Circuit Superstars (w/Forum Time Attacks)

R0b

12 minutes ago, Wallace said:

The clip isn't great due to the issue with recording on Xbox if your display is set to 1440p, but here it is:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wallbob/video/145325910

so clean and smooth, and it doesn't look that quick, where are the slides and fighting the car into position !?!?!?

quick laps in cars never look that showy do they.

Thanks 🥰 Won't be long until that gets smashed I'm sure. Entry into the chicane to set up a fast exit is definitely where the time is gained. The stripes on the road are a decent marker for hitting the brakes.

Wow, some fantastic times since yesterday. Not sure if I’ll get any time today but definitely champing at the bit to get back on track! For certain, the Hammerhead is where the gains are at…

I gave this a download and thought I'd roll into it and bang out some easy laps and OH MY GOD I AM STEERING LIKE A DRUNK.

I'm rubbish at such games, yet I'm finding challenge in getting around and getting better.

Any tips or advice?

Finally I'm wondering if you could get this kind of viewpoint and mechanics to work for Moto GP. Taking that original Xbox masterpiece and doing it like this. Including ragdolling characters falling off bikes.

3 minutes ago, Hamus said:

Any tips or advice?

General racing tips really - get on the racing line (the AI will do a pretty good job of showing you it with tyre marks by the end of a race), slow in fast out for corners, you generally need to learn the tracks a bit which will take a few goes to achieve for most people. Stick to the cars in the first two GPs for a bit as they’re easy-handling. 

8 minutes ago, M3gacorp said:

@Wallace got a replay of the sub 29? :D

Respect bro

Didn't record that one but it was just a case of marginal gains on the previous run. Wider line into turn 1 to give a good exit, hugging the inside of turn 2 and keeping it together through the final 2 corners. Hammerhead is crucial.

Well then, now I've managed to work out the Top Gear track layout after about 20 laps of trial and error (more error than trial!) I can now work on improving my lap times. But just to get my name up on the leaderboard... 

multiClunk -40.271* 🤗

*Replay available if anyone wants any pointers 😳

Was planning on getting this at some point but couldnt resist joining in a time trial. Its good fun! Dont understand why the Y button reset puts you off line though.

29.006 Xbox

was trying for ages after that to get under 29 but failed.

Thanks for the advice!

I think what would help me is something like the replays on Trials HD that showed you the players input. They really helped me improve, although I still wasn't that good!

7 hours ago, spatular said:

Was planning on getting this at some point but couldnt resist joining in a time trial. Its good fun! Dont understand why the Y button reset puts you off line though.

29.006 Xbox

was trying for ages after that to get under 29 but failed.

Nice time!

I also wish the Y reset was significantly faster...  the way that little timer ring fills up seems to take an *age*

image.png.e5c27beb9fc39d5652f331d3c6505320.png

You pulled me in with the time trial stuff! First 4 races in the Picolini or whatever cup saw me get 3 10th place finishes, and a dead last. So dead last that I actually crossed the line in the pit lane ...

I doubt I'll be troubling any leaderboards any time soon. I'm really finding it a lot tougher than I usually do this kind of game, possibly because I've barely played them in ages. I should have known from Art of Rally how little gaming skill I have managed to retain these days.