IGNORED

Microsoft Flight Simulator

tronied

I’ve had quite a few landings now where I taxi over to the parking point, gate or wherever and the game doesn’t seem to register it leaving me with the only option of quitting out to the main menu, anyone else had that? 

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I’ve had quite a few landings now where I taxi over to the parking point, gate or wherever and the game doesn’t seem to register it leaving me with the only option of quitting out to the main menu, anyone else had that? 

Yup, plenty of times. There seems to either be random or you have to hit a specific spot for it to trigger. 

Just now, Talk Show Host said:

Yup, plenty of times. There seems to either be random or you have to hit a specific spot for it to trigger. 

Oh well at least it’s not just me, quite unsatisfying isn’t it when you’ve made the flight, nailed the landing etc. and you feel quite pleased with yourself. Also the AI autopilot is terrible at landing and taxiing 😬

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Oh well at least it’s not just me, quite unsatisfying isn’t it when you’ve made the flight, nailed the landing etc. and you feel quite pleased with yourself. Also the AI autopilot is terrible at landing and taxiing 😬

At least the game still registers your flight time (at least I think it does, need to check).

I'm struggling with a couple of things in the lessons. First is trying to lower my altitude but stay at a specific speed (I always speed up despite the game wanting me to slow down). Second is almost the same, but climbing while trying to maintain 75 knots. That seems impossible unless I climb at an absolute snails pace, which doesn't seem right? Any tips? Cheers

35 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Be thing I would like is a replay mode so I can watch my approach and landings from different angles, is this possible in the PC version? 

No, it's mentioned in the feedback log above as something they're looking into adding.

Not sure how this friends leaderboard thing works but if you fancy adding me, I’m StevenMB75 on Live/Xbox/whatever it’s called

Just managed to get #288th on my second bask at the Colorado challenge. Never tried these landing challenges before. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

even after turning the engine off?

15 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I'm struggling with a couple of things in the lessons. First is trying to lower my altitude but stay at a specific speed (I always speed up despite the game wanting me to slow down). Second is almost the same, but climbing while trying to maintain 75 knots. That seems impossible unless I climb at an absolute snails pace, which doesn't seem right? Any tips? Cheers

Try trimming for level flight at the desired speed then throttle up to climb/ throttle down to descend. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Starting a tour of the UK's highest peaks today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_points_in_the_United_Kingdom

Doing it realtime, live weather. Gonna have to break it down into gaming time chunks but should be able to see a decent amount today.

You gave me an idea to do the same.

I recommend Plockton airfield for Ben Nevis, stunning scenery as soon as you take off, you can buzz Eilan Donan castle and everything.

Just did an absolutely perfect cold and dark start with the FlyByWire A320 with zero assistance, taxied to the runway as instructed by ATC, took off and flew the SID like a dream, hit my cruise altitude… and the game crashed. Aaargh

Just bought these today to use with the game. The mouse in particular makes such a huge difference along with the HOTAS, even just using it on the armrest of my sofa. 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8287382

Getting really comfortable now with flying and landing the Cessna 152 with everything on hard. Next up is learning ATC and flight planning. 

49 minutes ago, deerokus said:

You gave me an idea to do the same.

I recommend Plockton airfield for Ben Nevis, stunning scenery as soon as you take off, you can buzz Eilan Donan castle and everything.

And at the end of this beautiful flight on today's sweet weather I nearly crashed on the rather terrifying approach to Fort Augustus air strip. A bit of grass on a hill surrounded by trees and mountains but with a nice view over loch Ness

25 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Can you use any Bluetooth mouse with this? Or do I need one that comes with a dongle?

I have a Logitech MX and just bought a spanking new Logitech MX Master 3 which comes with a dongle but can do Bluetooth unlike my original Master.

I couldn’t get the Bluetooth mouse….actually I can’t get anything Bluetooth to work on the Xbox. I don’t think the Xbox even has Bluetooth? Nothing mentioned about it in the system menus at least.

So I plugged in my dongle while I had the game running and it recognised it but apparently you have to have paired my particular dongle and mouse together while on a computer or Mac at least once for it to work.

7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Has anyone else lost active pause today? Has gone completely from my menu. 

I’ve had that happen a few times and did what someone else suggested and bound it to Y and changed Autopilot master to RB + dpad up

27 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

I’ve had that happen a few times and did what someone else suggested and bound it to Y and changed Autopilot master to RB + dpad up

Thanks. It seems to have completely disappeared from the L3 menu despite a restart of the Xbox, but remapping it has worked perfectly. 

37 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Took a shot with my drone of my town today, then recreated it in Flight Sim. 

That's awesome. I showed my 11 year old and she was "oh... they're different."

I mumbled about how flight sims used to look flat shaded like the roblox game she was playing but I don't think she was listening.

5 minutes ago, TehStu said:

That's awesome. I showed my 11 year old and she was "oh... they're different."

I mumbled about how flight sims used to look flat shaded like the roblox game she was playing but I don't think she was listening.

She's right, I thought I got the same spot but it's a little out. 

I made this. Might help people plan a button map

These are the default controls. There’s a lot of space available to map stuff which is cool.

632AB847-83DE-4390-A809-39B0E66E7D75.thumb.jpeg.38341e23705a21fed2d9d8f4163ced73.jpeg

Also there is an option in General Options>‘camera> Freelook Momentum which adjusts the amount of travel on the camera stick which is great because no I don’t over shoot the controls in the cockpit when zoomed in.

Toggle Drone Camera to LB + Select View button makes sense but doesn’t work. It’s going to be like programming this is…