Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Badly misjudged corporate move. As if anyone believes Activision has a soul or anything approaching empathy. Just let people play the game and make their own minds up about current events.

Nothing more tacky or inauthentic as corporates jumping on the latest cause célèbre. Last month it was MeToo, before that LGBT, now it's this. Makes my skin crawl.

On 31/05/2020 at 20:17, Peb Kacharach said:

Great post @Parksey

To give more specific details: I played a few games of Shipment 24/7 yesterday, generally scoring around 9,000, 40-50 kills and a few kill streaks.

The first couple of games I cleared a load of challenges and progressed just under 1/3rd of a battle pass tier.

The last game I finished mid-table, the battle pass tier progressed maybe 1/5th of a tier. It was clear I'd have to be grinding for about an hour a tier basically.

And this in the most efficient, maximised mode during a double xp event. The idea of playing that mode for even 10 hours over a weekend just to unlock 10-15 tiers is ridiculous.

It is a con job.

I'm not sure if I'm just playing a lot more than you but I've always had about 10 days spare after completing the battlepass. This month I had a tonne of other stuff to do so I wasn't playing as much but I still cleared it a week ago. I'm obsessive about levelling the guns and unlocking camos so I'm not sure if that's where I'm getting more XP from, but I also have a spare class setup for completing the daily challenges. I load it up with the attachments and weapons needed for the daily, so they're normally done in 20 minutes. Warzone gives a tonne of battlepass XP every game, even if you stay out of the way of other players. Do you play much warzone? Is there a way of comparing time played? It might be interesting to compare.

EDIT : Just checked in the barracks and I have 11 days 33 minutes played, and 1983 games played.

Win loss ratio 1.42 (Team player!) KD 0.98 My KD has started going up since I finished damascus, so should be interesting to see how high it goes.

What's the rest of the game, outside of Warzone like? Me and a few friends have Warzone as our online game we play a couple of nights a week, and the guy I do the PSN account share with wants me to go halves on the currenrt £44.99 "sale" price.

I enjoyed the multiplayer during that free trial a month or so back, though it was manic and basically just killing and dying constantly. Heard the SP is good this year too, and there's co-op? Just have one eye on the fact it's June and that means there'll be another one coming in the autumn (oh joy). 

1 hour ago, Parksey said:

What's the rest of the game, outside of Warzone like? Me and a few friends have Warzone as our online game we play a couple of nights a week, and the guy I do the PSN account share with wants me to go halves on the currenrt £44.99 "sale" price.

I enjoyed the multiplayer during that free trial a month or so back, though it was manic and basically just killing and dying constantly. Heard the SP is good this year too, and there's co-op? Just have one eye on the fact it's June and that means there'll be another one coming in the autumn (oh joy). 

IMO for what it's worth - 

MP is maybe the best I've ever play of any COD. 

SP is fine at best. Short, too edge-lordy, mechanically a bit regressive... feels like the COD's of old from 10+ years ago. 

Coop not yet played so dunno.

2 hours ago, Parksey said:

MP: Brilliant. Some annoyances and a shit spawn system, but overall the best it's been since Black Ops 1

SP: Short. Knock it out in 4 hours. Brilliant. Enjoyed the whole ride.

Coop: Good, hard as fuck. You'll need a couple of runs through to find your strategy. Enjoyable though. 

There's also something exclusive in the co-op for PS4 users. Dunno what it is though, I'm on Xbox.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-06-10-infinity-ward-warns-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-season-4-download-is-going-to-be-large

Short version I think...Massive download, it will run and compress some shit, then only end up being 4GB extra space taken overall.

Hopefully "assets" that will be compressed won't be things that affect load times or pop up.

I think the update is going to take a few hours to download and apply!

Edit:

34.7GB – PlayStation 4
48.9GB – Xbox One
44.3GB – PC (F2P players)
49.7GB – PC(Premium players)

Source: 

https://gaminglyf.com/news/2020-06-10-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-season-4-to-launch-tomorrow

Some interesting updates, this caught my eye:

Lastly, Warzone Rumble Mode is a new Playlist addition where two teams of 50 players battle it out across Verdansk with "custom loadouts, vehicles, and quick respawns", likely to be popular as a quick break from the more intense, survival-focused firefights of Warzone's core battle royale modes. 

Can't help feeling the respawns are a mistake, should have been one and done. Otherwise it could well be too much like Battlefield. 

I loved the Custom Games on PUBG where it was 10 groups of 10 players and have always been surprised no one has really incorporated such a mode properly.  The experience of semi large groups in a Battle Royal setting completely changes tactics and approaches and frequently ended up with some great long lasting battles. 

Kicked the 40+Gb update off just now on my PC.  Only getting 100K/sec download (I have 100Meg from VM).  Blizzard says "we are aware of issues causing slow downloads"  Thanks guys.

1 minute ago, Valver said:

Kicked the 40+Gb update off just now on my PC.  Only getting 100K/sec download (I have 100Meg from VM).  Blizzard says "we are aware of issues causing slow downloads"  Thanks guys.

If you have a VPN service, turn it on and select any american site, then switch to americas on the region in the launcher.

6 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Been downloading the PC Warzone only update for nearly 5 hours now, Also on VM 100Mb. Changing region/using VPN has made no difference

Capture.JPG.bfeb6f202f94ca55ebeb993d52adcb27.JPG

Same - downloaded 2GB today since I work up for work in the morning!

13 hours in, still have 23gb left. It gets faster if you restart it, but soon slows down again....

Just saw this on Reddit and it worked

Try this, works for me.

Whilst downloading click pause, goto settings. Under network bandwidth in the 'latest updates' section change from 0 to 200 KB/s.

Resume download. Wait a few secs.

Dont need to pause again, go back into settings change the 200 back to 0 and hit done.

Your download speed should shoot upto circa your bandwidth limit.

Problem is you need to babysit this as every 10 to 15 mins it reverts back to a ridiculously slow speed and you need to repeat the process.

Virgin Media 350 on PC. I left battlenet running overnight and I noticed it had nearly downloaded by the time I finished my breakfast this morning. I think it took about 15 minutes. It hadn't started when I got up at about 7:20.

48 minutes ago, Strategos said:

13 hours in, still have 23gb left. It gets faster if you restart it, but soon slows down again....

Just saw this on Reddit and it worked

Tried this and it went up

Capture.JPG.821863b782536096935a22a199c78189.JPG

And as I'm typing this it's dropped down to half of that

Took me about 7 hours to update on Xbox. The new mode is fun but will probably get old quick, feels like the play area should be at least twice as big so you could move around a bit more.

Needless to say my update didn't take 3hr 39minutes as in the picture. In fact, when I went back to it, the XBox said it had stopped the installation and to try again when my 'Internet was faster', which is a new one on me. Let it finish overnight.

They are skanky fuckers arn't they. They know that anyone who's had free points must have 400 (i've not spent any). yet they only give you options for a 500 point pass - or an 1100 point pass. So you can't buy the Season pass and you can't buy a 1600 point pack.