Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

4 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

But it's also coming out on current gen so how can it be next gen when people are saying that holds them back?

By doing did the sensible thing and using the new machines as the baseline and scale back for previous gen ( as per shadow of Mordor etc last gen ) . As opposed to 343 who used a OG Xbox as the baseline and scaled up . 

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

By doing did the sensible thing and using the new machines as the baseline and scale back for previous gen ( as per shadow of Mordor etc last gen ) . As opposed to 343 who used a OG Xbox as the baseline and scaled up . 

I find it extremely unlikely they've made a brand new game engine for next gen that scales back for last gen.

Loved modern warfare and felt it was a superb return to form in MP and rinsed it for the first 2 passes, then slacked off for the 3rd and havent played since April.

Black ops was great at the time but cant help feel this is another hollywood remake were they' ve lost all originality and are pandering to the fanbase, trying to rehash the glory days of the series.

If they start rattling on about 3 fucking lane maps then I'm out this year.

26 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I find it extremely unlikely they've made a brand new game engine for next gen that scales back for last gen.

Thats exactlly what they did.  The engine that MW used and Black Ops will use , was brand new last year and was designed for next gen machines

51 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

But the argument is that making it run on current gen is holding games back!

Only if you make sacrifices to

your new game for the current gen.  

going back to shadow of Mordor . It was a very poor version on 360/ps3 but great on PS4/bone. I.e. the  New version was the focus and sure , you got a version on the old

machines but it wasn’t very good . 

Even Cod has form with ghosts having a compromised online element vs the next gen consoles . 

So the cold War event came on againast night and I played through it with a friend, what a great experience. 

We then proceeded to keep playing it and spawn camp the end npc so people couldn't finish it. 

I initially felt bad but it's only what others did to us, plus it was hilarious. 

I ran the Cold War Event this afternoon too, didn’t realise it was available but just loaded up Warzone and jumped in.  Quite surprised as it was really enjoyable for what was essentially a interactive trailer for the new game.

Some people dropped in front of us and opened the bunker at the park. There's absolutely no way they could have been lucky enough to find a red keycard in there. How did they get into the bunker right from the beginning of the round?

A vid popped up on my insta feed showing the 'glitch', can't find it with a google.

The Park and other new bunkers have keypads, here's the codes.

Warzone Prison shack code - 72948531.

Warzone Farmland code - 49285163.

South Junkyard - 97264138.

North Junkyard - 87624851.

Park (nuke) - 60274513.

TV Station - 27495810.

• 4 weeks later...

The Broadcast map from the original MW is back. Loved this originally and was disappointed when it didn't (for some reason) make the cut for the recent MW Remastered game. 

I still find it amazing when I boot it up after every patch that they have near enough changed everything again for the sake of it, from small things like the unlock sound a Store pack makes when you unlock it (I only do the free ones!) and the new rolling backdrops and a new CGI trailer, and yet don't fix the fucking fan issue on the MP main screen. ^_^

Anyway for the original £35 I paid for the game, I'd never would have imagined still playing it every week since launch. The map roster now totals 47 different variants, that's pretty good going for value in my book. I've no idea what most of the unlock / battle pack / season thing is actually about, I've completely ignored it and I don't think I've missed out on any avantages, other than having a pink gun that fires purple trails maybe.

16 hours ago, Wallace said:

I'm addicted to Warzone at the moment. Anyone else regularly playing on Xbox, PC or Crossplay?

Same here and @Thread Astaire too.

Really good game, seems to just keep getting better as well. Haven't had a chicken dinner in a while but definitely up for more forum games if anyone fancies?

9 hours ago, smithstock said:

Same here and @Thread Astaire too.

Really good game, seems to just keep getting better as well. Haven't had a chicken dinner in a while but definitely up for more forum games if anyone fancies?

Whats your Activision ID? I'll ping you a friend request.

The 10 round mags for the as val is broken as well, if you use it you can fire through cover. There's a video of stone and aculite using it, and aculite fires through a row of garages, a pile of crates and a buy station to kill someone who wasn't visible. Multiplayer was infested with it last night and it wasn't much fun.

This feels more fucked now than ever, so many one shot kills going on its banal. Seems that shotguns can blow you away in a single shot from an impossible distance away now with pinpoint accuracy. 

When I mean pinpoint I mean run, jump, flick L2 in the vague random direction and press R2 to fire and you are dead. That and those fucking explosive shotgun rounds too, for fuck sakes. 

I had a really hard time with this last night. With the new bugged AR shooting through five walls, the new marksman rifle 1 shotting from several lightyears and the shotgun craze going on I wanted to uninstall forever. 

But I downloaded hundreds of GBs so I can't let it go just like that.