with people you don't get with the AI. Different people find their formation and methods they like and that's interesting. 

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

It's currently on Game Pass, which is the only reason I'm on Xbox.

Of course, the reason I'm not playing online divisions is it involves other people.

I’m The Devil Rides on Xbox but am similarly offline only in my gaming habits so you can probably add me safe in the knowledge it’s unlikely either of us will arrange to play a match. 

I do think PES, when it works, is a better game online than FIFA - it’s more similar to the offline game, FIFA is an entirely different sprinty pinball thing. I’ve got some memories of a few decent games I had against random Italians but that’s maybe 4 or 5 since the series has been online. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m going to be playing Master League as Wycombe Wanderers on my Xbox Series X. I’ve edited the youth team to contain myself and 11 of my friends, as 69-rated sixteen-year-olds. I let my mates choose their positions, attributes, skills, playstyle, kit-style etc. and I did my best to make them look like they do in real life. I’m hoping it will make the game even more fun to play.

Normally when I play Master League I use the default squad + loans, until some real players retire and I fill my squad with regenerated players and just use them forever. This once meant I had a 104 rated Dirk Kuyt playing for me, which was awesome. However, it meant he absorbed the majority of my wage budget and I had to stop playing the game as it wasn’t feasible to keep all my players despite having hundreds of millions in the transfer kitty. Good old PES. This time I plan on just keeping the 12 players I have created, forever. This will hopefully mean that no matter how good they get, I’ll always have enough money to pay for all their contracts cos I can sell almost everyone else.

I’m yet to play a single game on PES21 as I’ve been editing it to make it more immersive. One perk of this will be I’ll get some achievements ticked off, using my mates. As I played previous versions on PS4, I was used to just using a pre-edited option file. Unfortunately, they aren’t available for Xbox so I’ve been manually editing all the English team names, rivalries, stadiums and, most time-consuming of all, kits. I’m finally ready to play though!

I figured I’d give a rundown of my players in case anyone wants to follow their path to greatness and watch Wycombe Wanderers hopefully eventually lift the Champions League trophy.

Goalkeeper: Baz

With real life claims of being able to hold his own in at least League 2, because “so long as you concentrate, and don’t mind getting hurt, you can be a class keeper,” Baz volunteered to go in net. He’s only 5’10” and most of that is his neck, but possesses a long throw and a whopping big kick, so offers plenty of distribution options.

Right back: The Reid

As one of only three people who has played a decent amount of Pro Evo, and knows the most about stat weighting and worthwhile skills, I was hoping Reidy would be the saviour and take the sting out of anyone choosing useless stats. However, his lack of commitment and refusal to create a Google account (it’s 2021!) meant he couldn’t edit the Google sheet I used to record everyone’s stats. As a result, he’s essentially a Trent Alexander-Arnold clone with 15 knocked off each stat. Should be excellent for crosses, but less so for freekicks. Can also play all down the right wing, which could come in handy.

Left back: Rob

Our only non-Englishman, Rob wears the Scotland flag on his boots with pride. Also more than capable of executing a Scotch Move, whatever that is, and is a master of the Robona (sic). Has the most impressive forearms known to man and as a quick little bloke with decent all-round stats, he can happily fill in on either wing or as a centreback if needed.

Centre halves: Tom & Joe

Tom and Joe are brothers, with Joe being a few years older. Both are built like brick water closets and certainly won’t shy away from a header or a tough tackle. They’re not the fastest but they’re quick enough, and with lots of time to improve they could end up as England’s centerback pairing, as well as Wycombe’s, for years to come. Joe’s signature move is a “power toe bung” and Tom is the self-assigned team captain, which I’m more than happy with. I expect many cards.

Defensive midfielder: Andy Mac

Wants to be the English Pirlo or the Wycombe Roy Keane, judging by his stats, and could well be. Hopefully being a bald lad with a big ginger beard won’t be the only reason he stands out in the centre of the park. Can play all through the middle and never goes any wider than the centre circle due to a crippling fear of breaking a sweat. Should work well linking the central defenders to the central midfielders, and will no doubt keep himself and everyone else entertained in the process.

Centre mids: Mike and Andy

Mike wears glasses. Since Edgar Davids retired, Pro Evo removed the ability to wear glasses on the game, so not only is he almost unrecognisable, he also mightn’t recognise his teammates. Aesthetics aside, Mike’s a quick-moving destroyer who is just as capable defensively as he is offensively. Alongside him is his former housemate, Andy, who is perhaps the more attack-minded of the two. Andy’s a bit of a showboater who considers himself as the team’s orchestrator, always on the lookout to start an attack while looking the business. A bit of a Jack Grealish character on the pitch, only with his socks pulled up to his thighs.

Right midfielder: Doward

Set himself as a destroyer, despite it being a playing style for defensive mids, so not a great start, but his attributes set him up to be a decent threat down the right side, with good dribbling skills and great pace. He did question the [bad hairline] hairstyle he’d been assigned but recognised it was the best fit and is now ready to take on the likes of Rico Henry, Pervis Estupinan and Adam Reach in his first season in the Championship.

Left wing forward: Allan

A creative playmaker and our only left-footer in the team. Maximum aggression and minimal heading ability. Very fast and an excellent dribbler, could cause havoc against the likes of Andy Yiadom, Kiko Femenia and Adam Smith. Has a decent camaraderie (well, a love-hate relationship disguised as bants) with our centre forward, so could link up well, and can also play as a second striker or even a centre forward if needed more centrally.

Centre forward: Simon

Christian Kabasele won’t know what’s hit him when Watford play Wycombe this year. A beanpole of a neanderthal with a grizzly beard and hasn’t showered since the millennium bug broke his Gameboy lurks up front for us. Originally requested his goal celebrations be something muted and subtle, wanting to be cut from a similar cloth to Eric Cantona. He then watched all 162 available celebrations on YouTube and has ended up with a flamboyant double flip and an Irish jig. Typical Si. Slow on the ground but powerful in the air, will hopefully be able to get on the end of Rob and Reid’s (R&R) abundance of crosses and convert chances to goals. Just as likely to be superstar as a complete disaster, so looking forward to playing with him.

Substitute right wing forward: Ryan

12 people were asked to create players. 11 did. Ryan did not. Others stepped up and filled in his stats for him, but his lack of commitment has seen him end up on the bench, despite being one of the better real-life players. Can fill in in a multiple of positions on the wings, and also as a second striker so will be a good utility man to bring off the bench and to cover for anyone suffering from poor form. Small, fast and ready to play. A very good option for the 12th man.

Feel involved? Wish this was actually a new series of Dream Team you could watch on TV? Well, you can watch everything unfold LIVE on Twitch, most evenings from 8pm onwards: https://twitch.tv/baz9torres Apologies in advance for any long pauses of nothing, where I’m talking to my wife, replying in my mates group chat or making a cup of tea.

Or, you know, just read future posts or whatever. Chairboys, lessssgo!

9 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I’m going to be playing Master League as Wycombe Wanderers on my Xbox Series X. I’ve edited the youth team to contain myself and 11 of my friends, as 69-rated sixteen-year-olds. I let my mates choose their positions, attributes, skills, playstyle, kit-style etc. and I did my best to make them look like they do in real life. I’m hoping it will make the game even more fun to play.

Normally when I play Master League I use the default squad + loans, until some real players retire and I fill my squad with regenerated players and just use them forever. This once meant I had a 104 rated Dirk Kuyt playing for me, which was awesome. However, it meant he absorbed the majority of my wage budget and I had to stop playing the game as it wasn’t feasible to keep all my players despite having hundreds of millions in the transfer kitty. Good old PES. This time I plan on just keeping the 12 players I have created, forever. This will hopefully mean that no matter how good they get, I’ll always have enough money to pay for all their contracts cos I can sell almost everyone else.

I’m yet to play a single game on PES21 as I’ve been editing it to make it more immersive. One perk of this will be I’ll get some achievements ticked off, using my mates. As I played previous versions on PS4, I was used to just using a pre-edited option file. Unfortunately, they aren’t available for Xbox so I’ve been manually editing all the English team names, rivalries, stadiums and, most time-consuming of all, kits. I’m finally ready to play though!

I figured I’d give a rundown of my players in case anyone wants to follow their path to greatness and watch Wycombe Wanderers hopefully eventually lift the Champions League trophy.

Goalkeeper: Baz

With real life claims of being able to hold his own in at least League 2, because “so long as you concentrate, and don’t mind getting hurt, you can be a class keeper,” Baz volunteered to go in net. He’s only 5’10” and most of that is his neck, but possesses a long throw and a whopping big kick, so offers plenty of distribution options.

Right back: The Reid

As one of only three people who has played a decent amount of Pro Evo, and knows the most about stat weighting and worthwhile skills, I was hoping Reidy would be the saviour and take the sting out of anyone choosing useless stats. However, his lack of commitment and refusal to create a Google account (it’s 2021!) meant he couldn’t edit the Google sheet I used to record everyone’s stats. As a result, he’s essentially a Trent Alexander-Arnold clone with 15 knocked off each stat. Should be excellent for crosses, but less so for freekicks. Can also play all down the right wing, which could come in handy.

Left back: Rob

Our only non-Englishman, Rob wears the Scotland flag on his boots with pride. Also more than capable of executing a Scotch Move, whatever that is, and is a master of the Robona (sic). Has the most impressive forearms known to man and as a quick little bloke with decent all-round stats, he can happily fill in on either wing or as a centreback if needed.

Centre halves: Tom & Joe

Tom and Joe are brothers, with Joe being a few years older. Both are built like brick water closets and certainly won’t shy away from a header or a tough tackle. They’re not the fastest but they’re quick enough, and with lots of time to improve they could end up as England’s centerback pairing, as well as Wycombe’s, for years to come. Joe’s signature move is a “power toe bung” and Tom is the self-assigned team captain, which I’m more than happy with. I expect many cards.

Defensive midfielder: Andy Mac

Wants to be the English Pirlo or the Wycombe Roy Keane, judging by his stats, and could well be. Hopefully being a bald lad with a big ginger beard won’t be the only reason he stands out in the centre of the park. Can play all through the middle and never goes any wider than the centre circle due to a crippling fear of breaking a sweat. Should work well linking the central defenders to the central midfielders, and will no doubt keep himself and everyone else entertained in the process.

Centre mids: Mike and Andy

Mike wears glasses. Since Edgar Davids retired, Pro Evo removed the ability to wear glasses on the game, so not only is he almost unrecognisable, he also mightn’t recognise his teammates. Aesthetics aside, Mike’s a quick-moving destroyer who is just as capable defensively as he is offensively. Alongside him is his former housemate, Andy, who is perhaps the more attack-minded of the two. Andy’s a bit of a showboater who considers himself as the team’s orchestrator, always on the lookout to start an attack while looking the business. A bit of a Jack Grealish character on the pitch, only with his socks pulled up to his thighs.

Right midfielder: Doward

Set himself as a destroyer, despite it being a playing style for defensive mids, so not a great start, but his attributes set him up to be a decent threat down the right side, with good dribbling skills and great pace. He did question the [bad hairline] hairstyle he’d been assigned but recognised it was the best fit and is now ready to take on the likes of Rico Henry, Pervis Estupinan and Adam Reach in his first season in the Championship.

Left wing forward: Allan

A creative playmaker and our only left-footer in the team. Maximum aggression and minimal heading ability. Very fast and an excellent dribbler, could cause havoc against the likes of Andy Yiadom, Kiko Femenia and Adam Smith. Has a decent camaraderie (well, a love-hate relationship disguised as bants) with our centre forward, so could link up well, and can also play as a second striker or even a centre forward if needed more centrally.

Centre forward: Simon

Christian Kabasele won’t know what’s hit him when Watford play Wycombe this year. A beanpole of a neanderthal with a grizzly beard and hasn’t showered since the millennium bug broke his Gameboy lurks up front for us. Originally requested his goal celebrations be something muted and subtle, wanting to be cut from a similar cloth to Eric Cantona. He then watched all 162 available celebrations on YouTube and has ended up with a flamboyant double flip and an Irish jig. Typical Si. Slow on the ground but powerful in the air, will hopefully be able to get on the end of Rob and Reid’s (R&R) abundance of crosses and convert chances to goals. Just as likely to be superstar as a complete disaster, so looking forward to playing with him.

Substitute right wing forward: Ryan

12 people were asked to create players. 11 did. Ryan did not. Others stepped up and filled in his stats for him, but his lack of commitment has seen him end up on the bench, despite being one of the better real-life players. Can fill in in a multiple of positions on the wings, and also as a second striker so will be a good utility man to bring off the bench and to cover for anyone suffering from poor form. Small, fast and ready to play. A very good option for the 12th man.

Feel involved? Wish this was actually a new series of Dream Team you could watch on TV? Well, you can watch everything unfold LIVE on Twitch, most evenings from 8pm onwards: https://twitch.tv/baz9torres Apologies in advance for any long pauses of nothing, where I’m talking to my wife, replying in my mates group chat or making a cup of tea.

Or, you know, just read future posts or whatever. Chairboys, lessssgo!

I hope you get selected mates to do post-match interviews.

3 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I hope you get selected mates to do post-match interviews.

This times one thousand. Or emotional tribute vids when you sell them to meet a salary cap 

online divisions videos! yeah..

passsss

volleyyy

I like Wolves

Haaland

Sometimes I start games online and the opponent scores a worldly in seconds that is impossible to defend against. Hard enough against Bayern to be 1 nil down, this finish was ridiculous 

Another opponent online did this with Eriksen, never seen an outside of boot curler off the post finish like this before

Failed scorpion

Love playing as Japan

Turns out playing with a team of 69-rated players, whose attributes were chosen by people who’ve never played PES, makes the game quite hard. Plus I’m not very good. Only playing on Professional too! :facepalm:

Changed formation now to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond, because no amount of tweaking the instructions will get my wingers and fullbacks to automatically run down the wings, so going down the ‘pass around in midfield and hope a through ball gets my striker a chance’ route.

Also feels like every freekick the computer has a shot with, goes in. Any tips to stop that? There was something to do with Y/triangle but I must’ve misread it cos it’s doing nothing.

• 2 months later...

I don’t play a lot of footie games these days, I probably peaked with PES6 but as I do every time a major competition comes round I have the desire to be part of it 😁. So it was fortunate that my local Smyths had a copy of 2021 on PS4 for only £10 which seemed like a bargain.

So far I think it’s brilliant, each year I dabble a bit with FIFA when my son buys it and I think it’s great but I never quite feel in control enough for my liking, probably because I don’t play it regularly but PES just feels right, the speed of the game feels spot on, you get time on the ball on occasions, the weight of passing seems easier to get right, I can win balls in the air which I never seem to do in FIFA and most importantly I can score varied goals. 

The menus are bad though, took me a while to even find the Euros, it’s like they left the developer build menus on by mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

Still grinding Huddersfield Master League on Superstar with my friend playing co-op. Played against Classic Barcelona in the World Club cup this season. Victor Valdes pulled off one of the most preposterous saves I have ever seen. 

Straight out of play for a corner as well. Outrageous. 

• 2 months later...

I've picked up PES 2021 Season Update for £2.99 on PSN and I'm interested in going down the Option File route to get as much real stuff in the game as possible.

I've done some Googling but it all seems a bit scattergun with files for MLS, Europe, J-League, kits, transfers etc...

Is the a one file download of getting the game as "real" as possible?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I've picked up PES 2021 Season Update for £2.99 on PSN and I'm interested in going down the Option File route to get as much real stuff in the game as possible.

I've done some Googling but it all seems a bit scattergun with files for MLS, Europe, J-League, kits, transfers etc...

Is the a one file download of getting the game as "real" as possible?

Thanks.

Have a poke around Pesuniverse.com That was the thing to do last time I heard but fuck knows now. 

I don’t think there’s a one file for everything though due to Konami’s needless restrictions on editing or something. You have to pick between US or something.