Jump to content
rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

E3 2019 | Nintendo Tuesday June 11th 5:00PM BST

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

What the chuffing effing fuck are Retro doing? 

 

Metroid?

 

I think we have to accept that whatever they were working on in the years following Tropical Freeze didn't work out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Animal crossing looks gorgeous. I'm tempted to stop watching the stream because I want to play it and find out how nook is scamming me for myself. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ann coulter said:

 

Metroid?

 

I think we have to accept that whatever they were working on in the years following Tropical Freeze didn't work out.

Aye, and all that rubbish about MP Trilogy all but done and ready to go was just that, rubbish.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Panzer Dragoon remake

 

Interesting - I pegged it as a new PD, but you’re right, the scene shown was the water level from the original, wasn’t it?

 

M2 up to their old, sexy tricks again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, b00dles said:

Animal crossing looks gorgeous. I'm tempted to stop watching the stream because I want to play it and find out how nook is scamming me for myself. 

 

I need a time machine.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

What the chuffing effing fuck are Retro doing? 

 

Sitting round wanking.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bojangle said:


Nah.

Nowhere to be seen though, and with no other ports we know about now would have been a good time. I don't think it was ever in development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Nowhere to be seen though, and with no other ports we know about now would have been a good time. I don't think it was ever in development.


I mean the guy even said right at the end "We've more stuff we're not showing yet". It's the Nintendo way, they save stuff for Directs throughout the year. It doesn't make any sense for them to release a Prime trilogy when 4 is currently an unknown amount of time way, they'll chuck it out when Prime 4 is locked down, otherwise what's the point? 

 

Also, they've been slated before for wasting E3 time on re-releases, so it makes sense they kept their own out of it this time imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metroid Prime Trilogy's absence isn't surprising any more. The prolonged absence of Pikmin is more surprising to me. No Pikmin 4, and not even an easy port of Pikmin 3 - they ported practically every other first-party Wii U game, after all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bojangle said:


I mean the guy even said right at the end "We've more stuff we're not showing yet". It's the Nintendo way, they save stuff for Directs throughout the year. It doesn't make any sense for them to release a Prime trilogy when 4 is currently an unknown amount of time way, they'll chuck it out when Prime 4 is locked down, otherwise what's the point? 

 

Also, they've been slated before for wasting E3 time on re-releases, so it makes sense they kept their own out of it this time imo.

Maybe, they could be sitting on all sorts for all we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luigi’s Mansion looked brilliant. Shame about the AC delay but at least they showed some gameplay and it looks amazing. Panzer Dragoon WTF! Also very happy with the Secret of Mana shadow drop, one of my all time favourites and I’ve never played the sequel. Astral Chain still looking nice and I’m not even a Zelda fan but Links Awakening looked gorgeous.

 

E3 saved in 45 minutes.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Links awakening looks nuts. I've played that one more than any of them and I can't wait to do it all again. 

 

Hooray for Nintendo actually making  fun gamey games and saving us from the dull shootymans! Even if it is remakes or updates, they do it bloody well and you're a silly person if there wasn't anything that didn't bring a smile to your face and want to play in that direct. 

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, b00dles said:

Links awakening looks nuts. I've played that one more than any of them and I can't wait to do it all again. 

 

Hooray for Nintendo actually making  fun gamey games and saving us from the dull shootymans! Even if it is remakes or updates, they do it bloody well and you're a silly person if there wasn't anything that didn't bring a smile to your face and want to play in that direct. 

My problem is I want them all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

So we got:

 

Banjo Kazooie and DQ Guy in Smash

Links Awakening

Panzer Dragoon remake

Mana Collection

Astral Chain

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition

Alien: Isolation

Cadence of Hyrule

Luigi's Mansion 3

Dragon Quest XI: Definitive Edition

Daemon X Machina

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Dark Crystal Game

 

 

All coming out this year.

 

And:

 

Breath of the Wild 2

No More Heroes 3

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

 

All out next year and beyond, right?

 

That's a hell of a show. 

 

And Mario Maker 2 which you’ve missed off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally just got home and caught up, that’s a lot of surpringly good announcements, the guy who said Nintendo would have the best conference because it’s not the end of their gen was right

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tsk. Amateurs on the direct didn't know about the quest to get the yoshi toy for the woman on koholint island and claiming it's new to see yoshi in zelda. 

 

Ethics in games journalism or something. :P

 

edit: Weird, they're now doing that actual quest too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

What the chuffing effing fuck are Retro doing? 

 

Same thing as Rare, looking around, wondering where all the talented staff members went. I think we can assume both software houses are pretty much dead. Even deader than the Waverace and F Zero franchises.

 

Direct overall was pretty good. Two Zelda's are obviously the big highlights and Panzer Dragoon. Some odd people seem to like AC and Smash so they got their fill too.

 

So, as expected, Nintendo were comfortably better than any other presentations at the conference. But then again, so was the wet fart I just did.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the horrible realisation that the Mario and Sonic Olympic series is 12 years old. We are all very old. 

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retro are working on Metroid Prime 4 after Nintendo binned the original developer. We aren't going to see it for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

 

Same thing as Rare, looking around, wondering where all the talented staff members went. I think we can assume both software houses are pretty much dead. Even deader than the Waverace and F Zero franchises.

 

Direct overall was pretty good. Two Zelda's are obviously the big highlights and Panzer Dragoon. Some odd people seem to like AC and Smash so they got their fill too.

 

So, as expected, Nintendo were comfortably better than any other presentations at the conference. But then again, so was the wet fart I just did.

Erm, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.