rllmuk
Tomdominer

Turn your PlayStation Classic into a fantastic emulation machine

Try to stick to usb 2.0. They have a lower power draw than usb3.0 drives. I use a sandisk cruzer fit 64GB usb 2.0. Works lovely. 

If you’re feeling adventurous you can use bleemsync 1.0.1 to install ftp access and change the internal games to good/NTSC versions.  

I have a couple of drives, ranging from 4 to 32 GB that I'm going to try. If not, I'll grab one of the ones in the first post.

I wonder if there's a shortcut to the credits in FFVII? Would be nice to make my kids think their dad is famous...

Going to have decide what I'm using this for. I've got a PSTV which is great for most my emulation needs.

I might both change the internal games to make it a perfect 20 games PS Classic (for non-analog games) and setup a USB with autoboot Retroarch for Sega games (which would benefit from a 6 button Retrobit controller)

On 09/07/2019 at 20:58, Dudley said:

fwiw, the recommended 128gb Samsung has been rock solid on mine.

How many games are on it?

I started having boot-up problems when i put about 20 games on my (admittedly cheapo) 2.0 usb stick.

21 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I have a couple of drives, ranging from 4 to 32 GB that I'm going to try. If not, I'll grab one of the ones in the first post.

I wonder if there's a shortcut to the credits in FFVII? Would be nice to make my kids think their dad is famous...

You are in the FF VII credits?

Another question: I tried to copy the contents of my failing bleemsync usb stick to another one, but some files got corrupted, rendering it useless. Do I just format the usb stick and start all over, or is that stick permanently linked to my ps classic ans I need to do something with the ps classic as well, before I can use bleemsync on it again?

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Another question: I tried to copy the contents of my failing bleemsync usb stick to another one, but some files got corrupted, rendering it useless. Do I just format the usb stick and start all over, or is that stick permanently linked to my ps classic ans I need to do something with the ps classic as well, before I can use bleemsync on it again?

Just format it normally. There’s no linking. The exploit runs solely off the stick. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

You are in the FF VII credits?

Yup. And Gran Turismo. And Crash Bandicoot. And certain versions of Tetris (my only producer credit). And a whole bunch of games you've probably never heard of. 

• Upvote 3

A bit before my time, that. I worked in games from towards the end of the 16 bit generation (1993) up to the sixth generation and into mobile phone games becoming a thing (2004). The big name stuff - FFVII and Gran Turismo - was just doing the QA on the PAL versions for Sony.

Ok, I really don't understand this anymore:

I got a PS classic and a 2.0USB stick (EMTEC C410 32Gb) a few days ago. I uploaded Bleemsync, and it worked fine. But when I had added around 20 odd games to the stick, I started having problems. Games would crash often en repeatedly. So, I formatted the USB stick, and initialized the console, starting from scratch, but now nothing seems to install Bleemsync anymore. Well, I can install Bleemsync alright, but when I add the update LBOOT.EPB, it starts failing. The update is supposedly uploaded, but after that Bleemsync always makes the console shut down during the initialization. I managed to get it working once, but then it started crashing again, and since then I've never been able to use it again. Is my USB stick to blame, and do I really need one of the recommended ones, or is something else causing this problem?

It's weird that it did work initially.

EDIT: Turns out you really, really, REALLY need a low-voltage USB stick. -_-

Quick question here. Seems like some multidisc games have problems running proprely in Bleemsync, but when I remove the m3u file from the game directory they load up just fine.

Will removing that file cause any troubles later on?

It should be noted (if its been missed) that if you do the OTG mod to your classic (which is a software mod) you don't need to do the power mod and any power level USB stick will work from the rear port with an OTG adaptor and you get the added benefit of also freeing up both front ports for your console.

That said, you do need a low voltage USB stick to do the mod in the first place...

Well, I went and did it - feels great to have a short list of classics:

CoklKNM.jpg

My 20 currently are:

R-Type Delta
Omega Boost
Einhander
Final Fantasy VII
Breath of Fire III
Vandal Hearts
Policenauts
Metal Gear Solid
Klonoa
Tomba!
Silent Bomber
Resident Evil
Bushido Blade
No One Can Stop Mr Domino!
Um Jammer Lammy
Bishi Bashi Special
Ridge Racer Type 4
Soul Blade
Super Puzzle Fighter II
Vagrant Story

However, I'm very tempted to drop FF7 to create room for Wipeout 2097, Symphony of the Night, Crash Team Racing and Alundra.

Also would like the full Parappa, Lammy, Vibri but I was having huge timing issues with Um Jammer Lammy so maybe best to drop them all.

• Upvote 2

Had a bit of an episode just now after buying a PS1 Classic for 25 bones. I found myself throwing a Snes mini and Nes mini in with it at the checkout. I'll be back in here to mod the arse out of it once it's delivered.

Oh, and I can't do this mini console thing by half, I'll be getting the MD and PCE minis when they launch. What's that C64 one like*.

Lol.

*Scrap that, just bought one of them an all for £35.00. I was supposed to go on an expensive night out which got cancelled so I'm spending the money I've saved on some fun tech for the bedroom TV.

1 hour ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Well, I went and did it - feels great to have a short list of classics:

CoklKNM.jpg

My 20 currently are:

R-Type Delta
Omega Boost
Einhander
Final Fantasy VII
Breath of Fire III
Vandal Hearts
Policenauts
Metal Gear Solid
Klonoa
Tomba!
Silent Bomber
Resident Evil
Bushido Blade
No One Can Stop Mr Domino!
Um Jammer Lammy
Bishi Bashi Special
Ridge Racer Type 4
Soul Blade
Super Puzzle Fighter II
Vagrant Story

However, I'm very tempted to drop FF7 to create room for Wipeout 2097, Symphony of the Night, Crash Team Racing and Alundra.

Also would like the full Parappa, Lammy, Vibri but I was having huge timing issues with Um Jammer Lammy so maybe best to drop them all.

Where did you get your covers from? I’ve been using ones from Autobleem and they have a black PlayStation border down the side.