Microsoft Flight Simulator

5 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I don't think they'd ever add combat, there's waaay too many controversies with something set in the real world, what happens if a bunch of people go and shoot up a school after a real world event, or a synagogue?

But I would like to see this tech extend to other types of sims, sailing, driving, yes, probably even trains eventually.

Yeah, more that myself anyway (not got a lot of interest in anything with combat at all in games these days).

2 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Just wish we knew when this is being released on Series X.  Cannot wait.

Given today's previews, I'm sure Microsoft's Series X marketing team also wish they could say.

Just now, layten said:

I'm amazed they didn't have footage of this all over their show the other week. 

I can only think that it's not possible to get it to run on Jaguar cores and there's that "xbox one" promise.

Otherwise you'd try and push it out for a spring release if it'd impact the PC roadmap too much to get it out by November.

Ah, OK. I went back to rewatch the E3 reveal and it's not mentioned, but it must have been said on stage because that's the impression I got, plus there are comments to that effect toward the start of the thread. But then, the official page does only say PC right now.

I know this is might be a daft question but is China included? I know that they're pretty protective with Maps and the like. I would love nothing more than to fly over Lu Shan in Hubei province and relive my 20s (when I was able to fly). 

2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

So... at what point do MS enrich this world with getting out of your plane and running around. Maybe a shootout on the tarmac to get a briefcase from a hanger. And then it goes MMO and there are others just flying around doing missions. The idea of a detailed world like this just springs forward so many ideas.

I've always wanted to make a game which pulls something like openstreetmap data and generates a world around you. Say a zombie survival thing but I can start from my own home and it'll generate houses and schools and shops based on street map data. But I was thinking 2D simple world.

I remember a conversation like this when playing TDU years ago - driving past a golf course while other people are playing PGA and someone making their way through the city playing Hitman etc

I wonder if that kind of thing would ever be likely? 

39 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I remember a conversation like this when playing TDU years ago - driving past a golf course while other people are playing PGA and someone making their way through the city playing Hitman etc

I wonder if that kind of thing would ever be likely? 

Or fun? 

This looks incredible. Do we know if it's launching on Game Pass? Either way I'll be diving in at launch. Can't wait to fly on a massive screen in a dim lit room with everything turned high/4K, flying over a city at night, whilst the stewardess brings me Scotch on the rocks and a blunt. 

I'm seriously going to make an evening Atlantic crossing in real-time. Can not wait.

I keep watching videos and can't get over how stunning this looks. My first adventure in flight was Solo Flight on the Atari 8 bit, and I've tried flight sims over the years, but I really hope this lets me take off from Glasgow, fly over Arran, go to Prestwick and land in Edinburgh with some landmarks to see / accurate scenery.  

How far we've come! 

1 hour ago, footle said:

Or fun? 

I think that’s a fair point. To me it doesn’t have to be the same instanced world. I’d just love to see the tech get licensed out with a cloud backend or similar that other games can use to set their world. With that upgrading and improving data over time these real world set experiences can evolve.

Fucking hell. I'm looking at yokes now. I know I can use my One controller but I already have a wheel and Wheel Stand Pro, plus racing chair in my living room. I could kick my wheel to the curb for a while and plonk on the yoke.

Chill. Obviously be best to wait and see if I even like the game but the thought of flying all over the globe with visuals of that fidelity is making me go all giddy.

2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

I know this is might be a daft question but is China included? I know that they're pretty protective with Maps and the like. I would love nothing more than to fly over Lu Shan in Hubei province and relive my 20s (when I was able to fly). 

Check it out in Bing Maps as that'll be where they are getting the data from.

The scenery looks lush but this has all sorts of wonk that using me fsx with mods blows away. For example I watched a trailer today with an a320 and the sound was all wrong and when it landed the landing physics were way off. What was a thumper if a landing had now bounce, floating or even any give just a slam. Even landing heat suspension which has been modelled and animated in fsx just didn’t budge. I’ve gone back and sound some of the nicest fsx videos and to be honest the scenery in this is lush but a much older game still gets pretty close with add ins. 

Still if developers get on board and make some decent aircraft for this I may even buy a pc again to play it but I don’t think I’d go near this on a console as an aviation geek. 

21 minutes ago, Bangaio said:

The scenery looks lush but this has all sorts of wonk that using me fsx with mods blows away. For example I watched a trailer today with an a320 and the sound was all wrong and when it landed the landing physics were way off. What was a thumper if a landing had now bounce, floating or even any give just a slam. Even landing heat suspension which has been modelled and animated in fsx just didn’t budge. I’ve gone back and sound some of the nicest fsx videos and to be honest the scenery in this is lush but a much older game still gets pretty close with add ins. 

Still if developers get on board and make some decent aircraft for this I may even buy a pc again to play it but I don’t think I’d go near this on a console as an aviation geek. 

U wot m8?

Vivid and Detailed Landscapes – Immerse yourself in the vast and beautiful world that is our planet with more than 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more.

A Living World – Earth is vibrant and ever-changing and so is the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.   

Highly Detailed Aircraft – Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.  

New Checklist System – From pro to beginner, scale your level from full manual to full assist with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist. 

Dynamic Weather – The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more. 

New Day & Night Engine– Experience flight at any time of day or year allowing for night VFR, visual flight rules, navigation. 

Aerodynamic Modeling- A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience.