Microsoft Flight Simulator

tronied

5 minutes ago, AI said:

£100 is the new £70 😂

£1000+ is the new £70 if he’s going to enter the content marketplace. But there’s no need to jump in at £100 for a bit. Ease in, fly a Cessna, fly an a380, decide if the Dreamliner is really going to be worth £100 (because you are using gamepass, right? and there’s no “gamepass upgrade”)

This is just phenomenal. Only had a couple of flights so far which were completely comical, honestly I was pissing myself with laughter the first time I tried a runway takeoff and ended up flying upside-down, somehow, diving straight towards the airport control tower but somehow managing to pull out of it (using GTA flight skills alone). I've already got about a grand of spending planned out, on a VR headset, yoke, throttle and pedals. Only the feeling that I'm never going to have time to get the most out of it is saving me from bankrupting myself to play a game. 

10 minutes ago, footle said:

£1000+ is the new £70 if he’s going to enter the content marketplace. But there’s no need to jump in at £100 for a bit. Ease in, fly a Cessna, fly an a380, decide if the Dreamliner is really going to be worth £100 (because you are using gamepass, right? and there’s no “gamepass upgrade”)

Honestly just go for the default Game Pass pack to start. I'm nowhere near needing additional aeroplanes or content after a LOT of hours. I'll probably upgrade at some point, but third party tools like Navigraph and getting a decent HOTAS should be your priority

5 minutes ago, Giddas said:

What sort of xbox install size are we looking at?

My PC install is 135GB right now, so something around there.

3 minutes ago, spanx said:

Honestly just go for the default Game Pass pack to start.

And just to echo this, you absolutely do not need the extra bits to play and enjoy this game. I'm using the Game Pass version myself and there's almost too much to do.

If you end up loving it, by all means splurge but it's not required to get up-and-running (flying).

What is Navigraph? Thanks for the tips btw, I will definitely be investing in some extra peripherals come release, waiting to see if any new announcements regarding those come our way soon, if not I might just use my thrustmaster t-flight to begin with. What do you guys use? 

14 minutes ago, Stanley said:

What is Navigraph? Thanks for the tips btw, I will definitely be investing in some extra peripherals come release, waiting to see if any new announcements regarding those come our way soon, if not I might just use my thrustmaster t-flight to begin with. What do you guys use? 

Navigraph is a brilliant service that provides all the airport charts - particularly useful when you delve in to the world of instrument flying, autopilot and ATC. Everything you need to plan routes, see your approach procedures, airport maps. The lot. They also just acquired SimBrief that has great tools for flight planning etc. 

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I’m assuming the series s version will be smaller due to the lack of 4K textures?

There’s not a lot of 4k textures going on. It’s mostly quantity. The actual planes aren’t thousands of textures.

Seems this has a base 30fps target on Xbox, which makes sense as it kills even the most powerful future space PC's. As you can imagine, this has caused many, many genuine concerns. A solid 30fps is fine for this one.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Ah balls, I'll still give it a bash though. 

Can't remember for sure, but I think you can. There's quite a bit more space under the Clifton suspension bridge than tier bridge...

24 minutes ago, layten said:

Seems this has a base 30fps target on Xbox, which makes sense as it kills even the most powerful future space PC's. As you can imagine, this has caused many, many genuine concerns. A solid 30fps is fine for this one.

I’m hoping this coincides with the DX12 version they’ve been working on for PC. Should help with performance 

3 minutes ago, spanx said:

I’m hoping this coincides with the DX12 version they’ve been working on for PC. Should help with performance 

A DLSS patch would be nice...

2 minutes ago, deerokus said:

More than that. You aren't meant to buy all the dlc for simulators! 

Yeah if you buy it all it's a slippery (and expensive) slope!

The 15 or so planes in the "free" edition are just fine. I love pottering about in the Cessna.

9 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

Yeah if you buy it all it's a slippery (and expensive) slope!

The 15 or so planes in the "free" edition are just fine. I love pottering about in the Cessna.

For my sins I enjoy pottering around with Train Sim World. Each DLC is the price of a mid-budget game, you just pick the stuff you're interested in. 

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

For my sins I enjoy pottering around with Train Sim World. Each DLC is the price of a mid-budget game, you just pick the stuff you're interested in. 

I don’t particularly like Trains......or sims.........but Train Sim World is fucking awesome! Love how it’s got the medals to go for on each scenario. I take it there’s nothing like that in MFS?

Also, does anyone know if MFS has a 60fps performance mode on Series X or will it just be 30fps?

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

More than that. You aren't meant to buy all the dlc for simulators! 

I wonder if anyone ever managed to buy all the Train Simulator DLC?

image.png.d8053d3a1eca007cfbd68c443e43327f.png