IGNORED

Microsoft Flight Simulator

tronied

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Tonight’s challenge, first A320 flight, trying to manage autopilot descent and approach in to airport in Northern Italy. Sufficed to say I have no fucking idea what I’m doing. 

F34A4505-ED7E-490E-AEE3-D80A7B6A8849.jpeg

Just make sure the No Smoking sign is on and you’ll be fine.

I cracked yesterday and bought a HOTAS one flight stick to play this for 2 reasons.

I was watching a few youtube vids and somebody mentioned they didn't like playing with the pad as it didn't feel as good, then I convinced myself they'd all be sold in a week or so meaning it'll be PS5/XSeries scalper time again on eBay as the people who thought a couple of weeks ahead have a garage full of them to sell.

My XSX is doing some stuff and I glanced at the TV to find it doing the "here are some achievements you could earn" thing. One is "land at 500 different airports" for Flight Simulator.

Oh man, I am totally taking a stab at that. That's the kind of achievement I like, making you do things in games you might not otherwise.

14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

My XSX is doing some stuff and I glanced at the TV to find it doing the "here are some achievements you could earn" thing. One is "land at 500 different airports" for Flight Simulator.

Oh man, I am totally taking a stab at that. That's the kind of achievement I like, making you do things in games you might not otherwise.

I've managed a paltry 95 airports so far...

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

500?!

I really hope I get into this and it’s not a 30 min wonder. I’ve been watching loads of YouTube videos and it looks fantastic. Hopefully the controls will be ok or at least let you use a mouse for some of the operations. 

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Oh man, where is everyone flying first? I’m thinking after whatever tutorials they throw my way, Rome.

6 days :omg:

Even though I’ve been playing this for a year, the new Sim Update is going to be like a new version, with the expected performance improvements. 

So my inaugural Sim Update 5 flight…. Reckon I’ll pick up one of the newer Bush Trips and do one of those. The Croatian one is highly recommended btw. 

20 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Oh man, where is everyone flying first? I’m thinking after whatever tutorials they throw my way, Rome.

6 days :omg:

Straight into my neighbours house. 

In all seriousness, I will most likely fly about places in Central Scotland and the west coast. Then up to the Highlands. 

3 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I'm wondering whether to check I actually like this before buying a Thrustmaster stick. But if I don't buy one beforehand, will I be able to judge the game properly just using a joypad? WHAT A DILEMMA.

My logic was the stick was utterly essential and they'd all be sold out next week so despite never playing a flight sim before I got one.

I can then hate it or bounce off it for the right reasons. 

4 minutes ago, Gotters said:

My logic was the stick was utterly essential and they'd all be sold out next week so despite never playing a flight sim before I got one.

I can then hate it or bounce off it for the right reasons. 

I get that logic! Hmmm.

Just now, Eighthours said:

I get that logic! Hmmm.

If you play it and don't like it on a pad you'll always wonder about the stick, but won't be able to get one then, so know it's your own fault you've ruined the first properly next gen gaming experience in existence cos you were too mean to fork out £80.

It's almost daft not to buy one.

12 minutes ago, Gotters said:

If you play it and don't like it on a pad you'll always wonder about the stick, but won't be able to get one then, so know it's your own fault you've ruined the first properly next gen gaming experience in existence cos you were too mean to fork out £80.

It's almost daft not to buy one.

I have just bought one. 😅 (EDIT: Oh! I'll also be able to play Elite Dangerous with it.)