Jump to content

Microsoft Flight Simulator


Recommended Posts

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

So how does this work? I've heard people saying you can find your house and see real time flights in the air - is that true?

Yes to the first bit. Not really sure how real time flights work but I have seen other planes around.. Are they real time flights or other people playing? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

I have done it three times now, I am using an Elite controller. It shows the dpad directions to press, I do, and then nothing.


let me check. Could be a while...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Yes to the first bit. Not really sure how real time flights work but I have seen other planes around.. Are they real time flights or other people playing? 


there’s real time flights, if you’ve got the appropriate settings turned on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

I have done it three times now, I am using an Elite controller. It shows the dpad directions to press, I do, and then nothing.


@Talk Show Host
 

so keyboard and controller:

1. on the first instruction, press left on the dpad and hold it down to look left. Keep holding it left till the instruction goes green.

2. on the second instruction, you need to use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Yes to the first bit. Not really sure how real time flights work but I have seen other planes around.. Are they real time flights or other people playing? 

 

11 minutes ago, footle said:


there’s real time flights, if you’ve got the appropriate settings turned on.

 

Wow, that's incredible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Live traffic - about a minute and a half’s delay into Gatwick - watching a plane land at Gatwick on Flightradar24, then watching it come in to land over kingsfold a little bit later in game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, footle said:


@Talk Show Host
 

so keyboard and controller:

1. on the first instruction, press left on the dpad and hold it down to look left. Keep holding it left till the instruction goes green.

2. on the second instruction, you need to use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

 

 

Thanks, that's the thing, I wasn't getting the second option for some reason. I've restarted a couple of times and I got it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it feels nice to be back after many years not playing FSX. It's certainly an achievement. 

 

Any recommendations for a GTX 1070? Game defaults to high end on 1080 but I have tried using my monitor's native 1440p and render down to 70, for example. Any tips on what is the best and which graphic settings can give me some more fps? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

So, it feels nice to be back after many years not playing FSX. It's certainly an achievement. 

 

Any recommendations for a GTX 1070? Game defaults to high end on 1080 but I have tried using my monitor's native 1440p and render down to 70, for example. Any tips on what is the best and which graphic settings can give me some more fps? 

 

Terrain Level of Detail and Object Level of Detail will give the most significant change to fps. Keep everything on High and scale those two suit to begin with.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

So, it feels nice to be back after many years not playing FSX. It's certainly an achievement. 

 

Any recommendations for a GTX 1070? Game defaults to high end on 1080 but I have tried using my monitor's native 1440p and render down to 70, for example. Any tips on what is the best and which graphic settings can give me some more fps? 

 

This was posted just above your first post. Worth a watch  : 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Booted this up on my new PC the last couple of days and it’s been really unstable. Haven’t managed to finish a flight yet. And the autopilot is still fucked.

 

It’s such a shame, hope it gets another patch soon. Really want to get this going when I get my 3080

Link to post
Share on other sites

Patch is due very soon

 

https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-upcoming-patch-2-details/

 

Performance improvements

ATC updates

UI updates

Aerodynamic updates

Aircraft updates

Cockpit visuals and animation updates

General aviation system updates

General aviation avionic updated

Airliner system updates

Airliner avionic updates

Live Weather updates – (e.g. 225/3kt wind fixed, persistency fixed, etc.)

Upgraded multiplayer servers

Marketplace updates

Content Manager updates

Localization updates

Accessibility updates

Camera updates

Bush Trip updates (e.g. completion trigger fixed/Completionist achievement fixed)

World updates

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spanx said:

Booted this up on my new PC the last couple of days and it’s been really unstable. Haven’t managed to finish a flight yet. And the autopilot is still fucked.

 

It’s such a shame, hope it gets another patch soon. Really want to get this going when I get my 3080

 

The AP for the A320 is fine, but haven't a clue what's going on with the Boeing. I kind of got it working OK on one of the tubroprops but I need to get more time in them to feel like I know what the AP is going to do before it does it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just been sodding around in the Cessna 172, and the AP in that just randomly goes mental. Just suddenly decides you want to climb at a ridiculous angle and stalls you. No amount of flicking flight level controls etc fixes it. It’s really annoying. 
 

Anyway this mega patch will hopefully line up with me getting my new GPU and I’ll give it another go

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any news on this coming to the new Xbox? Seems this was suggested when it was launched. It's on gamepass right? Reckon it would be the game to persuade me to pre-order the console next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baz said:

Is there any news on this coming to the new Xbox? Seems this was suggested when it was launched. It's on gamepass right? Reckon it would be the game to persuade me to pre-order the console next week.

 

Not at launch. No announcement of when. They have enough things to fix on PC without adding folk who'll expect it to work perfectly out of the box - it'll be a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2020 at 08:58, Wizcat said:

Patch is due very soon

 

https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-upcoming-patch-2-details/

 

Performance improvements

ATC updates

UI updates

Aerodynamic updates

Aircraft updates

Cockpit visuals and animation updates

General aviation system updates

General aviation avionic updated

Airliner system updates

Airliner avionic updates

Live Weather updates – (e.g. 225/3kt wind fixed, persistency fixed, etc.)

Upgraded multiplayer servers

Marketplace updates

Content Manager updates

Localization updates

Accessibility updates

Camera updates

Bush Trip updates (e.g. completion trigger fixed/Completionist achievement fixed)

World updates

 

Worth noting that I got stuck in a 11GB download for this through their content updater. The "solution" was to install NetLimiter4, throttle flight sim's updates back to 3MB/s, and then it stopped continually half downloading one file.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So has the patch improved things at all? I've installed it, but not tried it yet as the game takes over 20 minutes to boot. Providing it doesn't crash somewhere along the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meers said:

So has the patch improved things at all? I've installed it, but not tried it yet as the game takes over 20 minutes to boot. Providing it doesn't crash somewhere along the line.

Certainly feels like C64 times again with this title on my system. :facepalm:

 

Edit - whoops, hit the quote button instead of the edit one, which is now in a sub menu on the top right after the forum update. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Meers said:

So has the patch improved things at all? I've installed it, but not tried it yet as the game takes over 20 minutes to boot. Providing it doesn't crash somewhere along the line.


20 minutes? You’ve got it on a HDD?


I think I gained a few frames over New York - certainly I was seeing more cases (with developer mode switched on) where I was cpu bound in the main thread at 90% of 1440p than previously. But I haven’t done a rigorous analysis by any means.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, footle said:

20 minutes? You’ve got it on a HDD?

 

Yes, my laptop only has a 120GB SSD and I've got Assetto Corsa Competizione on there already taking up most of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2020 at 15:11, Wallace said:

 

The AP for the A320 is fine, but haven't a clue what's going on with the Boeing. I kind of got it working OK on one of the tubroprops but I need to get more time in them to feel like I know what the AP is going to do before it does it.

The A320 autopilot is totally broken at the moment from what I have heard and seen. Speed management is completely broken which means the aircraft accelerates far too fast under 10000 feet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bangaio said:

The A320 autopilot is totally broken at the moment from what I have heard and seen. Speed management is completely broken which means the aircraft accelerates far too fast under 10000 feet. 

 

I read that to but managed to fly from Madrid to Gibraltar with no issues last night. The latest patch has messed some things up so hopefully it gets a hotfix soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any luck getting DS4Windows to work properly with this? The game detects my DS4 but the stick inputs are ridiculously sensitive and don't work at all in the menus, and going into the Controller settings to adjust them crashes the game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.