rllmuk
Pockets

PES 2020

The lack of teams, licenced or not, is weird. They explained last year that it's memory/size issues which was why they got rid of Serie B. Seems crazy in today's world of 60GB games. Think PES is about 15 but must mean some other issue in the way the game is made.

Serie A is licenced this year too , which is nice as I was planning to play that league in ML but I doubt there'll be much there that wouldn't be there after a PC mod anyway. Also looks like they didn't bother getting Brescia as part of it either. And the trophy comes later as DLC. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Genuinely looking like we might skip this version due to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. :unsure:

Don't even know what that means but the demo would suggest this is not the year to skip. 

8 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned but it seems that the second divisions of Spain and Italy are back in the game this year, along with the Brazilian second tier. PES also has the licence for Euro 2020, but if the 2016 edition is anything to go by that means not bothering to license half of the teams that actually qualify, and only putting Wembley in the game to host the final.

I'd fucking love to be able to play Kosovo v Faroe Islands in the game. There's an odd bit of text in Konami's blurb for the Euro 2020 announcement:

Club teams of course don't fucking play in the European Championship. There are 55 UEFA members, so they could mean all of those will be present in the game from the off, rather than oddly including the champions of Gibraltar.

They better have the Cymru Premier in all it’s glory.

No mention of budget adjustments in the Master League video.  I only play ML, one or two nights a week, @disperse and recoagulate and our mate come to mine and we couch co-op it.  We only sign regen players, so 16-17 year olds.  Which every save results in us having amazing players on big wages, often meaning we can’t afford to keep them, yet have hundreds of millions in our transfer budget never getting spent.  I think it got so bad on 2017 we had to end the save as we had zero wages to pay and not enough players.  Still had a huge transfer budget though. 

@disperse and recoagulate Has suggested we won’t get this version due to us 3 player couch co-oping another game.  We deffo will get and play it though.   We can’t play an average at best Marvel game for 12 months. 

On 30/08/2019 at 14:29, Fry Crayola said:

I'd fucking love to be able to play Kosovo v Faroe Islands in the game

And it turns out I can! Konami have licensed every UEFA nation except Hungary, Ireland, Montenegro (all three have fake kits, but real players) and Luxembourg (fake kits and fake players). The latter is probably similar to the reason they don't have even a fictional German league in the game to go alongside the English and Spanish, in that the players in German leagues aren't members of FIFPro so they've no license to use them.

• Upvote 1

Received it on PS4 this morning. Just started going through Master League.

Seems the menus etc are similar to last year, unfortunately still missing the ability to share funds between transfer and wage budgets which is a shame!

Going through Master League as Maradona is worth it though!

Been enjoying My Club the last few seasons. Anyone go for the Legend edition of this? Let us know what spins you get. 

Can pretty much guarantee on a list of legends including Maradona, Batistuta and Cruyff that I’ll end up with either Park Ji Sung or Nakata :facepalm:

This is so lush in Ultrawide.  Games of this type suit themselves to this aspect ratio perfectly.  Not because of the way they look, but because of the gameplay/tactical advantages.  

(Had to scale this down obvs, to fit the 2mb upload limit)

Untitled.thumb.png.e6a0f34d86d61f426bd4a28a12228272.png

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

This is so lush in Ultrawide.  Games of this type suit themselves to this aspect ratio perfectly.  Not because of the way they look, but because of the gameplay/tactical advantages.  

Is it out now or is that the demo?

11 hours ago, Dan chambers said:

Anyone else having the gameplay stutter like mad during matches playing on a ps4 pro? :(

It’s been prone to doing that on PC for the last couple of years though not ‘like mad’. There’s usually some setting you can tweak to remedy it but obviously not on PS4. Haven’t heard any other console complaints though. Maybe hoover out the fans or something?

11 hours ago, nakamura said:

It's so weird to see China and Thailand but not Japan!

The continued absence of the J League frustrates me, especially with the mobile version having both J1 and J2.

Well I got Totti as my legend (happy enough with that) and Neuer from licensed club agent. Also spun Rodri and Bruno Fernandes, so a solid start. Seems silver and gold balls can be upgraded to very useful players this year too, due to the tweaked levelling system.  

Saw the FIFA demo was out and thought I'd give that a go while I'm waiting for this to unlock on PC. Fuck me it's terrible. I actually ended up enjoying last year's FIFA for a few weeks before getting frustrated and I know that a lot of it takes some getting used to, not being a FIFA player for a few years, but it's really, really bad. While I always preferred PES I could see FIFA was decent at what it did and would always give it a go but this is like pre-2007 levels when FIFA was known to be shit.

It won't make any difference to sales of course and I suppose they know that. While the presentation and everything is much better than PES it's clearly just a palette swap from last year. I suppose if it's not broken... but still. It seems lazy from the off but I found it borderline unplayable on the pitch. Probably the worst FIFA I've played in well over a decade.

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

Saw the FIFA demo was out and thought I'd give that a go while I'm waiting for this to unlock on PC. Fuck me it's terrible. I actually ended up enjoying last year's FIFA for a few weeks before getting frustrated and I know that a lot of it takes some getting used to, not being a FIFA player for a few years, but it's really, really bad. While I always preferred PES I could see FIFA was decent at what it did and would always give it a go but this is like pre-2007 levels when FIFA was known to be shit.

It won't make any difference to sales of course and I suppose they know that. While the presentation and everything is much better than PES it's clearly just a palette swap from last year. I suppose if it's not broken... but still. It seems lazy from the off but I found it borderline unplayable on the pitch. Probably the worst FIFA I've played in well over a decade.

I made the mistake of buying FIFA 2018. To me it was unplayable.

22 hours ago, Mitchell said:

weirdly angular, yet better looking that any fifa I've played.

(PES2015 was the last one I bought)

21 hours ago, Pockets said:

Absolutely hyperbole. Unplayable would suggest it doesn't do even the most basic of your commands. 

• Empathy 1

On 10/09/2019 at 11:18, Fry Crayola said:

The continued absence of the J League frustrates me, especially with the mobile version having both J1 and J2.

It's a shame. I really liked the PES demo and have seriously considered jumping back in early this year.