Microsoft Flight Simulator

tronied

Load it. Download the U.K. update (I’m being repetitive, but if you’re in the U.K. you do want to do this). Stare.

I think tomorrow it’s “download the pc update, while downloading the content packs on Xbox” (mostly to take the console on holiday) then worry about actually playing it on Wednesday.

@Stanley Squirrels vids are great aren’t they. All his original ones for the PC version are still really relevant too. Particularly loved the one where he did a flight IRL then reflex it in the sim. Brilliant. 

19 minutes ago, footle said:

Load it. Download the U.K. update (I’m being repetitive, but if you’re in the U.K. you do want to do this). Stare.

I think tomorrow it’s “download the pc update, while downloading the content packs on Xbox” (mostly to take the console on holiday) then worry about actually playing it on Wednesday.

I can only see airport and aircraft updates.

A guy who was a good friend when I was at school is a pilot of private jets that you can hire these days - basically a flying taxi for rich people who aren't rich enough to own their own private jet. His Instagram is often filled with whatever destinations he's at, the Seychelles one day, Macau another, Dubai another. 

This will be the closest 99. 999% of people get to his job. 

Having never played a Flight Sim, but being a sucker for a peripheral, I’m trying to track down a Hotas One. 

I’ve been looking forward to this game for months, why I was so short-sighted on purchasing the plastic tat up front is a real low point.  

1 hour ago, spanx said:

@Stanley Squirrels vids are great aren’t they. All his original ones for the PC version are still really relevant too. Particularly loved the one where he did a flight IRL then reflex it in the sim. Brilliant. 

Ooh I’ll have to check that one out, and yes I think he’s brilliant, very easy to understand and his delivery is natural and relaxed. 

32 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Having never played a Flight Sim, but being a sucker for a peripheral, I’m trying to track down a Hotas One. 

I’ve been looking forward to this game for months, why I was so short-sighted on purchasing the plastic tat up front is a real low point.  

I managed to get one from Argos, won't arrive to my local store till Thursday but it's only a few extra days to wait! Think I will wait, don't want to start it with the controller then have to switch over.

2 hours ago, Pockets said:

Colours are weird as I took the shot in HDR but this is me coming in to land my private jet at London City. A fun one to try tomorrow as if you're coming in from the west you have to dodge Canary Wharf and drop quickly.

I have started using the Xbox Game bar for screenshots. It generates one image that is all wrong, very similar to yours, but also a colour correct one (as seen in my post up thread a little).

I have never flown a jet in almost a year of playing this game although, to be fair, I couldn't play it at all for the first few months as it would not install on my last PC due to Windows being broken.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

You really don't need a Hotas to play the game and I would highly recommend everyone try the game before throwing money at peripherals as, for all it's eye candy, it will definitely not be for everyone. Pre release of the PC version last I was very close to buying a stick and throttle as I had convinced myself they were essential but I've since found that I'm perfectly happy pootling around with a pad (plus M+K to make life a little bit easier on menu screens and so on). 

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

This is a out 100gb all told isn't it? Somewhere in that region?

Yeap, 42 + 55 Gb if I remember correctly from the pre-download.

20 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

This is a out 100gb all told isn't it? Somewhere in that region?

I'm at work and had forgotten about todays release so I just opened the Game Pass app to install it, according to the app it's 102gb. 

At least it'll be ready for me when I get home :) 

58 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I’m unreasonably excited about this launching today. Next gen, baby!

Yeah I’m get that feeling too, and it’s a world first - first time ever on console. 

I've seen the various world updates on the PC version - will these be on the Xbox release?  I'm particularly interested in the UK and Ireland update - I'm just hoping they're not purchasable extras! 

2 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I've seen the various world updates on the PC version - will these be on the Xbox release?  I'm particularly interested in the UK and Ireland update - I'm just hoping they're not purchasable extras! 

Yes.

They're free.

They're also necessary for some of the discovery flights.

But they are reasonably big.

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

They are free on the PC, so I don't see why they would be paid content on console.

Don't forget to check the market place Xbox players!

image.thumb.png.a1fa99d5c05de5442194ac90e5d6befa.png