Jump to content
IGNORED

Deathloop - Tales from the Loop


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Flanders said:

Absolutely baffling the online rage this game generates, people were seething that there was a trailer at the PlayStation event for the only major PlayStation exclusive coming out over the next few months.

Why, what was the problem exactly?

 

 

I didn't pay attention to the Showcase trailer because I've already bought it and seen enough. I'm hell of excited, as the kids tend to say

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Why, what was the problem exactly?

 

 

I didn't pay attention to the Showcase trailer because I've already bought it and seen enough. I'm hell of excited, as the kids tend to say

 


I’m certainly not raging about it, but I do think at an event where people are eagerly waiting to see what Sony have up their sleeves, it’s a bit much to be dedicating a good 5 minutes to a game which we’ve already seen multiple times and is out next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mystacon said:


I’m certainly not raging about it, but I do think at an event where people are eagerly waiting to see what Sony have up their sleeves, it’s a bit much to be dedicating a good 5 minutes to a game which we’ve already seen multiple times and is out next week.

 

3 minutes.

I take it you'd have preferred more short and sweet CGI trailers covering games that aren't coming out until 2024+, if ever?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was slightly surprised to see it with the release so soon but given the marketing spend on it doesn’t seem to be that high I suppose you can’t blame Sony for giving it some spotlight.

 

In other news, apparently the review embargo is on Monday. I’ll know if I hate it by tomorrow evening hopefully!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, footle said:

 

3 minutes.

I take it you'd have preferred more short and sweet CGI trailers covering games that aren't coming out until 2024+, if ever?


Christ, ok then 3 minutes, I didn’t time it, sorry! Either way, it was one of the longer showings.

 

And yeah, I think I’d have taken those short and sweet trailers over something I’ve already seen a dozen times and is out next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I think it’s safe to presume that Sony didn’t can the bloodborne 2 gameplay reveal in favour of a deathloop trailer so I don’t think we’ve lost anything. If they hadn’t included it the presentation would have been 3 minutes shorter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every single one of Arkane’s recent games has been a commercial disappointment in no small part because Bethesda didn’t/couldn’t invest enough to market them properly. 
 

Bethesda probably initially signed up to do Deathloop and Ghostwire as exclusives so they’d get the benefit of the kind of exposure Sony have been giving them - the subsequent sale to Microsoft was born out of the same challenge they had selling anything that wasn’t Fallout, Skyrim or Doom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr Do 71 changed the title to Deathloop - Tales from the Loop

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.