Marvel’s Avengers: A-Day

1 hour ago, sexton_hardcastle said:

I was only talking about his designs, not his inability to realise what human beings look like. Anyway, fuck this game for makIng me defend Rob Liefled.

You can't defend the indefensible.

I refer the honourable gentleman to this article:

https://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Clearly, he should have been sentenced to life for crimes against humanity.

Guys, I hate to piss on your chips, but there's some current stuff Marvel's doing that has art that would make you cry out for the sweet release of Leifield's worst work.

Exhibit A:

the-punisher-war-machine-1058779.jpg

This is meant to be the big reveal of Frank Castle using the War Machine armour. It looks like a high-school kid's drawing of a chubby fish man.

This looks so bad. I see no one here is talking about the beta which can't be a great sign for them. Clearly no one is too excited about grinding for better Hulk ribcages. That 4K motion blur, yikes! 

4 hours ago, Broker said:

Is the beta open to everyone? I played an hour or two on a friends account but he wants to play other stuff so I only got a brief go.

No, ps4 pre-orders only at the weekend, rolling out to more over the next few weeks. 

Even the marketing and fake beta shite feels like a relic of last gen. 

5 hours ago, Broker said:

Is the beta open to everyone? I played an hour or two on a friends account but he wants to play other stuff so I only got a brief go.

PS4 open beta this weekend & xbox preorders (I think)

Xbox open beta next weekend

If any other beta codes are going spare I'd like one please. :)

edit: Nevermind, I saw it advertised on Twitter so registered with my Virgin account and now have a code. 

I think this is my favourite part of the also-ran GaaS timeline. The bit where, despite everyone knowing it looks not very good, everyone's falling over each other for codes for the beta.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think this is my favourite part of the also-ran GaaS timeline. The bit where, despite everyone knowing it looks not very good, everyone's falling over each other for codes for the beta.

It's for my kids!

It's the right game for a beta because pretty much no one is interested in or talking about it. Like I'm curious enough about the premise to want to give it a go, but not so curious that I'll stake £50 on finding out, because it looks pump. And they have to build hype somehow, it's sort of insane how little traction it's got given the name on the box.