rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Happy Halloween

14 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Couldn’t find that in the settings. Will have a look later. 

You don't need to enable it in the settings, by default you can use both the face buttons and the bumpers. It just only ever explicitly tells you to use the face buttons unless you look at the control scheme menu.

2 hours ago, Majora said:

Control tip: The game tells you to use the A, X and Y buttons for the flash stun, dark light beam and plunger respectively but this leaves you unable to aim with the right stick at the same time.

What it doesn't explicitly make clear unless you look in the settings screen is that you can use RB for the flash stun, LB for plunger and RB+LB for the dark light beam. This means you can actually aim with the right stick while using these moves. Why they don't push the bumpers as the default for these moves is beyond me.

I’m quoting this so it stays current on the latest page, this is so much better to use

• Upvote 3

Im finding it a lot easier and more natural to use ‘horizontal only aiming’ rather than ‘omni-directional’ but then have of course been unable to suck up gold bars that are high up.

Edit: you use motion controls to aim up and down, doh!

This is great, a perfect Halloween game. Preferred Dark moon over Mansion 1 and this games plays just like Dark moon. Love the spooky jazz soundtrack so far, can't wait to play some co-op later.

• Upvote 1

The Game Collection's let me down as there was no game or even a missed delivery card waiting for me when I got home, at least if it turns up tomorrow my initial play won't be disturbed by trick or treater's I guess!

I just got this, got busted offering to go get some shopping for no particular reason.... anyhoo I didn’t go to the shops and figured Sainsbury’s would be the same price, fifty bloody quid!

Seems this may be in the "2 for £60" offer in some tescos if anyone still hasn't picked this up.  Was going to order through amazon but may pop down the local this weekend (which will mean they either don't have it or won't be in the offer!).

I enjoyed this from the very first second I got to play it but oh man does it get better and better. The entire 4th floor was nothing short of magical to me, the atmosphere, the music, the boss fight :wub:

This game is pretty much low key excellence, nay, perfection!

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Only played for about 30 minutes and I’m disappointed. The ghost capturing mechanic is nothing like the original, gone is the frantic music and lighting effects and being pulled around and room and In is bashing A to fling ghosts to the ground.

All the little music scratch Audio cues are gone and I’d collected about $2000 in coins and notes before even seeing my first ghost. It takes a long time to get going and can’t even do the coop yet as that’s not unlocked just yet. 

I really hope it gets better as the original was a great game that was straight to the point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Majora said:

Control tip: The game tells you to use the A, X and Y buttons for the flash stun, dark light beam and plunger respectively but this leaves you unable to aim with the right stick at the same time.

What it doesn't explicitly make clear unless you look in the settings screen is that you can use RB for the flash stun, LB for plunger and RB+LB for the dark light beam. This means you can actually aim with the right stick while using these moves. Why they don't push the bumpers as the default for these moves is beyond me.

Great tip thanks for sharing...

Had an hour or so with this last night and really enjoying it so far... The visuals are lovely and the game just oozes charm! Struggled with the controls at times but will try the above! Just acquired Gooigi so expecting the game is going to open up much more.... Day off today will be indulging extensively... :)

it's very moreish to play I'm finding - I think as an old git I often feel lost in bigger games and a bit overwhelmed as to where to go or what to do next, this doesn't have this problem as is quite tightly structured

just played the very lovely 4th floor - that has a style an atmosphere that I think you only find in these crafted nintendo titles.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gotters said:

it's very moreish to play I'm finding - I think as an old git I often feel lost in bigger games and a bit overwhelmed as to where to go or what to do next, this doesn't have this problem as is quite tightly structured

just played the very lovely 4th floor - that has a style an atmosphere that I think you only find in these crafted nintendo titles.

Indeed I think these days  I just want something fun to play that makes me smile. Find most of the time with many modern games there is significant  investment in time in just trying to play a game sometimes so much so it feels like work to play... Upgrading this and that managing things etc etc. Like the simplicity of these type of games whist still providing a challenge they are still fun and easy to pick up and play. 

• Upvote 2

On 07/06/2019 at 04:45, Rob Rule said:

Next Level Games are grea- oh.

Next Level Games are great now. The game gets better and better and has genuine Nintendo magic sprinkled throughout. They’ve gone from being the developer remembered for Metroid Prime Federation Force to Nintendo’s new Rare with this.

I've rated them since well before then, as Nintendo did; Mario Smash Football on the GameCube was a polished treasure. I just have a little back and forth injoke going on with Keyboard Koala as historically he's been less generous toward them. 

Punch Out was quietly brilliant, too.

Started playing through this with my wife last night. It’s absolutely lovely: full of charm, and a joy to play. The intro had us laughing throughout ^_^

Nintendo are knocking it out the park this gen.

• Upvote 2

A quick 30 mins before bed lasted 2+ hours and I’m blooming love this, esp Nintendo trolling themselves with the VB :lol:

Id worked out the alternate controls on l1 and r1 but not together so that’s a bonus.

• Upvote 1

Stuck and maybe because I don't have something yet. 

Floor 3 

Spoiler

So I've been in the gents and there's a pipe connecting the gents to the ladies. How do I use it? I've gotten gooigi under there and I can't gt up through a pipe either? 

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

Stuck and maybe because I don't have something yet. 

Floor 3 

Hide contents

So I've been in the gents and there's a pipe connecting the gents to the ladies. How do I use it? I've gotten gooigi under there and I can't gt up through a pipe either? 

i got stuck here too, its not story enabling, just for a gem

Spoiler

in the right side toilet you can see the floor grate in the mirror  (but not on the floor itself) - hit it with he dark light torch to show it up then goo fellah can fall thru it and go across to turn off the water, then he can go thru the vent in the wall to the left side bogs and get the gem (if I recall it correctly)

Spoiler

Ahhh, he can go through the hole in the wall can he? I was struggling with this. Was trying to get Gooigi to go up the pipe (this is in the mario universe after all), but he just wouldnt do it.