rllmuk
Pockets

PES 2020

As is tradition, I hereby start the annual PES thread.

Details have gone up here - https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/all/

Says September 10th, I bet that's 12th here.

As always, it looks promising but how much of it pans out into tangible improvements remains to be seen. I mean, one of the ML additions is editable sponsor logos to appear in the background which we were all clamouring for weren't we? I bet you still can't edit budgets.

E3 full reveal at 8pm tonight.

• Upvote 1

It's all fluff.

All I care about are which leagues are present, what the actual structure of the Master League mode is, and how much support is there for kit imports.

Being able to be a chubby middle aged Maradona is an irrelevance.

47 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I love pes. But the online is fucking shambles. 

Glad you're joining me in the traditional, annual posts. No doubt Konami will keep up their end and churn out another ludicrously flawed game,

12 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Glad you're joining me in the traditional, annual posts. No doubt Konami will keep up their end and churn out another ludicrously flawed game,

I love playing vs cpu it’s fun. Also the pc version has this weird stutter I could never fix. And the ultimate team mode you need a degree to understand 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

eFootball PES 2020. eFootball? Whoever came up with that should have been fired on the spot.

It wouldn't be PES if they hadn't done something monumentally embarrassing already.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

To show off Master League they've got Maradona in a suit, which let's face it is highly unrealistic.

Are you sure you've not turned over to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding by mistake?

I’ll buy it when it’s £18 at Christmas. I’ve just bought FIFA 19, my first FIFA game since 2003 and it really makes you appreciate how much better PES feels to play. And how much better the PES goalkeepers are as well.

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I’ll buy it when it’s £18 at Christmas. I’ve just bought FIFA 19, my first FIFA game since 2003 and it really makes you appreciate how much better PES feels to play. And how much better the PES goalkeepers are as well.

It's only about £25 on PC at launch.

Konami tweeted a link to their livestream which failed to start on time and was then taken down.

As is tradition.

They really cannot do anything right. It used to be sort of charming but it's just parody now.

• Upvote 2

It's downright baffling how they steadfastly refuse to rebuild myclub from scratch. As soon as they make it into a serviceable and simplified online create-your-own-team mode they'll get a lot more sales and popularity.

My only hope is that they let you adjust wage and transfer budgets.  Every year we (three player co-op Master League) end up with 16 players and hundreds of millions of pounds to spend but we can't because our wage budget is maxed out.

• Upvote 1

I can only presume they've included drug-related court appearances in ML now, hence Maradona in a suit. Though wage/transfer budget control seems a bit far-fetched to expect.

Per the website there’s this

In response to feedback from the community, the team have worked hard this year to implement a more realistic transfer system. The transfer market in PES 2020 will use a brand-new algorithm built on a rich library of real world football data to ensure that transfers, transfer fees, salaries and various other elements are in close alignment with reality. The new transfer system will be more customizable than previous years, with the ability to configure how often players transfer, how difficult negotiations will be, how often your players are payed and whether your first year will feature a pre-season transfer window.

So maybe you’ll be in luck. Probably not.

COVER STAR

The Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi will feature on the cover of this year's Standard Edition! Get the Legend Edition, on the other hand , and you'll receive boxart featuring the iconic Ronaldinho!

MASTER LEAGUE

Master League is back, boasting a powerful new interactive dialogue system that puts the reins firmly in players' hands when it comes to controlling story progression.

You can even choose to be one of several legendary managers, including Zico, Cruyff & Maradona!

MATCHDAY

Stand alongside PES newcomers and seasoned veterans alike in Matchday - the brand new mode where every perfect pass and show-stopping goal contributes points towards victory!

FC BARCELONA PARTNERSHIP

We are delighted to announce that @officialpes and @FCBarcelona have renewed their global partnership! The Camp Nou stadium remains exclusive to #eFootballPES2020.

GAMEPLAY

Legendary Spanish midfielder Andrés Iniesta has been enlisted to help create an immersive and authentic gameplay experience.

STADIUMS

We can also confirm that these stadiums will be returning to eFootball  PES 2020!

- Allianz Parque

- El Monumental

- Emirates Stadium

- Estadio Alberto J.Armando

19 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Per the website there’s this

So maybe you’ll be in luck. Probably not.

Oh they say every year they’re changing the transfer system and never do.  Just need a sliding we like FM has.  Move transfer money into salary.

It got better this year, you can pick where loans are paid from, and you can pick it prize money goes to transfer funds or wage funds I think.  

Will still get it of course, it’s how myself, @disperse and recoagulate and our childhood mate hang out with each other ones a week.  

Konami need some serious help. MyPES is such a complicated mess I just couldn't click with it. Also they need to get rid of the in game model faces for player icons in menus. Presentation needs a massive overhaul.

The whole discussion and the threads I start every year are kind of pointless. Nothing really changes. We know it'll be flawed, have some strange design choices and miss a load of open goals but still be preferable to FIFA in terms of on-pitch gameplay.

I'll buy it because it comes out first, is only £25 and is the game used in my annual world cups with mates. Beyond that anything else is a bonus really. It is really starting to look tired and old and their entire presentation, both in-game and in terms of marketing is embarrassing. I can't see them attracting any new fans with this approach but maybe they don't need to.

It's like an ongoing project that never gets finished and when you check in after a year to see how it's going you find that they've changed the wallpaper but still haven't put a roof on.