rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Flub

Skate Bird - Skateboard as a bird. With a hat on.

Set to bird themed Lo-fi Hip Hop..

The original trailer

They now have a kickstarter to push them over the line

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meganfox/skatebird-be-a-skateboarding-bird

Grind on bendy straws, kick-flip over staplers, and carve killer lines through cardboard and sticky tape parks!

Explore a bunch of bird-sized parks, with simple controls familiar to any tiny hawk.

Find fancy clothing, secret mixtapes of new music, birbs that need your help, and more!

Skate to an original low-fi birb-hop soundtrack  - or drop in your own mp3s!

And if you bail, you just get back up - because above all else, skate birbs try their best!

SkateBIRD will release on PC, Mac and Linux. Also maybe other places. We talkin to peeps

You're a lonely lil' bird, and your Big Friend has hung up their board for good. Their job sucks, and lately, they're barely ever home to play with you. You're gonna fix all that with the power of being a chill little skateboarding bird. You may be tiny, but the more you skate, the more following you get, the more the world of bird skating will open up. Birds will come check out your park, and maybe even host events! Above all else, skate birds try their best.

:wub::wub:

Day 1 for me. Kickstarted in a heartbeat.

4ae5b7682fd3cccd41ed74397ae0ba56_origina

• Upvote 5

Just now, robdood said:

It looks adorable but something about the animation feels weird to me. 

It seems to snap without animation to grinds which seem to be at a set speed.

Personally; I get the posssibilities of being able combo all the moves because of the bird's wings and it's adorable; but boiled down it's a slow and basic skater.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Yeah, birds on skateboards don't move like that.

I think the most important thing about a skating game is how the board moves, so kindly stick your sarcasm up your bottom, sir. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, robdood said:

I think the most important thing about a skating game is how the board moves, so kindly stick your sarcasm up your bottom, sir. 

That would only compound the animation problem by making me run around like Link in Twilight Princess.

2 hours ago, robdood said:

It looks adorable but something about the animation feels weird to me. 

I got that sense that they have gone for some sort of stop motion feel if that’s what you mean? I was looking specifically to see who else had commented on the animation. Definitely feels a bit strange for this type of game where slick smooth action should be the focus.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Soulstar said:

I got that sense that they have gone for some sort of stop motion feel if that’s what you mean? I was looking specifically to see who else had commented on the animation. Definitely feels a bit strange for this type of game where slick smooth action should be the focus.

that's kind of it, I think, like it feels like the board just instantly changes position and stuff which feels a bit wrong to me.  But how dare I comment, I suppose. 

Birbs is srs business robdood. I know people. I could have you pecked to death and you wouldn't even see it coming.

• Upvote 2

I just played the kickstarter alpha demo. It's rough as fuck but full of birbs and promise. Doing a screm while doing tricks seems to increase your multiplier. So true to life at least.