rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Horribleman

Lapis X Labyrinth

I'm loving this. 

It's like a cross between single player smash, diablo and a clicker. 

Sounds weird and it is. But it gets challenging and interesting pretty quickly. 

There's not much online about the systems and stuff but I'm enjoying playing it in a really vanilla way anyway. 

• Upvote 1

I really want to get this, but I have such a backlog already, so will wait for a sale. It looks so much joyful fun though. 

8 hours ago, bradigor said:

I really want to get this, but I have such a backlog already, so will wait for a sale. It looks so much joyful fun though. 

Yeah ditto. I have a hundred and one other things to play but was massively sold on this following then Jim Sterling video. It just looks amazing...

Yes, this is a lot of fun and my bullet hell shmup prediction kind of rings true. It gives you that sense of being visually overwhelmed and constantly overstimulated. That's basically all I'm looking for in games these days now that my attention span and dopamine reserves have been exhausted by Mushihimesama Futari and the like. It seems pretty simplistic at the moment but I expect the usual RPG party planning will come into it more and the button bashing just feels bloody good. 

On 05/06/2019 at 22:43, Stanshall said:

Yes, this is a lot of fun and my bullet hell shmup prediction kind of rings true. It gives you that sense of being visually overwhelmed and constantly overstimulated. That's basically all I'm looking for in games these days now that my attention span and dopamine reserves have been exhausted by Mushihimesama Futari and the like. It seems pretty simplistic at the moment but I expect the usual RPG party planning will come into it more and the button bashing just feels bloody good. 

Have you figured any tactics out? I'm training my attack as much as possible as it allows you to waste waves of enemies without getting hit very often and therefore results in rare drops more often. 

I'm wondering if there is any mileage in swapping characters in the middle of a battle. 

Still loving this. 

On 05/06/2019 at 22:43, Stanshall said:

Have you figured any tactics out? I'm training my attack as much as possible as it allows you to waste waves of enemies without getting hit very often and therefore results in rare drops more often. 

I'm wondering if there is any mileage in swapping characters in the middle of a battle. 

Still loving this. 

@Horribleman

Apologies for not replying sooner, I completely forgot but this is back in rotation and I wanted to resurrect the thread. I'm still just ploughing through picking the gear with the best base damage. I do swap characters occasionally because a couple have better aerial attacks if there are certain flying enemies or bosses, but generally I stick with my main.

It's a shame that this has been so overlooked, to be honest, because it's one of my favourite Switch games of the year. I vastly prefer it to Katana Zero, for example. It makes my brain constantly sizzle. It's like a more concise, cartoony, intense, fun Diablo. It's tight and refined and purified. The visual feedback on your every input is so satisfying and excessive.

If you read this, please do check it out because it deserves much more attention than many of the bigger name indies available on the Switch. It's pure feelgood gaming. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sane said:

Is it similar to Diablo in that there's a lot of 'end game content' like super hard difficulty modes etc.?

I'm not sure, to be honest, because I'm only around five hours into it, I think. It's not one that 'only starts at the endgame', though. I suspect it will have that kind of thing, though, because it seems like a genre staple. It feels more involved to me than Diablo, maybe because of the platforming. It's less automated. 

Having an OCD level of wanting physical releases of games I'm seriously weighing up the £25 eShop version against the £55 (:o) physical edition...

I bought this in the Switch E-shop sale and, though I've only played for about an hour, really enjoying the rather insane nature of it. And I'm still not entirely sure I know what's happening!

So many questions! How do I up my carry limit (or whatever it is)? If i try switching characters in battle instead they seem to do a massive load of hits to everyone on screen - what's that about? Are there good character combinations? ARGH!