rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Happy Halloween

12 hours ago, carlospie said:

The streamer kept trying to fire plungers at stuff but they ended up going all over the shop and constantly missed what they were aiming for .

They must have been doing something very wrong because the plunger actually soft-locks onto stuff you can fire it at, plus you strafe when you're aiming the plunger anyway so there would be no reason to keep losing sight of anything. It's perfectly straightforward to hit pretty much whatever you want.

This is more enjoyable than I was expecting so far. I thought it would be a case of diminishing returns but it could go on to be my favourite in the series. Luigi and the ghosts have so much character and the visuals and sound are spot on. The familiar gameplay should feel a little stale by now but it doesn’t. If there’s one trivial complaint it’s that Professor E. Gadd is an impatient sort who keeps telling me to get a move on and that I don’t need to check every room on the floor. I might not need to but I want to.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Will i be able to download this after midnight as i reckon some work lunch time gaming could be good

It unlocks at midnight but if you buy it now you can download it straight away.

6 minutes ago, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Will i be able to download this after midnight as i reckon some work lunch time gaming could be good

If you preorder it on the eshop or buy a code from CDKeys you can preload it now.

On 29/10/2019 at 17:13, MattyP said:

Just got my code issued from CD-,Keys and the game is downloading whist I type 

For those wondering you do also get the 250 bonus coins from Nintendo too (worth £5 apparently) so worth ordering through CD keys rather than the official Nintendo store.

*Edit you get 250 coins and these are worth a penny each so £2.50. Apologies for the misprice I read somewhere they were worth £5. Seem to have £3.31 in my Nintendo bank account at the moment so still a nice bonus....

I think but I'm not 100% sure that you will receive an additional 250 coins within the next 7 days as part of the promotion.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

This is more enjoyable than I was expecting so far. I thought it would be a case of diminishing returns but it could go on to be my favourite in the series. Luigi and the ghosts have so much character and the visuals and sound are spot on. The familiar gameplay should feel a little stale by now but it doesn’t. If there’s one trivial complaint it’s that Professor E. Gadd is an impatient sort who keeps telling me to get a move on and that I don’t need to check every room on the floor. I might not need to but I want to.

Pretty much exactly this. I only played the first game and skipped the second so I don't know exactly what's new in this one but it definitely doesn't have the 'beautiful and atmospheric tech demo' vibes the first game often had, much as I have fond memories of it. It certainly has the same amount of character though.

Agreed E.Gadd needs to shut up but am hoping it's an early game thing and he'll become less intrusive later on.

From what I understand the first few hours are very reminiscent of the earlier games settings-wise but then it really starts stretching its legs and evolving beyond that.

How does coop work, and is it available from the off? My first chance to play will probably be tomorrow night when I’m with a friend and it would be good to stick it on and have a squizz on it together. 

17 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Luigi's hands look a bit odd.

Larger than I remember from other games.

Just wondering who the fuck notices this? Is this a fetish? 

Maybe the ghost hoover is more advanced and smaller making the hands appear bigger?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Just wondering who the fuck notices this? Is this a fetish? 

Maybe the ghost hoover is more advanced and smaller making the hands appear bigger?

I'm right at the start.

He picked up a torch and I just thought "Blimey Charlie!"

• Upvote 1

Hackers have discovered Luigi's Mansion 1 had the same 2 player mechanic as LM3 with Gooigi.

This has laid dormant for 18 years!

Hoorah for hackers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, momomo said:

Hackers have discovered Luigi's Mansion 1 had the same 2 player mechanic as LM3 with Gooigi.

This has laid dormant for 18 years!

Hoorah for hackers

That’s amazing the game can display two play fields at the same time as even at launch Luigis Mansion really looked like it was pushing the GameCube, clearly not!

Your post has reminded me that LM started off as a 3d experimental game for the GC before they used the tech years later for the 3ds, so it is perhaps unsurprising that the GC can render the environments twice. 

Can only speak for docked but the text size is absolutely fine, can't imagine it being a problem undocked either.

Speaking of docked, I think this is the nicest looking Switch game I've seen on a 4K TV. The image quality is a tad soft but it has little to none of the aliasing issues that even most Nintendo first party software has. Visually it's just really solid and lovely.

28 minutes ago, Hexx said:

How’s the menu/text size on this? 
Particularly undocked?

It’s fine, all text are massive and easilly readable on the small screen.

13 minutes ago, Majora said:

Can only speak for docked but the text size is absolutely fine, can't imagine it being a problem undocked either.

Speaking of docked, I think this is the nicest looking Switch game I've seen on a 4K TV. The image quality is a tad soft but it has little to none of the aliasing issues that even most Nintendo first party software has. Visually it's just really solid and lovely.

So this may be the clincher in buying it tonight however I always invert Y and literally am unable to play anything fp if it isn't. 

Granted this isn't fp. But is it tolerable? 

I found the intro a little stodgy, unskippable cut scenes, exploring empty rooms for no real purpose, it takes a little while to get the tools in your hands and let you start to explore properly.

Once it does it's really good, look amazing and no problems with the controls for me, took me about 45m though to feel like I was allowed to play the game.

19 minutes ago, cassidy said:

So this may be the clincher in buying it tonight however I always invert Y and literally am unable to play anything fp if it isn't. 

Granted this isn't fp. But is it tolerable? 

I mentioned this above but I always invert Y and am finding this totally fine. Partly because it's quite slow paced but mainly because the camera isn't placed behind Luigi. I'm one of those who inverts Y because I imagine I'm physically controlling the camera but because the game takes place from a fixed perspective and Luigi is usually side-on to the player I find it much easier to lose that invert reflex. Not 100% of the time but it's completely playable for me, especially since quick reflexes aren't particularly necessary.

10 hours ago, cohen205 said:

I am only quite early in, but I’ve not encountered anything I was unable to do in the other 2 games. The hook shot also has a very generous auto aim. 

How on earth does someone get negged for not having issues with the controls

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1