rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

E3 2019 | Nintendo Tuesday June 11th 5:00PM BST

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

What the chuffing effing fuck are Retro doing? 

Metroid?

I think we have to accept that whatever they were working on in the years following Tropical Freeze didn't work out.

• Upvote 1

Animal crossing looks gorgeous. I'm tempted to stop watching the stream because I want to play it and find out how nook is scamming me for myself. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ann coulter said:

Metroid?

I think we have to accept that whatever they were working on in the years following Tropical Freeze didn't work out.

Aye, and all that rubbish about MP Trilogy all but done and ready to go was just that, rubbish.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Panzer Dragoon remake

Interesting - I pegged it as a new PD, but you’re right, the scene shown was the water level from the original, wasn’t it?

M2 up to their old, sexy tricks again?

1 minute ago, b00dles said:

Animal crossing looks gorgeous. I'm tempted to stop watching the stream because I want to play it and find out how nook is scamming me for myself. 

I need a time machine.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Sitting round wanking.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bojangle said:

Nah.

Nowhere to be seen though, and with no other ports we know about now would have been a good time. I don't think it was ever in development.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Nowhere to be seen though, and with no other ports we know about now would have been a good time. I don't think it was ever in development.

I mean the guy even said right at the end "We've more stuff we're not showing yet". It's the Nintendo way, they save stuff for Directs throughout the year. It doesn't make any sense for them to release a Prime trilogy when 4 is currently an unknown amount of time way, they'll chuck it out when Prime 4 is locked down, otherwise what's the point? 

Also, they've been slated before for wasting E3 time on re-releases, so it makes sense they kept their own out of it this time imo.

Metroid Prime Trilogy's absence isn't surprising any more. The prolonged absence of Pikmin is more surprising to me. No Pikmin 4, and not even an easy port of Pikmin 3 - they ported practically every other first-party Wii U game, after all.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I mean the guy even said right at the end "We've more stuff we're not showing yet". It's the Nintendo way, they save stuff for Directs throughout the year. It doesn't make any sense for them to release a Prime trilogy when 4 is currently an unknown amount of time way, they'll chuck it out when Prime 4 is locked down, otherwise what's the point? 

Also, they've been slated before for wasting E3 time on re-releases, so it makes sense they kept their own out of it this time imo.

Maybe, they could be sitting on all sorts for all we know.

Luigi’s Mansion looked brilliant. Shame about the AC delay but at least they showed some gameplay and it looks amazing. Panzer Dragoon WTF! Also very happy with the Secret of Mana shadow drop, one of my all time favourites and I’ve never played the sequel. Astral Chain still looking nice and I’m not even a Zelda fan but Links Awakening looked gorgeous.

E3 saved in 45 minutes.

• Upvote 2

Links awakening looks nuts. I've played that one more than any of them and I can't wait to do it all again. 

Hooray for Nintendo actually making  fun gamey games and saving us from the dull shootymans! Even if it is remakes or updates, they do it bloody well and you're a silly person if there wasn't anything that didn't bring a smile to your face and want to play in that direct. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, b00dles said:

Links awakening looks nuts. I've played that one more than any of them and I can't wait to do it all again. 

Hooray for Nintendo actually making  fun gamey games and saving us from the dull shootymans! Even if it is remakes or updates, they do it bloody well and you're a silly person if there wasn't anything that didn't bring a smile to your face and want to play in that direct. 

My problem is I want them all.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

So we got:

Banjo Kazooie and DQ Guy in Smash

Links Awakening

Panzer Dragoon remake

Mana Collection

Astral Chain

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition

Alien: Isolation

Cadence of Hyrule

Luigi's Mansion 3

Dragon Quest XI: Definitive Edition

Daemon X Machina

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Dark Crystal Game

All coming out this year.

And:

Breath of the Wild 2

No More Heroes 3

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

All out next year and beyond, right?

That's a hell of a show. 

And Mario Maker 2 which you’ve missed off!

I literally just got home and caught up, that’s a lot of surpringly good announcements, the guy who said Nintendo would have the best conference because it’s not the end of their gen was right

• Upvote 2

Tsk. Amateurs on the direct didn't know about the quest to get the yoshi toy for the woman on koholint island and claiming it's new to see yoshi in zelda. 

Ethics in games journalism or something. :P

edit: Weird, they're now doing that actual quest too. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Same thing as Rare, looking around, wondering where all the talented staff members went. I think we can assume both software houses are pretty much dead. Even deader than the Waverace and F Zero franchises.

Direct overall was pretty good. Two Zelda's are obviously the big highlights and Panzer Dragoon. Some odd people seem to like AC and Smash so they got their fill too.

So, as expected, Nintendo were comfortably better than any other presentations at the conference. But then again, so was the wet fart I just did.

• Upvote 1

Just had the horrible realisation that the Mario and Sonic Olympic series is 12 years old. We are all very old. 

• Empathy 1

Retro are working on Metroid Prime 4 after Nintendo binned the original developer. We aren't going to see it for a while.

2 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Same thing as Rare, looking around, wondering where all the talented staff members went. I think we can assume both software houses are pretty much dead. Even deader than the Waverace and F Zero franchises.

Direct overall was pretty good. Two Zelda's are obviously the big highlights and Panzer Dragoon. Some odd people seem to like AC and Smash so they got their fill too.

So, as expected, Nintendo were comfortably better than any other presentations at the conference. But then again, so was the wet fart I just did.

Erm, no.