rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Happy Halloween

12 minutes ago, Strafe said:

How on earth does someone get negged for not having issues with the controls

Yeah, i was gonna mention that, but we all know what happens when you comment on your own negs.

This place is weird. I was thinking about negging the guy a few posts above, as he said the text was really easy to read. Try telling that to my blind grandmother, mate!

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Just got in from work and this is waiting for me courtesy of Shopto.

I haven't even had a "dispatched" email.

My email came within an hour of the Postie dropping it through the door. That's some service!

7 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Try telling that to my blind grandmother, mate!

It wouldn’t be hard to tell her unless she’s also deaf :unsure:

For being dismissive of the needs/preferences of others as a 'non-issue', which always winds me up, and then another for re-iterating that same 'I'm all right' position in light of Shoes' post regarding the needs of disabled gamers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was simply stating that people were worried it would be hard to control, due to the lack of invert. I am unable to play FPS or third person shooters if i dont invert the controls.

Personlly i dont have any trouble with this game. I am not belittling disabled people by stating this.

• Upvote 6

I’m one of the inverted Y axis guys too, it’s inpossible for me to play FPS and 3rd person games without inverted Y axis, but so far in LM3 I’m having little issues with the controls. As long as the camera stays fixed throughout the game, I should be fine.

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

For being dismissive of the needs/preferences of others as a 'non-issue', which always winds me up, and then another for re-iterating that same 'I'm all right' position in light of Shoes' post regarding the needs of disabled gamers.

I don't think there was that intent there. I take the point but it's not like he said 'anyone who can't control it is rubbish' or worse. And it was more a comment on the non inverted look which I would think is a personal preference rather than ability related.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I don't think there was that intent there. I take the point but it's not like he said 'anyone who can't control it is rubbish' or worse. And it was more a comment on the non inverted look which I would think is a personal preference rather than ability related.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

Its a shame you cant remap the controls as apparently the gamecube pad works really well on this, but you lose the blow function apparently.

Looking forward to playing this later.

7 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Its a shame you cant remap the controls as apparently the gamecube pad works really well on this, but you lose the blow function apparently.

Looking forward to playing this later.

I see an opportunity for a future Luigi’s Mansion game here:

El Casa de Luigi: Misión a Colombia - battle the ghost of Pablo Escobar in this crazy cocaine caper!

I fired it up for 5 minutes this morning and got as far as going to bed. There’s no option to play co-op in the menu so I assume this comes later? A pity as I was hoping to play it with a friend later tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Popo said:

I fired it up for 5 minutes this morning and got as far as going to bed. There’s no option to play co-op in the menu so I assume this comes later? A pity as I was hoping to play it with a friend later tonight. 

Yeah, you need to play the tutorial it seems. I've heard it can take a while to get the game actually going - but once the tutorial is done , co op is unlocked.

How to Play 2 Player Co-Op (Unlock Gooigi)

You can play (almost) the entire Luigi's Mansion 3 campaign co-op but first you need to unlock Gooigi. He's unlocked at the end of your first official set of objectives. This means after the Intro Walkthrough and after you retrieve E.Gadd's briefcase and bring it back to his lab.

After a brief tutorial on how to use Gooigi, you'll be ready to play co-op.

To play co-op hit the plus button > select "Co-Op" > select co-op (Again) > click in so that both controllers (or joycon) are detected and hit A. Just like that you're playing co-op!

To switch back to single-player simply press the plus button > select solo and repeat the steps.

44 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Yeah, that's fair enough.

I appreciate you thinking of me, Nequests :wub:

Someone saying 'controls are a non-issue' did gall me a bit, but posts are opinion after. Maybe it would have been clearer with 'for me' added, but that's a given on forums. Or it should be.

The controls being no less complex than the previous two games (and they really are. You won't notice unless your reflexes are degrading) isn't a get-out clause Games made today NEED to have accessibility in mind. This, and Zelda, completely disregarding this is pretty dreadful.

• Upvote 1

Control tip: The game tells you to use the A, X and Y buttons for the flash stun, dark light beam and plunger respectively but this leaves you unable to aim with the right stick at the same time.

What it doesn't explicitly make clear unless you look in the settings screen is that you can use RB for the flash stun, LB for plunger and RB+LB for the dark light beam. This means you can actually aim with the right stick while using these moves. Why they don't push the bumpers as the default for these moves is beyond me.

• Upvote 6

its such a nice change of pace to play this, so many games now are a million miles an hour and this rewards you for being thorough, patient and exploring with the toolset you've been given

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Shoes said:

Games made today NEED to have accessibility in mind. This, and Zelda, completely disregarding this is pretty dreadful.

I seem to recall Pokemon Let's Go being awful for this as well, with waggle required in docked and gyro aiming required in handheld. Absolutely no justification for this being forced on players, as traditional button inputs could've worked just as well.

I really love Nintendo but their stance on this stuff is shameful. They should be leading the way, really.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Control tip: The game tells you to use the A, X and Y buttons for the flash stun, dark light beam and plunger respectively but this leaves you unable to aim with the right stick at the same time.

What it doesn't explicitly make clear unless you look in the settings screen is that you can use RB for the flash stun, LB for plunger and RB+LB for the dark light beam. This means you can actually aim with the right stick while using these moves. Why they don't push the bumpers as the default for these moves is beyond me.

This has improved the game so much for me.