IGNORED

Circuit Superstars (w/Forum Time Attacks)

R0b

16 minutes ago, Valver said:

Excellent, some new challengers! :bye:

And indeed, on Xbox as you correctly guessed!

And now I want the Top Gear track in AC Competizione!

Where's the in-game leaderboard in this game? And I don't mean the one in the TG TT menu. A full one with friends and everything.

And why is Lando's time in this video faster (29.454) than the one on the in-game leaderboard (30.558)?

image.png.d51b750a5d1178d07f5d5bd3fc41b91a.png

I don't know how the Top Gear track in game came about and then the involvement of famous drivers, wonder if it was very late in the day and they made the call to carve it out as a TT circuit and almost hard code a top 10 you see to compete against, meaning that the famous names don't all drop out of visibility as soon as the 12y olds get hold of it and put in 25s laps using every exploit they can find. 

30 minutes ago, Meers said:

Where's the in-game leaderboard in this game? And I don't mean the one in the TG TT menu. A full one with friends and everything.

And why is Lando's time in this video faster (29.454) than the one on the in-game leaderboard (30.558)?

So there are in game leaderboards for the weekly time trials...  Just hit the bumpers on the controller to flip from 'global' leaderboards to 'friends' and so on.  No idea why they didn't also include friends times as part of this challenge.

Lando (and Romain and all the others) time's differ because the track was edited after these videos were shot, but before the game released.  You can see changes in the track in the video e.g. the last corner in his video has a hard tyre wall, while in our release theres now a bendy pole there.  I guess they got everyone to have another crack at it after they made the changes, but didn't get time to re-do the videos.

So here’s a video from the guy who probably has the WR at the moment (27.736). View his ghost rather than the camera car:

justacameracar.mp4

So I may have been a bit off-base with not slowing down for the first corner as there is definitely at least a lift there (based on the turbo pop).

32 minutes ago, Valver said:

So there are in game leaderboards for the weekly time trials...  Just hit the bumpers on the controller to flip from 'global' leaderboards to 'friends' and so on.  No idea why they didn't also include friends times as part of this challenge.

Lando (and Romain and all the others) time's differ because the track was edited after these videos were shot, but before the game released.  You can see changes in the track in the video e.g. the last corner in his video has a hard tyre wall, while in our release theres now a bendy pole there.  I guess they got everyone to have another crack at it after they made the changes, but didn't get time to re-do the videos.

Aha, haven't tried that mode yet.

I noticed the track changes as well indeed. Makes sense.

27 minutes ago, Sureshot said:

So here’s a video from the guy who probably has the WR at the moment (27.736). View his ghost rather than the camera car:

justacameracar.mp4

So I may have been a bit off-base with not slowing down for the first corner as there is definitely at least a lift there (based on the turbo pop).

The link to that video's broken for me it seems. I get this:

image.png.7f88f9115dab0df2c73ddb41679e2f37.png

25 minutes ago, mexos said:

You know what would be perfect for this...

Interesting idea! I have one of these -

IMG_0503.thumb.JPG.f09ccefe96729d2d9f8fadf12121ee44.JPG.500ccf14feb5a1f2390c1c3e9df44bd4.JPG

I'm guessing there must be PS1>USB adapters aplenty.  Might have to give it a try!  Although a proper USB enabled RC handset would be miles better, obviously.

2 hours ago, Sureshot said:

justacameracar.mp4

Turning the wheel as little as possible to maintain speed. The Hammerhead is just ridiculous on that video.

I think I'll retire 😂