Love Island

samthefootball

Yeah spot on, and shows how decent a person Hugo is that he didn't even mention it. I hope the mix it up a bit it's almost all generic blondes at the minute. A 50s pin up style or rock type lassy would blow them all out the water

2 minutes ago, McFly said:

Yeah spot on, and shows how decent a person Hugo is that he didn't even mention it. I hope the mix it up a bit it's almost all generic blondes at the minute. A 50s pin up style or rock type lassy would blow them all out the water

Agree that they need to mix it up a bit, stick a dark haired girl with tattoos in for the win. 

I was unfortunate enough to be in the same room as my stepdaughter when she was watching this. 

Honestly, it made me fucking ill. A mixture of cringe, rage and dumbfounded belief. It was only maybe 3 or 4 minutes but fucking hell, my depression kicked in big time. 

It's horrible. I don't know how any decent adult could watch it. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

I was unfortunate enough to be in the same room as my stepdaughter when she was watching this. 

Honestly, it made me fucking ill. A mixture of cringe, rage and dumbfounded belief. It was only maybe 3 or 4 minutes but fucking hell, my depression kicked in big time. 

It's horrible. I don't know how any decent adult could watch it. 

Alright Grandpa. 

4 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Alright Grandpa. 

I am a grandpa. 

Doesn't stop it being atrocious. :)

9 hours ago, Vespa Alex said:

I’ve never seen so much as a trailer for it. Can someone explain the premise?

Young people try and find love/more Instagram followers.

We laugh at them.

10 hours ago, Vespa Alex said:

I’ve never seen so much as a trailer for it. Can someone explain the premise?

Vacuous shaggers end up in a Big Brother style situation attempting to couple up with each other and stay together whilst new vacuous shaggers are rotated into the program to try and tempt them to split.

The last couple standing wins.

On 07/07/2021 at 19:09, iknowgungfu said:

Not sure Hugo deserved the grief for that game last night. There is a fair point to be made at not criticising someone for doing whatever they like with their own body. However, I don’t think he should be criticised if he finds it a turn off.  

I’m fairly certain Faye has talked about her perfect guy having a gym fit build, perfect teeth and a decent height…..struck me as a little hypocritical to be honest. 

My girlfriend pointed out that several of the girls were talking about guys having to have perfect teeth and be gym bunnies. Massive hypocrisy indeed! I like Faye, though - she's pretty funny when she's being acerbic with people and she doesn't take any shit. Brad is one of the thickest people ever (and his ability to seemingly change every vowel sound into a hard 'a' is just... baffling. None of my Geordie friends do that), but he's well out of there if he abandons Rachel (I've only just watched Tuesday's ep because of the footie on Tues/Weds, so have yet to see how the arrival of the new girls works out beyond Brad obviously being very interested in one of them). She takes everything the wrong way and is in no way 'chill'. She'd be a total nightmare in a relationship, I think.

Hugo is my fave. Hugo FTW. I hope he finds himself a decent girl - shame Chloe has no interest in him as he's too 'nice'. Which is a bad thing, apparently...

Liberty is absolutely going to have her heart broken at some point, and Jake is going to be number 1 UK villain for a week or two.

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

Vacuous shaggers end up in a Big Brother style situation attempting to couple up with each other and stay together whilst new vacuous shaggers are rotated into the program to try and tempt them to split.

You forgot people being devastated and crying after being dumped by someone they've known for 2 days.

14 hours ago, Isaac said:

Having watched Too Hot To Handle on Netflix (I know, I know) these seem like the least determined shaggers ever in comparison. Those people cannot go 20 minutes without doing something.

I’ve never watched more than an odd episode before this year but am watching it this year for some reason. So far it seems like half the time no one is really that into their partner until told that maybe they should “get to know other people”.

Not a fan of Faye at all. She hates bitchiness but seems the most in other people’s business.

Liam and Brad might be the dullest people on the planet. And Toby so stupid and emotionally stunted.

10 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Having watched Too Hot To Handle on Netflix (I know, I know) these seem like the least determined shaggers ever in comparison. Those people cannot go 20 minutes without doing something.

I mentioned it before, but Temptatuon Island (thinknits on All4, yuck, or Discovery + for some reason) is the shit, if you wanna see a program like this. Proper variety of people and plenty actual occurrences, not just sitting about.

10 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Not a fan of Faye at all. She hates bitchiness but seems the most in other people’s business.

She's going home Sunday I reckon.

4 hours ago, spork said:

I’m still mourning the loss of Chuggs 🥲

There was a guy called Chuggs? 

Did he go around masterbating all the time? 

*Maybe only my Scottish brethren will get this. :)

1 hour ago, Ry said:

There was a guy called Chuggs? 

Did he go around masterbating all the time? 

*Maybe only my Scottish brethren will get this. :)

:lol: I thought that too, I'm also a Scotch.

You've gotta approach Love Island as mindless entertainment before bed, rather than anything relatable to real life. Putting it bluntly, none of the contestants would ever shag me, and I don't get attached to them in any way at all. Basically Faye is clearly a nasty person but if you completely dissipate any kind of empathy and just watch her as if she's not really interacting with real people, she's hilarious. And that's what I want to see on TV.

I don't want to watch some bozo constantly talk about taking his relationship to the next level, but then doing absolutely nothing beyond having the exact same discussion two days later. Seriously, I thought I was watching Groundhog Day or that this calls for immediate discussion scene in Life Of Brian when watching Toby. Thankfully he's fucked Kaz off and hopefully she doesn't get dumped later (Not that anyone in the country will be watching it as it airs cos, you know, it's coming home!) cos she definitely has potential for solid entertainment, plus she's a babe.

As for Liberty, I hope Jake "mugs her off" because it will be good TV. When that Meghan was in it a few seasons back and went through shags like I go through dental floss, it was good TV. I want drama, I want fallings out, I want shagging, I want to be entertained. I don't want to watch boring happy and content "couples" talking about whether they will get on with eachothers family. The only pass recently was Paige (and Finn) because my god, something about her was just 11/10 gorgeous.

Also, anyone dumping Rachel is a certified moron. And Brad definitely qualifies for that certificate even without that cherry on top.

I saw people moaning about Aaron on Reddit for his reasons for not wanting to be with Sharon (she's so negative, and will likely be dumped soon unless they find some turbo toff tory cunt to come in) but he's probably my favourite Islander at the moment. Decent entertainment, no cringe, and potential to win. Plus:

Chloe confirmed for biggest snake!

First the antics with stealing Toby from Kaz, and then in Weds episode, blatantly deliberately misinterpreting something from Toby then sensationalising it, to create plausible pretext for future partner change, perhaps when Casa Amor is on.

She’s so obvious.

Yeah, she went from "fuming" to totally fine in 30s. At least he was being honest saying he didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation.

Lucinda staying is bad news for Brad, no way she waits for him.

12 hours ago, McFly said:

Also new guy will get booted.

Remember when that joinery programme got scrapped after one episode aired cos they’d inadvertently cast a massive racist as a contestant? He was identified as such by his white supremacist tattoos.

Well Love Island seem to have done the same. He was originally criticised for dropping the N word on Instagram but bow it’s been spotted that he has 13 and 28 tattooed on his hands. He claims they’re his and his mums lucky numbers, but they’ve also been adopted by neo nazi skinheads so, yeah, boot him off.

From Leigh as well. Dirty cunt.

Something approaching drama last night with Aaron and Danny, but as usual its all talk. Aaron was within his rights, it's a game after all. Though hes wasting his time with lucinda, she'll go with anyone just to stay in. Apparently she has a Brighton player boyfriend already at home, poor Brad not gonna be happy.

S’all about the money and followers!

Interesting to see Lucinda at the centre of it all - I guess the boys just can’t help themselves around living Bratz dolls with stupid voices

It's really just a big holiday this year, no excitement or anything at all. They should all be kicked off and get in 35 or overs, that'd be way better. People that are comfortable in themselves but verging on desperate.

Lucinda is pretty, but absolutely nothing else there at all. At least Faye has some personality