Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Got my second win with @Dalvado and @Tetchy last night. Proper mad scramble chaos as we'd expect but still sweet nonetheless.

I'm running an M41 with thermal and other shit I can't remember, heartbeat sensor, Ghost, Cold Blooded. The heartbeat sensor pisses me off a bit because it's somewhat essential IMO, but fuck it. If it's there I'm gonna use it.

21 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Got my second win with @Dalvado and @Tetchy last night. Proper mad scramble chaos as we'd expect but still sweet nonetheless.

I'm running an M41 with thermal and other shit I can't remember, heartbeat sensor, Ghost, Cold Blooded. The heartbeat sensor pisses me off a bit because it's somewhat essential IMO, but fuck it. If it's there I'm gonna use it.

I'd love to play with more forumites as randoms are driving me insane - why join quads or trios if you are just going to run off solo, die, quit and repeat?! Whats the best way to group up? Add people as friends or join the regiment?

A friend and I won our first trio game last Friday (we just go out as a pair). Was the usual cat and mouse until about 8 mins in. Was a bit of a handbag fight at the end as I was trying to reload as the guy in front of me was using a health kit.

YT link kicks in before it goes loud. Bonus point for me being a tit and not realising I had no armour in my vest despite having plates to use.

1 hour ago, hmm said:

Ha, you came so close to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory there.

I know, I would have been punching the wall if i'd got downed right then.

Is it just for me that match making takes forever after the last patch? On PS4 with crossplay enabled. 

Quite often it fails to find any match, especially Ground War. 

5 minutes ago, koefoed said:

Is it just for me that match making takes forever after the last patch? On PS4 with crossplay enabled. 

I've had terrible lag and often end up on my own when trying quads or trios - it definitely doesn't seem as smooth or efficient as pre patch to me

I tried to get my dailes done at 7am this morning and it wouldn't find a match for love nor money. Then it told me my network wasn't good enough and I turned it off while telling it to get to fuck.

22 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

they have fuck all range though so it's fine.

It's not fine.

19 minutes ago, koefoed said:

Yeah same.

43 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Of course it’s fine, shotguns have no range but 1 hit, a magnum from six feet is perfectly fine, it’s all about balance, otherwise nobody would use them.

It's a secondary weapon you can equip without overkill though, which makes them a bit mad.

If anyone else is trying to unlock the new LMG but finding that it's not tracking correctly it's because YOU have to be near smoke when you kill someone. Not the enemy as the description of the challenge would have you believe.

20 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

If anyone else is trying to unlock the new LMG but finding that it's not tracking correctly it's because YOU have to be near smoke when you kill someone. Not the enemy as the description of the challenge would have you believe.

I have managed 5/15 on the challenge but I have no idea of what counts...googling it suggests all of the options: only you in smoke, only enemy in smoke or both you and the enemy must be in smoke! 

So from what you're saying, I'm better off popping a smoke by my feet and then getting kills whilst inside it? Enemies don't need to be in the smoke?

That's what I did yeah. LMG with a thermal, smoke at your feet, hit the deck and hope someone walks in front of you! Rinsed through it on shipment quickly enough although I felt dirty doing it.

3 minutes ago, AfromB said:

Is anyone else finding it a horrible laggy mess since the update?

Yep - been awful for me and it was great before I updated

I haven't tried today, but tried Thursday/Friday and the matchmaking is broken since the update. I was getting TDM games when my playlist had just FFA selected. The lobby would load, hang, and then crash out and start again. 

I can't be fucked to try and get in touch with them any more on Twitter (or whatever mechanism they chose to start up for the community, and then close down. The official forums where closed a couple of months ago as no one was listening). I've spent a while trying to get them to address the PS4 Pro Fan issue with the unlocked framerate in the menus since the Beta back in September and they don't give a shit. They reply with "clear your console cache", which is the software equivalent of replacing the thermal paste bullshit.

Got three old mates together for the first time in years to play this last night...absolute mess which ruined an evening. Laggy, audio would die (we were using crossplay chat) and matchmaking sometimes took 10 mins. We had one game where we were in the last 3 squads and one guy came into a house solo and then disappeared - when he reappeared 3 of us were suddenly dead and my mate panicked and lost the 1v1.

I'm completely naive about programming but given how few issues there were prior to the patch (for me at least) and that it's a patch, by nature you would assume most of the code would remain the same so I wonder how it's gone from excellent to a mess within a one week update. Also none of my challenges are tracking which is annoying as I'd spent some time trying to get the new LMG and then it just resets to 0 everytime I log in.

Rant over - great game, hope they fix it before it becomes too frustrating to go back to.

I haven't seen many problems on PS4. I always play with crossplay off - not sure if that's helping?

Another WZ trio win this morning. I was teamed up with a couple of absolutely ridiculously good French or Belgian guys. I mean, I held my own, and even won it when they were both down at the end, but they had a silly number of kills each. I think I had 5, but they had at least 10 each - i.e. we killed at least 1/6 of the population between us!

1 hour ago, hmm said:

I haven't seen many problems on PS4. I always play with crossplay off - not sure if that's helping?

Another trio win this morning. I was teamed up with a couple of absolutely ridiculously good French or Belgian guys. I mean, I held my own, and even won it when they were both down at the end, but they had a silly number of kills each. I think I had 5, but they had at least 10 each - i.e. we killed at least 1/6 of the population between us!

Sounds like you are describing a Warzone game? This is the MW thread.

Yeah, it was kind of decided that having a Warzone thread and a MW thread is too fractured, because no-one knows where to post and shit gets missed. Like the patches that change everything should go in here but some people only play Warzone so they might miss something.

The matchmaking and lag at the minute is depressingly hilarious. The matchmaking has picked up a bit for me, it's only a minute or two now.