rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

29 minutes ago, Parappa said:

surely this was all downloaded the other week when it took 3 months before I could play it again?

No that was just to update the playlists. 

Yeah my OH has just seen the same. I'm wondering if it's doing an install check or if it is actually downloading nearly 70 fucking GB. 

My console, however, is bereft of updates :(

One reboot later and it's there (along with 3 other updates :seanr:). Does this mean they've put out the BR mode? It can't be 50gb+ of just Battle Pass assets surely?

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

One reboot later and it's there (along with 3 other updates :seanr:). Does this mean they've put out the BR mode? It can't be 50gb+ of just Battle Pass assets surely?

1GB of assets, maps, weapons etc, 49GB to fix the spawning.

• Upvote 2

Christ. I hope this just doesn't just keep adding to the existing install or I'll end up with a 2TB HDD with only this game on it. In all seriousness, this must be getting to a size it's going to cause issues.

20 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

51gb done.

Now it’s downloading a 19gb one.

I hope this is a joke!

51gb has just started downloading, what the actual f**k?

Whoever out of Sony and Microsoft comes up with the best solution to this gets my next gen cash.

Activision is making Stadia look like a good idea right now. Why is MW not on it?

Patch notes:

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-02/MW_Patch_Notes_Feb_20

They don't even mention the spawning, I just don't get how that can't be an easy fix.

Akimbo weapons (dual wielding) perk is in. Do not like.

Battle Hardened changes: (Bunch of other perk balances but this is the big one)

Added Snapshot grenade immunity (moved from Ghost)
    Added Gas grenade resistance:
        Cough is no longer played when a player enters gas
        Reduced slowdown under gas effect    
        Reduced blur when under gas effect

Crossbow reload tuned.

Increased RAM-7 extended mags ammo count from 45 to 50

Nothing else major stood out to me.

Edit: Oh fuck no, now you can run Hardline and Kill Chain together.

7 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Whoever out of Sony and Microsoft comes up with the best solution to this gets my next gen cash.

Activision is making Stadia look like a good idea right now. Why is MW not on it?

Officially the biggest piss take for updates this game. Also seems to stop downloading when I put the PS4 into rest mode wtf

Well my resolve held out. Bought the Battle Pass option with 20 tiers. Got excited by Rust and the teasing of BR and Terminal. Plus the challenges carried over and there are ton of new weapon blueprint ones.

Rust is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Hmm I may bite for season 2 which is possibly the first season and DLC I have every purchased in nearly 40 years of gaming.

However looking at the download size I may never play it. 

6 hours ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Officially the biggest piss take for updates this game. Also seems to stop downloading when I put the PS4 into rest mode wtf

yeah I noticed this too. It’ll take me days to download! 

The action in the intro video isn't contained to the airport level we've seen in other CoDs so that's BR on its way. I'm assuming it's going to be stitched together maps a la Ground War. I hope to god you don't have to have cross play on.

If you buy the battle pass you seemingly get a permanent 'Season 2 xp boost', which means they know they're being stingy. Also there's now weekly missions, which is nice as I like have something to aim for.

Surely that patch is the BR mode?

surprised they haven’t made branded external hard drives. Missed a trick there on the Cod money train. 

43 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Surely that patch is the BR mode?

surprised they haven’t made branded external hard drives. Missed a trick there on the Cod money train. 

You'd only have to pay CoD Points to unlock the last 500gb of storage on it.

Well Im in for season 2! Akimbo Snakeshot... er ok...

I still havent paid any cash for a season, and have enough credits for the next one as well. I dont know why I have so many coins I didnt purchase the expenisive addition.  Does the base came come with some credits? 

4 minutes ago, Strategos said:

Well Im in for season 2! Akimbo Snakeshot... er ok...

I still havent paid any cash for a season, and have enough credits for the next one as well. I dont know why I have so many coins I didnt purchase the expenisive addition.  Does the base came come with some credits? 

If you dint spend anything and got to 100 you've probably got 1k CoD points from the season. Sometimes they give people who buy each Call Of Duty bonus points for buying the new version too.

9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If you dint spend anything and got to 100 you've probably got 1k CoD points from the season. Sometimes they give people who buy each Call Of Duty bonus points for buying the new version too.

I had about 3k at the start I think .  

There’s a god awful bug at the moment which downloads an update patch after every game. 

Rust is ace tho 

1 minute ago, DC Lemon said:

Shipment 24/7 gone. Damn, now I’ve got to play the rest of the game.

It’s a filthy habit and I miss it.