rllmuk
Tomdominer

Turn your PlayStation Classic into a fantastic emulation machine

Man; this is the gift that keeps on giving!

I only had a PSOne towards the end of its lifespan somewhere around 2001, on which I played not much more than 10 games (most of the classics really), so I keep discovering all these hidden gems I missed out on all those years ago.

Like Ghost In The Shell, which I never bought as I assumed it was a cheap anime tie-in. How wrong I was! Even now it still holds up as a rather unique and satisfying action game. If it's not on your PS classic yet, then it really should be.

Looking forward to spending some more time with this.

9453564F60E4432217D10A4EFC4158DD755B4226

Ah... remember THQ ?

• Upvote 1

Right so I'm a total novice when it comes to emulation but I've got retroarch installed and decided to try Jetpac via the Spectrum core. It shows the loading screen but the nothing. I thought I would try the C64 core to play Uridium and it just shows the c64 loading screen as well.

As there's only one core for each of the machines what am I doing wrong? I do want to play some Mame games but just know that's going to be a nightmare with so many cores to choose from.

I've taken my modding one step further with the internal titles and although not for the faint of heart it is possible to:

1) Change the internal emulator to either the Autobleem or Bleemsync version of PSCX Rearmed

2) Allow use of PBP files instead of BIN files allowing more games to fit on

3) Increase the number of internal games past 25 (this is really straightforward and just need to copy/paste/renumber the correct folder in /DATA folder (not the /GADATA folder)

I've done tinkering and I've got 28 games, sorted into release order. Now it definitely feels like a really good curated collection of classics and missed gems!

Ridge Racer    1994
In The Hunt    1995
Beyond the Beyond    1995
Bust A Move 2 Arcade Edition    1996
Wipeout 2097    1996
Resident Evil    1996
Vandal Hearts    1996
Soul Blade    1996
Super Puzzle Fighter    1996
Policenauts    1996
Breath of Fire III    1997
Klonoa    1997
Tomba!    1997
Bushido Blade    1997
Symphony of the Night    1997
Einhander    1997
Ghost In The Shell    1997
Ridge Racer Type 4    1998
R-Type Delta    1998
Metal Gear Solid    1998
No One Can Stop Mr Domino    1998
Crash Team Racing    1999
Omega Boost    1999
Silent Bomber    1999
Vib Ribbon    1999
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2    2000
Vagrant Story    2000
Bishi Bashi Special    2000

• Upvote 3

Another fan of bust a move 2 arcade edition i see. That was my first swap out. BA Toshinden stepped aside.

I haven't swapped my pcsx executable out yet, I was thinking of using the latest autobleem version for it.

Edit: Did you use the ntsc image for wipeout (Wipeout XL)? 

18 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Another fan of bust a move 2 arcade edition i see. That was my first swap out. BA Toshinden stepped aside.

I haven't swapped my pcsx executable out yet, I was thinking of using the latest autobleem version for it.

Edit: Did you use the ntsc image for wipeout (Wipeout XL)? 

Yeah - it's excellent! The puzzle mode is perfectly pitched in terms of difficulty and default continues and it has my favourite soundtrack of the series.

I used Wipeout 2097 as I didn't know how much XL differs and my nostalgia doesn't want to see a different (crappier) logo!

Ialso found that all the games with CD Audio (Wipeout, Vib Ribbon, Ridge Racer, Bust a Move) only really work properly as BIN/CUE and the PBP files have missing/skipping audio.

The biggest reason for updating the emulator was to stop the crackling audio and I'm happy with the results. I followed a process on Reddit (which includes installing an intercept patch which allows all sorts of clever things) I'll share if you like?

• Upvote 1

Ah. I’ve read about the intercept patch. That might be a bit too far for my needs. My plan is to swap out the last few games on mine and then copy over the latest Autobleem executable. I need to decide what to swap Tom Clancy and Syphon Filter our for. I think Silent Hill may be one of them. 

1 hour ago, MW_Jimmy said:

The biggest reason for updating the emulator was to stop the crackling audio and I'm happy with the results. I followed a process on Reddit (which includes installing an intercept patch which allows all sorts of clever things) I'll share if you like?

Yes please 

On 14/08/2019 at 19:02, MW_Jimmy said:

I've done tinkering and I've got 28 games, sorted into release order. Now it definitely feels like a really good curated collection of classics and missed gems!

Hide contents

[...]
Silent Bomber    1999
Vib Ribbon    1999
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2    2000
Vagrant Story    2000
Bishi Bashi Special    2000

Is Vib Ribbon still worth playing without the possibility to use your own cd's? 

On 11/08/2019 at 21:59, beakbeak said:

I was wondering if someone could check something out for me:

R-type delta constantly crashes in Bleemsync. I’ve tried a few ROMs. It happens the most when I choose the tentacle option and I’ve beaten level 1 and level 2 is about to start.

bit gutted as R-type delta is one of my favourite ps1 games 

Yup. It crashes on mine as well. Sometimes even during the demo.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Yup. It crashes on mine as well. Sometimes even during the demo.

Thanks for checking. I tried jap and us ROMs and also ran it through retroarch and it still crashed. Usually when not continuing 

So I seemed to have screwed up my machine. I was messing about and from the main game select screen in Bleemsync it started installing Bleemsync and now it no longer loads bleemsync or recognised the usb! Anyone able to help??