rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
samthefootball

Love Island

I'm clearly just a grumpy old git then!  The needless arguments and drama just annoy me.  Belle and Harley (thanks - forgot her name!) being obvious examples.  Just no need for such hysterical reactions.

Can't disagree about Michael - I'm not really sure what he was trying to do.  He should have just walked out when Joanna left - after that, he just seemed to go back on everything he's ever said since Casa Amor.  Strange bloke and you're right - he's not come out of it well at all.  I've disliked Amber ever since the beginning of the show but in fairness to her, she's coped with a lot of shit pretty well over the past few weeks.

I do enjoy the dramas of the social media reactions mind you - it's fucking Twitter, or a headline from The Sun!  What do they expect?

"I'm not annoyed, but...."

34 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I do enjoy the dramas of the social media reactions mind you - it's fucking Twitter, or a headline from The Sun!  What do they expect?

Just wait until the lie detector test! 

• Upvote 2

Its So scripted I’m mystified by some of these comments. Look at the multiple camera angles at each argument.. Needs a few takes to get the footage right <_<

90% of the drama is setup by the producers for ratings... They will probably manipulate who wins to then get the winners their own TV show.

45 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

Its So scripted I’m mystified by some of these comments. Look at the multiple camera angles at each argument.. 

I'm not saying you're entirely wrong but surely they have got multiple cameras trained on every spot of the villa which would explain how they can show different angles. 

• Upvote 2

Imagine if Anna and Jordan get kicked off now. Would be a travesty! The islanders haven't had to vote on who is the least compatible couple either so far. Boooo!

Well, this sounds like a quick way to kill a golden goose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49094565

Two series a year? I can see last year being the peak year for Love Island and diminishing returns from here on out. I can see a lot of people not bothering with the winter version and then also not bothering with the summer one as a result. 

Lots of people campaigning for real people to be on it in future, and for there to be no prize money too, instead of the current type of money hungry wannabes

It's a good thing Jordan and Anna have gone - they would have overshadowed everything else with their nonsense. And I'm pleased because my least favourite is finally out.

Gutted for Chris though, he seemed like a good bloke.

If Ovie doesn't win this, it'll be a travesty. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Triple A said:

Lots of people campaigning for real people to be on it in future, and for there to be no prize money too, instead of the current type of money hungry wannabes

The prize money bit doesn't make sense. Most of them don't care about the £50k as they make shitloads more from interviews, appearances, endorsements etc as long as they don't come out smelling of shit.

Anyway it's been a really weird series. For the first half the boys all seemed massively likeable compared to the girls, then they have imploded one by one pretty much. I like Ovie and it's a shame Chris has gone but I don't think his thing with Harley was real. Tommy and Molly are so boring it's unreal, they've just followed the Jack and Danni sappy blueprint to the point there isn't a viable contender to them. Curtis is a bit of a nutter.

Anyway the main thing is Anna has gone. So hypocritical moaning about never getting a nice guy when she passed one up two weeks ago. 

Can't believe it's the final tonight already. What are we all going to do at 9pm every night (not including Saturday)?

Tommy and Molly are surely going to win aren't they? Or do Amber and Ovie have enough about them to carry their partners to first place?

On 29/07/2019 at 13:34, spork said:

What are we all going to do at 9pm every night (not including Saturday)?

Get my evenings back.

For one thing, mid-week movies will return!

I always forget how anti climactic the final is. It completely changes the format of the show from us intimately following the islanders journeys over 8 weeks and shoves an audience in the villa and gets rid of all of the emotion.

Anton's eviction and even Michaels were a bit emotional, saying goodbye to these people we've been hanging out with everyday for a couple of months. Then you get to the final and it's all just a bit rubbish.

:mad:

• Upvote 1

Just caught up from yesterday. I don't even care that Greg and Amber might not last, Molly and Tommy have been shoved down our faces for so long I'm just so glad they didn't win. Might stop people playing it so safe in future. 

• Upvote 1

Amber seems like a really genuine lassy whose gorgeous and Greg seems pretty similar. Im glad they won. Tommy seems like a good guy too but Molly seems like she would latch onto whomever would help her become an "influencer". Yuck. 

Anna was queen bitch and a massive hypocrite and nobody seemed to call her on it. 

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell Love Island Australia is brilliant (ITVbe) - anyone else watching? Standard Love Island drama but with a brilliant Aussie lack of filter, this is how it should be. None of the stunted 'can I pull you for a chat' wooden conversation, power couples being hacked apart all over the shop, merciless dumpings and even girls coupling up with each other. 

Last year's was great too, they just seem to possess that ability to be an arsehole when the occasion calls that the British people can't.

• Upvote 2

I didn't see season 1 of the Australian version but enjoying 2. Our version has got abit formulaic and predictable. So this is kind of bonkers as Yobo says. The couples everyone thought were shoe ins to win all fall apart, seemingly not caring about winning or public perception. Some of the producer medling has been hilarious too. Waiting for all the original cast to get settled, then sending 5 new girls in at once. They bring in two new blokes when half the villa is fighting with each other and about 3 couples go up in flames that day. Cynthia might just be the nicest person to ever appear on Love Island as well.

Last year's was brilliant. Some absolute scrotes on show, of the final two couples only Tayla came out with any dignity. Eden and Erin are two of the biggest bullying cunts ever seen on this programme. 

Plus the most petty (/brilliant) moment in the history of Love Island - Cassidy and Grant coupled up very early and looked to be a power couple, however Grant's head was turned by Tayla and Cassidy was hilariously bitter about it the entire series. The result was that at one of the final recouplings she picked Grant just to throw a spanner in the works and so they'd have to sleep outside. 

(Grant was actually a bit of a bellend but this had the effect of swinging the public in his favour and he and Tayla eventually won. Then as soon as they left the villa it was revealed he had a girlfriend and was just in it for the fame. Standard.) 

I've found the whole first season on a snide streaming site so I'll give it a watch. I have heard about Eden and Erin before. They sound rather dysfunctional to say the least.

Did you watch the US version? I gave it a try but its very tame as its on a major network there. Half the cast seem to be playing it like Survivor or their BB going on about tactics and strategys too. Lacks Eoghan McDermotts constant piss taking commentry as well. I gave up on it in the end.

Oh sorry, didn't mean to spoil it. Nah the US version is a step too far for me. After seeing what they did to Ex On The Beach (I know, sorry) I'm sure they have ruined everything that makes it compelling trash TV. 

21 hours ago, McFly said:

EOTB USA is fucking dreadful. If you want a real freakshow check The Challenge: war of the worlds.

I watched a few episodes yesterday of last years Challenge where all the Brits turn up. Its been 10 years since I've seen this show and the American team is basically the same dickheads who always used to be on it back then. Wes, CT, Jonny, Nany etc. The "rookies" ie all the British roidheads are slapping them all over the place. In classic Challenge fashion they seem to be giving everyone unlimited booze,  so its constant fighting when there not doing a game too.

Its really weird watching people of Love Island, Geordie Shore, EOTB etc interact with the American cast, its like the Infinity War of trashy MTV reality tv shows. Thanks for the recommend.