rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Deathloop from Arkane Studios

Looks interesting, and the fact that it's from the same people who made Dishonored makes it automatically more interesting. I like how it seems to feature two black protagonists, too, one of whom is a woman. Makes a difference from the surly white guy clones we seem to always get in these types of games.

Timeloops are this year’s thing! 

Brilliant that Arkane have a new IP coming out. Any idea what kind of game it actually is?

3 hours ago, Pob said:

Timeloops are this year’s thing! 

Brilliant that Arkane have a new IP coming out. Any idea what kind of game it actually is?

My thoughts too - a 1v1 deathmatch kind of thing? 

We don't know, but at least it will have Arkane's quality level design and immersive sim style gameplay, going by this blurb

DEATHLOOP” transports players to the lawless island of Blackreef in an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins. Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like. Hunt down targets all over the island in an effort to put an end to the cycle once and for all, and remember, if at first you don’t succeed… die, die again.

• Upvote 2

The blurb has me hoping for some kind of Dark Souls-meets-Dishonored immersive sim, but the ambiguity and the fact Arkane have been hiring monetisation people has me a bit concerned.

Got a feeling this will be something where you have a specific objective to meet and another player will try to stop you and vise versa; could be very fun and I imagine it's been focussed on 2 players so you can properly get into the whole cat and mouse antics of it all.

Do we know it’s multiplayer? Perhaps it’s single player and you alternate roles after each death until each character unearths enough info to break the loop. Could be interesting trying to kill your own former (and soon to be again) avatar.