rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Happy Halloween

Has anyone found any rare ghosts? I have none in my gallery so I'm guessing I might have to wait until after I've finished the campaign? 

Just finished up on this! Really enjoyed it although as usual there was a difficulty hike on final two bosses.... Not sure what it actually means but got a grade "c" on the finish screen guessing this is due to the fact I didn't target all the hidden and collectable objects (just the more obvious ones I guess). Although I did spend around 20 hours on it. Think its the best game I have played this year.... although to be fair only played a handful but not many to completion... 

I got a C grade too. It was such a small addition to the final screen with no previous mention of it and no explanation about how I’d been graded that I didn’t care and won’t be going back to better it.

• Upvote 1

I’m liking this more and more as I progress and starting to find Boos and sneaky gems I missed on first wander round a floor. The animation, sound and design is incredible too. Think I’ll go back and play LM2 again afterwards. 

On 03/11/2019 at 23:33, bear said:

Second basement level spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck whoever designed the controls on that gooddamn duck. 

I literally went from loving this game to hating it now.

EdIt -  Ok, so I exaggerated, but extreme frustration set in I did it eventually, but my god how bad are those controls!

11 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I literally went from loving this game to hating it now.

EdIt -  Ok, so I exaggerated, but extreme frustration set in I did it eventually, but my god how bad are those controls!

:D aye it's an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure had a few moments myself at times especially trying were firing bombs at things sometimes... Hey ho the good outweighs the bad fortunately! :)

• Upvote 1

The level of creativity on this is pretty high. Each floor really throws something new at you.

The garden floor also looks incredible in every room. 

• Upvote 1

They kind of give up on pretending that the later floors could possibly have any place in a hotel. Not that it matters of course, but the game really could be set anywhere to the point where you wonder why they felt the need to enclose it in a building at all.

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

How do you actually find the Boo's - I know the goo machine vibrates but then what?

Search for them in bins, drawers, etc. a few times, then they'll be out in the open. Use the dark light to find them. Remember, they only take residence on a floor after it has been completed. [/spolier]

Edited by shirubagan
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Hide contents

Search for them in bins, drawers, etc. a few times, then they'll be out in the open. Use the dark light to find them. Remember, they only take resident on a floor after it has been completed. [/spolier]

Gotcha - cheers

Paranormal productions was a bit of a pain in the ass. Spent a while trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing ,

Spoiler

kept trying to use a helmet for collecting water as I totally missed the bucket.

Kitty though... I've done some of it I'll finish it another day. I love the idea of the level but it's frustrating.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Paranormal productions was a bit of a pain in the ass. Spent a while trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing ,

Hide contents

kept trying to use a helmet for collecting water as I totally missed the bucket.

Kitty though... I've done some of it I'll finish it another day. I love the idea of the level but it's frustrating.

Spoiler

You used the bucket? I used the bottle top from the scene with the big spider!!!

10 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Reveal hidden contents

You used the bucket? I used the bottle top from the scene with the big spider!!!

Didn't realize you could use more than one item. I spent far to long using a helmet from the second movie stage..

3 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I thought that floor was superb and a nice change of pace after the garden. Was really unclear what you had to do with Kitty, which frustrated me.

Yeah i thought it was good generally, just a bit confusing at first. 

Was told that it's left up to you whether to 

Spoiler

battle the director or not. I let him be...

28 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Yeah i thought it was good generally, just a bit confusing at first. 

Was told that it's left up to you whether to 

Reveal hidden contents

battle the director or not. I let him be...

Spoiler

I vacuumed him up but felt rather bad about it. Not for long but there was a moment or two of regret there.

3 hours ago, Strafe said:

Reveal hidden contents

I vacuumed him up but felt rather bad about it. Not for long but there was a moment or two of regret there.

:lol: same!

The next floor is great. The game is definitely ramping up the ideas now 

Right at the end of this. I think it's fucking superb. Boss fights are amazing, exploration with the playful investigation and interaction is aces, it looks and sounds as good as almost anything ever made, it's frequently laugh out load funny, and spot on difficulty wise. Was pretty disappointed with the way Yoshi turned out earlier this year, and was mildly concerned about this , but these lot have upped their game. From about halfway I couldn't wait to find out what was waiting on the next floor and I don't really want it to end. The Pikmin 3 of the Luigi's Mansions.

I finished this yesterday and I must admit I loved it. I really hope we’ll see another sequel on the Switch or a DLC at the very least as this game had me smiling from start to finish. Most likely my goty.

• Upvote 1

For those interested digital foundry have produced a tech breakdown on this 

Amazing what has been achieved with the hardware.....

Just finished this - really enjoyed it for the most part but felt like it tailed off a little at the end, or maybe I was just getting a little tired of it. Across the series I do feel like they've probably exhausted every single thing you can possibly do with sucking and blowing so I'm not sure I'd be up for another unless they radically overhauled what a Luigi's Mansion game is.

It was still a damn good time for the most part though, occasional frustrations with aiming, awkward perspectives, the cat sections and that bloody heartbeat noise when you hit 19 health which is worth docking an entire mark from the score alone.

• Upvote 2

I also completed it today and loved it. Some really good boss fights in there, although the last one was slightly disappointing. 

Highlight for me was the:

Spoiler

Night club level boss. Loved the little dancing ghosts in hoodies. Also loved the shark boss on the pirate level.

As mentioned above, I don’t know where they could go from here after exhausting most gameplay options with a vacuum cleaner. It has taken 20 years to get to the third game though, so they haven’t exactly milked the franchise.

Would have loved a couple more sections:

Spoiler

With the plug that powers up the poltergust so it pulls down the whole room.

All in all, a lovely little game.

I too have completed it now. I might go back at a later date and collect all the other ghosts etc - Maybe next Halloween :D 

I did enjoy it, there is some great little touches in it, too many to mention. I did get a bit frustrated with some of the bosses though, but over all it was a charming game.

Spoiler

I loved the little cartoon drawings at the end credits

I swear I was seconds away from launching the Switch out of the window during that fucking duck boat level, some spawn of the darkest hell designed that.

Back to the good stuff on floor 10 now!