rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

I have no idea what walling is (I assume sliding is just sliding on the floor?) but usually finish in the top 2 so I don't think it benefits them too much.

@moosegrinderTotally get you, not making apologies for it at all, it's a bullshit tactic and I'd happily have jumping / sliding removed completely..

The evolution aspect is interesting though as (for me personally) it seems to have happened under the radar. It's only since I've read others comments that I've realised "oh yeah it's changing' can't really remember what it was like before (I'm old) :(

Yeah the sliding and jumping looks stupid and is irritating, likewise the knife/shield idiots that just leg it around looking for easy kills.

Tried a couple of games last night and quit after a round of domination Shoot House where the rest of the team didn't even attempt to cap any of the flags, even the one that you spawn on top of. They either get straight on the wall or are off working towards their first streak.

I've noticed the camping has massively increased too. On Asshair Cave last night, I hardly saw anyone out on the open, they were all holed up in camping spots just waiting for a kill. Just really boring.

• Upvote 1

Asshair Cave :lol:

I think an unwanted side product of this back end tinkering (oo-er) is it's exposing deficiencies in map design, I don't think there's one map that I really like out of the new batch. The shopping centre is horrendous fucking camper central.

Even with BR incoming, my enthusiasm for this is nosediving in a way I didn’t anticipate 2-3 weeks ago.

The COD cycle.

47 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Yeah the sliding and jumping looks stupid and is irritating, likewise the knife/shield idiots that just leg it around looking for easy kills.

Tried a couple of games last night and quit after a round of domination Shoot House where the rest of the team didn't even attempt to cap any of the flags, even the one that you spawn on top of. They either get straight on the wall or are off working towards their first streak.

I've noticed the camping has massively increased too. On Asshair Cave last night, I hardly saw anyone out on the open, they were all holed up in camping spots just waiting for a kill. Just really boring.

Yeah, I've had a few objective games where I've noticed not many people going for the objectives.  It seems much worse on the weekends with double XP since people just aim for easy kills. 

I've said it before, the losing team on any objective game mode should have a points penalty, say 50% of what they have accrued.  Really make it so that winning the objective game is the only way to make a round worthwhile.  As it is, you can get easy kills on domination, increase your XP but never go anywhere near actually playing the objective component of the game. 

Get rid of K/D. Fucking bin it. Put in a rating or statistic that takes into consideration all the relevant numbers if you're going to have one. Make the objective actually fucking count towards something.

I don't mind losing as long as the game is fun, but being absolutely fucking rinsed by the opposite team while Jonny Fuckbucket sits in a corner waiting to snipe some cunt (only to get jumped and shotgunned) is boring.

As has been discussed the dailies and weeklies don't help. I had one yesterday to get 20 One Shot, One Kills which only lends itself to a certain style of play. I tried to get it with the Kar but even boring brains with a head shot it seems OS,OK only counts from sniper rifles, so I'm camping C on Picadilly like a bell end. That shit's tedious.

• Upvote 5

Anyone else into Gun Game in this? I used to play the equivalent mode in Battlefield 3 quite a lot (Gun Master, I think) and this is just as addictive. One or two of the maps aren't brilliantly suited, and it seems weirdly biased when it comes to picking them, but mostly it works really well. The night mode variants are great too.

Can someone let me know if they get through the whole of that, I got a couple of minutes in before-ah I-ah wanted-ah to shove my thumb's-ah in my eyeballs-ah.

He says it's cross play but didn't expand when he first said it and if it's forced cross play like Ground War well that's just a massive waste of time and I won't be bothering. Thanks in advance .

Warzone is a standalone F2P title?  You don't even need MW to play this - they should've done the same with Blackout too.

The map looks absolutely gigantic.  Can't wait to try it out.  Fucking pumped!

• Upvote 1

Looks good! One main thing he mentions that could be an issue is killstreak spam in the endgame. You buy the killstreaks with "cash" earned in game so naturally the final circle has the possibility of being airstrike central.

• Upvote 1

So if BR is all someone is interested in moving forward: what is the incentive for keeping hold of a physical copy of MW - given this is free and dlc purchases in MW are tied to your account.

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't surprise me that if you wanted to use your purchases there's some licensing trigger bullshit that requires you to have the disc in/main game installed. Fuck knows.

I'm sure they'll balance the kill streak spam. Then they'll acquiesce to the Reddit bores screaming  after they do the nerf.

Apparently a shitload of information is going up today so I'd be prepared for a massive fucking patch tomorrow.

Can't wait to see Terminal, Overgrown and other classics on the BR map.  Hope they make it as multiplayer maps as well.  Not really sure why Scrapyard still hasn't already been added - since it's been in the game for months.  They really need to provide more 6v6 maps for multiplayer.

I enjoyed the BR mode in Black Ops, so up for trying this. 

I actually still want to get back into a standard CoD title again too, but this should scratch that itch until the next one arrives. 

On 02/03/2020 at 14:17, moosegrinder said:

Get rid of K/D. Fucking bin it. Put in a rating or statistic that takes into consideration all the relevant numbers if you're going to have one. Make the objective actually fucking count towards something.

I don't mind losing as long as the game is fun, but being absolutely fucking rinsed by the opposite team while Jonny Fuckbucket sits in a corner waiting to snipe some cunt (only to get jumped and shotgunned) is boring.

As has been discussed the dailies and weeklies don't help. I had one yesterday to get 20 One Shot, One Kills which only lends itself to a certain style of play. I tried to get it with the Kar but even boring brains with a head shot it seems OS,OK only counts from sniper rifles, so I'm camping C on Picadilly like a bell end. That shit's tedious.

We had a Kill Confirmed game the other day, other team were really, really fucking good. They spawn trapped us, but were not collecting our tags so they could increase their K/Ds without the game ending so soon. It was really fucking frustrating, 3 of our team left and we were just stuck in a spawn / death loop for ages until the game switched the spawns up almost 5 minutes later. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure the embargo is up today anyway, there were loads of videos from the last 2 days when I looked this morning. Activision really are going about this the wrong way.

#ModernWarfare Owners

8AM PDT

March 10th 

Download size 15-22GB

4 hours after launch for modern warfare owners.

New Players 
Download size 80-100GB

• Upvote 1

A whole 4 hours exclusivity for people who own Modern Warfare. Good luck getting it download and boot up in that timeframe.

Wild.

It drops at 3pm our time I think. The email timer they sent says 7h 40m or so. Whether the download will be up before that is anyone's guess. 

Oh, there you are, just realised I am posting in Warzone thread....all very confusing...onyhoo,

I posted this in Warzone but I'll dump it here too:

The new Hideout map is atrocious. Just awful.

By comparison I quite enjoy the Cave map and Picadilly.

Hideout and Hackney Yard though? No sir.

Backlot and Village coming next week.

I don't remember Village at all, backlot, aye, but can't picture village, am a googling!

Edit, MW3 map, that explains it...only played that multiplayer for about 5 hours.

If you go to the Just For You part of the store in game there's a ten tier battle pass skip for free. Because the xp for this game is still fucking stingy as shit.

I managed to get to 75 so I thought the bundle with 20 levels would be fine and easy to grind through next week, bit even with as much as I've played I would've been nowhere near 100 without that. Be interesting to see if they address islt.

• Upvote 1