Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

2 hours ago, AfromB said:

I play it on my Xbox with friends who have it on the PS4. It works fine with console players. 

Ah ok, I've never used it at all. I thought they'd be a way to pick and choose the platforms. 

My usual nightly routine, as generally a free-for-all player goes something like this...

Into the lobby, map chosen...

Hackney Yard > QUIT

Gun Runner > QUIT

Hackney Yard > QUIT

Rust > QUIT

Hackney Yard > QUIT

Shoot House > QUIT

Hackney Yard > QUIT

Gun Runner > QUIT

Superstore > QUIT

Gun Runner > QUIT

Hackney Yard > QUIT

Shoot House > QUIT

Anything else > FINALLY A GOOD MAP

Does seem to love the shit ones in rotation.

Find it odd you can do 'quick play', but not any sort of normal play. Like, what's the non-quick variety? There isn't one!

And then you have the playlists, where everything is a weird mode you would never want to play, or a 'mosh pit', which sounds totally metal but doesn't signify much (what does it mean anyway? 'we have excluded the modes everyone hates'?)

On 08/04/2020 at 20:14, bradigor said:

I'm bradigor1981 on Activision if anyone fancies carrying Private Pyle here. 

There is, allegedly, a RLLMUK regiment but I'm not sure how many people are in it or who can invite.

Rust is the only map I don't like. I'll play any of the maps because not playing Shipment or whatever Nuketown equivalent twice in a row because of map voting is a novelty still.

I don't get the gate for Hackney Yard. I guess it depends what mode you're playing?

I hate rust, don't like the 3 new maps particularly and warzone was a laggy shit show last night. I really enjoy it on the whole but sometimes they make it pretty hard work. 

The mandatory 30 minutes to an hour everytime u get your buddies on for a game and they have to download a patch, then do their shaders is pretty trying. Add to that a couple of games of unplayable rubber banding and everyone just gives up. Sadface

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Rust is the only map I don't like. I'll play any of the maps because not playing Shipment or whatever Nuketown equivalent twice in a row because of map voting is a novelty still.

I don't get the gate for Hackney Yard. I guess it depends what mode you're playing?

Hackney Yard in FFA has its spawn points all wrong. Shoot someone, and then pretty much instantly get shot by the person you've just done, in the back.

I tried Warzone for the first time the other night. I'm too old to get the point of these Battle Royale type games.

BR modes seem designed for low attention span types. I waited in a lobby for a few minutes, then a cut scene started and I jumped out of a plane. As I came into land I was shot dead. Re-spawned in a jail and was shot dead again. Not a lot of gaming going on there in the 10 or so minutes I spent getting into a game, seems pointless! I didn't try again.

It shouldn't take ten minutes to get into a game. You playing on console or pc? If you've not played BR before it's a complete dick, but if you get your head round it it's tense as shit and very rewarding. But if you can't be arsed getting over that hump of BANG DEAD and starting again I absolutely get that. 

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

Hackney Yard in FFA has its spawn points all wrong. Shoot someone, and then pretty much instantly get shot by the person you've just done, in the back.

I tried Warzone for the first time the other night. I'm too old to get the point of these Battle Royale type games.

BR modes seem designed for low attention span types. I waited in a lobby for a few minutes, then a cut scene started and I jumped out of a plane. As I came into land I was shot dead. Re-spawned in a jail and was shot dead again. Not a lot of gaming going on there in the 10 or so minutes I spent getting into a game, seems pointless! I didn't try again.

I hate solos in BR games, buddying up its a different animal. try 4 squad, and if you have 3 friends then it'll all click.

Tried MP for the first time (on this version) today. Got my arse handed to me on multiple occasions. Didn't help my son kept trying to point out where enemies were and my daughter was getting louder and louder, so couldn't hear anything. 

Was fun though. 

I got my first warzone win today in solos, I took it steady, and moved in with the gas. I was mainly picking people off who were in a worse position than I was, where I knew they'd have to move and had no cover. I ended up in the final circle at the military base with two others, the first one should have had me, he was in cover and I wasn't, but I've been using the M13 with a load of recoil reduction and I just chipped away at him. I think people panic when they see the amount of hits coming in, even though the M13 isn't doing a huge amount of damage compared to some of the other rifles, it's a total laser beam. I saw the last guy in the distance and realised that his only cover was the caltrop type things on the runway. I got behind one of the mini bunkers and just kept firing. I don't think he had any idea what to do, because no matter where he stood I could hit him in the feet. He moved a couple of times but I could still hit him and think he knew the game was up, because he didn't really fire back. I also had 5 RPG rounds in reserve for vehicles, but didn't need to use them in the end.

In other news I've had three matches today with blatant hackers, not even trying to hide it. I've sent in more reports in the last week than I have since the game started, and I just hope they can get a handle on this. Ghosts was a complete write off because of hackers, the report function literally didn't do anything, and I hope this doesn't go the same way

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, englishbob said:

BR modes seem designed for low attention span types. 

:lol: this is exactly the opposite of what BR is for.

BR is unlike the normal multiplayer in that your life actually means something, which makes it tense as fuck near the end.

So, because I didn't get my 10 tier skip (didnt need it, I was 100 weeks ago) got a thing today telling me to claim my missing 10 tier skip.

Went from 28 to 43, pretty sure that isn't 10, but i will take it, cheers, a wee baw hair off 45 now.

55 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Weird complaint but it’s kinda shady how some of the premium store stuff like Talon’s dog and the Tamagunchi, are basically part of the battle pass (skin swaps) in the space of a few weeks. Imagine how miffed you’d feel if you’d spent hard cash on those bundles. 

Dont want to talk about it.

7 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I have went from rank 107 to 57.

Wtf?

Yep, seasons reset your rank to 55 (if you're already passed that level), which is the soft cap of sorts. 

Since they got rid is prestige levels you  keep progressing to 155 each season. You've not lost any of your unlocks or weapons though :)

Anyone had issues with buying CoD Points before? Got my son 1100 to get the battle pass and they won't show up on his account and won't let him do anything in the store. All works fine on mine though. 

2 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I was enjoying the new maps this morning (Sawmill is great), and over-zealously dumped £10 on that pink tracer gun.

M4A1 is burst-only, the gun has a creepy anime girl on the sight.

Instant regret.

you can add full auto to it in the customisation menus.

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Anyone had issues with buying CoD Points before? Got my son 1100 to get the battle pass and they won't show up on his account and won't let him do anything in the store. All works fine on mine though. 

Not because of parental controls is it?

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Not because of parental controls is it?

There shouldn't be any. We bought the points directly from the store via his account, so not sure what the issue is. Only thing I can think, is it being a US Account in the UK, but never had issues like that with any other game. 

Got a bit sick of seeing PC mouse-and-keyboard-ers showing up in my WZ games - a side effect of now having three team sizes as well as two modes to choose from, I guess - so I tried switching crossplay off. That's been discussed a few times in this thread (or maybe the competing, now dormant dedicated WZ one) and a few people said it wasn't working etc. For me, it's been working fine on PSN: it gives me a warning whenever I go to join a game but in practice I've had no problems finding ones to join. If anyone had trouble with it before, might be worth trying again now. I suppose there may sometimes be some trade-off for, say, ping times in the game you end up in - I think that's what the warning is mainly about - but I haven't noticed major problems there.

I think crossplay to XBL is great but I'm not sure, personally, that it's wholly fair to be playing against PC gamepad players, given the advantages some of them are likely to have in terms of resolution / framerate / proximity to the monitor / whatever. And I would certainly say that playing against PC M+Kers is absolute bullshit, and I don't have much truck with arguments about autoaim levelling the field - I am pretty confident that the me of ~6 years ago playing on PC would wipe the floor with the me of today playing on PS4 with a Dualshock, even ignoring the indignities of my cruelly advancing years.

It would be nice to have some options to control this more precisely, but I suppose that would splinter the player base even further. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, bradigor said:

There shouldn't be any. We bought the points directly from the store via his account, so not sure what the issue is. Only thing I can think, is it being a US Account in the UK, but never had issues like that with any other game. 

Download Warzone on the US account and load the game.

16 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Download Warzone on the US account and load the game.

Ah ok, thanks. Will that cause issues for me on the UK account?

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Ah ok, thanks. Will that cause issues for me on the UK account?

If you buy COD points they will only appear on the game for that region on Playstation, it's the same with Fifa points and other in game currency, so if you're sharing a PS4 then you will need to keep 2 different regions versions on the console or just re-download one as and when you want to buy and spend the points.

2 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

If you buy COD points they will only appear on the game for that region on Playstation, it's the same with Fifa points and other in game currency, so if you're sharing a PS4 then you will need to keep 2 different regions versions on the console or just re-download one as and when you want to buy and spend the points.

Thanks for that. Ok, will get his points added and spent on there, then can delete and that'll be his lot. Thanks bud. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-11-i-wish-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-let-me-play-the-maps-i-want-when-i-want

Surely a deputy editor within Eurogamer carries enough weight to get in touch with IW direct and find out what is going on, rather than crowing about it in an article?

Seems to me that a lot of developers say they want feedback, providing multiple ways of doing so, and then actually not fucking replying to any of it.

They even closed down the official forums the other month, because they just weren't replying to anyone or anything raised.

Seems some that might be able to help and be in a position to do so on the behalf of many go about it in the wrong way, like this article.

The answer of course is to add a map filter, but the article mentions too many numerous options that will never get anywhere.

While they are at it, fix the fucking uncapped frame rate issue on the menus on PS Pro, this has been a thing for 6 months