rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

E3 2019 | Nintendo Tuesday June 11th 5:00PM BST

Catching up with some Treeshouse stuff and trailers - LM3 looks *amazing*... and Panzer Dragoon is a must buy too.

I'm still astonished at what they've done with Witcher 3.  

Can’t wait for Witcher. Bit of a broken record but these big, expansive experiences are what I love most of all about my Switch. Something I can spend time with and luxuriate in on the sofa, not worrying about TV time.

• Upvote 1

I'm still so busy playing Skyrim I've yet to get Dragon's Dogma... and I really need to go back to Dark Souls... but then I need to stop watching the Expanse.  

12 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Can’t wait for Witcher. Bit of a broken record but these big, expansive experiences are what I love most of all about my Switch. Something I can spend time with and luxuriate in on the sofa, not worrying about TV time.

exactly - 250+ hours on BOTW.  >100 hours on Xenoblade 2 and Skyrim.  The switch is perfect for these types of games.

• Upvote 2

Nintendogs

Pikmin

Star Fox

Pilot wings

Fit series

Sport series

Wave race

Mother

F zero

Wario

So many franchises to go back to, come on Nintendo get hiring developers.

• Upvote 1

Been pointed out a billion times before, but it's the lack of those Nintendo racers that's the killer. Star Fox, Wii Sports, Wario and Pikmin were all on the Wii U.

It's now 12 1/2 years since Excite Truck was released. 

Fucking hell, Wrexham were in the football league more recently than that.  :(

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

You’re holding out buying a switch because of their online system? 

No, just hoping they’d announce something better than the Dreamcast had back in 2001. 

• Upvote 1

Some gaming rag i follow on Facebook linked to an article of theirs covering the Switcher 3 reveal along with some more details. The comments on that link.....christ, and I thought this place was toxic. If it’s people like that who are seen as the average gamer for non-gamers, I will be a little more wary about telling people I’m a gamer.

8 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Some gaming rag i follow on Facebook linked to an article of theirs covering the Switcher 3 reveal along with some more details. The comments on that link.....christ, and I thought this place was toxic. If it’s people like that who are seen as the average gamer for non-gamers, I will be a little more wary about telling people I’m a gamer.

There’s a big ol’ shitshow on resetera too. For a place ostensibly ‘for gamers’ where gameplay rules all, they don’t half get upset about reasonably ‘compromised’ versions of fantastic games.

2 hours ago, scottcr said:

Catching up with some Treeshouse stuff and trailers - LM3 looks *amazing*... and Panzer Dragoon is a must buy too.

I'm still astonished at what they've done with Witcher 3.  

Is that just a trailer for Panzer Dragoon or is there a treehouse for it? I can't seem to find it.

A huge visual downgrade for The Witcher 3 doesn't bother me at all. Especially as I'd play it exclusively handheld. But the reactions of ResetERA are laughable, graphics are the king there. Whereas I'd rather play a well written game with boxes as the main graphics (Hell Thomas Was Alone) than something that looks amazing but plays a bit rubbish (oh hello there The Order).

The Witcher 3 does look worse visually than it's counterparts, but it still looks pretty good to me.

It looks fucking incredible. I'm just as impressed with it as the other versions, more so even due to what it's running on. Witcher 3 on a handheld, that's impressive. We need more of this from third parties.

14 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It looks fucking incredible. I'm just as impressed with it as the other versions, more so even due to what it's running on. Witcher 3 on a handheld, that's impressive. We need more of this from third parties.

Plus if rumors are true of a more powerful switch revision, it should look even better.

38 minutes ago, bradigor said:

A huge visual downgrade for The Witcher 3 doesn't bother me at all. Especially as I'd play it exclusively handheld. But the reactions of ResetERA are laughable, graphics are the king there. Whereas I'd rather play a well written game with boxes as the main graphics (Hell Thomas Was Alone) than something that looks amazing but plays a bit rubbish (oh hello there The Order).

The Witcher 3 does look worse visually than it's counterparts, but it still looks pretty good to me.

I never played Witcher and I can't wait, though don't you need to play the previous games too?. As for graphics I don't mind either, as long as its not broken. It looked decent enough in my opinion but I'm not a huge graphics whore but more a stylised kind of guy.

I played Doom and Wolfenstein to completion (and in Wolfenstein's case - much further beyond)... yes, there's a graphical downgrade.  But provided it moves slickly enough then it's fine.  A nice solid 30fps is absolutely fine for a game like W3.  Even the PS4 version didn't maintain that afaik - it would dip a bit when walking around a busy town, but that's fine as well.  

Well looking forward to this... stopped on PS4 mainly because I could only play it in another room where I had to sit really close to the screen in order to use the menus and read the hud.  Couldn't play in any of my regular big telly console locations.  So it became a total ballache.  

Some of the reactions over there are just laughable - people going on about the resolution being 'terrible' and 'would make me ill', 'unplayable'.  Huh - wonder how on earth they managed with pretty much every generation up until this one then. Technical analysis has created an odd bunch of game snobs that forget just what we used to play and marvel at.

Also, this is running on something the size of, literally, a DVD case. That's not 'weak' hardware, it's incredibly impressive stuff. Obviously it's not going to match a high-end PC, but nobody bought a Switch expecting it to. But then, surely nobody bought a Switch expecting to get The Witcher like this either!

• Upvote 2

About those long-rumoured new Switch models:

In March, the Wall Street Journal reported that Nintendo is planning to release two new Switch models this year.

The publication has now followed this up with another report on the subject. The WSJ reporter in question is Takashi Mochizuki, who has a pretty good track record when it comes to Nintendo stuff; nonetheless, this is still a rumor – so take reports like this with a grain of salt.

Mochizuki says that Nintendo has started shifting part of its Nintendo Switch production from China to Southeast Asia. The reason for that lies in the current trade conflict between China and the US, and by moving production to other countries, Nintendo hopes to limit the impact of possible US tariffs on electronics manufactured in China. Mochizuki’s sources are “people who work on Nintendo’s supply chain”. Those same people are also saying that, other than the current model, production for the two rumored Switch revisions has started in Southeast Asia, suggesting that Nintendo is planning to announce them soon (!!) No specific numbers were given, but supposedly Nintendo plans to produce enough units to sell them in the US.

As for the two new Switch models themselves, Mochizuki reiterated that “one is set to look rather similar to the current model with beefed-up components, while the other is expected to be a less-expensive model with a new look.”

They'll just keep on saying it until it happens, then they can say they are right.

I mean, obviously an updated model will come out at some point - predicting that to happen, but not giving any specific info, is not an act of superior insider knowledge.

• Upvote 2

Trials of Mana (remake) gameplay on Treehouse now. Crazy that something this impressive comes so soon after the disrespect shown to Secret of Mana.