Microsoft Flight Simulator

There will be plenty of expansion aircraft. I used the aerosoft a320 in fsx which was fantastic and they are working on one for fs2020

Check it out.

PMDG also make great commercial aircraft add ons. I had their 737 which was awesome. It will be interesting to see what happens as developers get used to the new sim. 

The built in aircraft have always been less than accurate in flight sim but it looks like they are the most accurate so far but still a fair way off what is around in the add on market. 

10 hours ago, layten said:

Pray for Meers.

Pray this: i5 7300, GTX1050 4GB, 8GB RAM. 

Having it installed on an SSD doesn't make it run better on those specs. I've given up on it until I get better hardware. :facepalm:

Unless you can tell me that changing the current SSD with a 1TB one and adding more RAM will magically transform my laptop into a FS2020 machine. ;)

This is the game that's going to make me get a new CPU, isn't it?

I was lucky enough to get one of the few 3080s out there, booted this up, and it's running at 30-40fps. However it's running at 30-40fps regardless of whether I have the graphics settings at medium or ultra, so think I'm CPU bottlenecked.

Which makes sense given I'm on a i5 6600K.

43 minutes ago, Isaac said:

This is the game that's going to make me get a new CPU, isn't it?

I was lucky enough to get one of the few 3080s out there, booted this up, and it's running at 30-40fps. However it's running at 30-40fps regardless of whether I have the graphics settings at medium or ultra, so think I'm CPU bottlenecked.

Which makes sense given I'm on a i5 6600K.

Yup, it is :) 

1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

When they upgrade to DX12 we should see substantial improvements on CPUs with more than 4 cores / threads, no?

I think so. At the moment it maxes out at using 6 cores, and is heavily dependent on one thread. Fly in the wrong place and I’m able to CPU limit with a 1080 and a 3900x...

99.999% of the time I’m GPU limited though.

Japan update out today.

Be warned, there's a 7.4GB general update first with a bunch of fixes and so on, you then add the Japan content as a free download from the Marketplace. So don't imagine you'll be starting to fly around Fuji-san immediately or anything.

Just had a flight around Tokyo with the new imagery and it's like night and day from before, you can make out like, the building frontages of Akihabara, or the giant golden poo across from Asakura. Everything is a lot more built up as it should be, than just one or two stories like it was before.

sPRxx2K.jpg

I've finally installed it and wow, I'm a terrible pilot. I had much fun with MS Flight, but it seems that I've lost all my captain skills over the years. I'm currently using a controller-keyboard combo but I guess I'll have to see if I can find my old Thrustmaster because this is no good. Apparently I'm causing damage to my plane simply by flying badly :lol: