rllmuk
Vorgot

Things you found out about a game late on

Indeed. There’s a boss in FFXII with 50 million HP who takes about four hours to kill, can’t imagine that flying now.

41 minutes ago, Strafe said:

But you worked out that the signals increased in intensity if you went in a direction but still thought it was random?

No there's a number for distance that goes up or down, but also a more visual indicator behind the numbers. It was the visual indicator that I thought was just random/artistic. 

41 minutes ago, Strafe said:

But you worked out that the signals increased in intensity if you went in a direction but still thought it was random?

No there's a number for distance that goes up or down, but also a more visual indicator behind the numbers. It was the visual indicator that I thought was just random/artistic. 

This doesn’t totally fit the topic, but the first time I played Portal, when the platform started going into the furnace I thought it was just a scripted death and didn’t bother doing anything. Thought it was a bit of anticlimax. Then my friend who was watching me play said “er, do you wanna try and escape maybe...?”

• Upvote 4

On 6 June 2019 at 01:24, MarkN said:

I somehow managed to forget that fruit items stack in inventories in Animal Crossing when I got hold of New Leaf. Spent ages running back to Tom Nook with a full inventory of single apples/oranges until I tried stacking them manually. (It's a horrible design decision that the game never tells you this, and picks them up into separate slots - teaching you that they don't stack, when in fact they do).

I had no idea you could do this!!

There was a boss in FF7 that could be killed in one hit with a Phoenix down. Only discovered that after multiple attempts myself before a friend told me about it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, womblingfree said:

75 hours to complete FFVII.

Vincent? Who’s that? :doh:

I had a near miss with something similar in FFVI. Forgotten the name of the character but it was one of the hard to find ones. Think he was some kind of merchant and it involved finding and defeating a certain creature (I want o say giant dune-esque worm enemy) to get him. 

@Thread Astaire didn’t know that you could press square on PS4 GTA Online to change your equipped weapon while driving, so if he wanted to switch from pistol to stickies while driving he’d pull over, get out, switch weapons with the weapon wheel and get back in :lol:

Love you buddy

• Upvote 2