Jump to content
rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Parappa said:

surely this was all downloaded the other week when it took 3 months before I could play it again?

 

No that was just to update the playlists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my OH has just seen the same. I'm wondering if it's doing an install check or if it is actually downloading nearly 70 fucking GB. 

 

My console, however, is bereft of updates :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One reboot later and it's there (along with 3 other updates :seanr:). Does this mean they've put out the BR mode? It can't be 50gb+ of just Battle Pass assets surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

One reboot later and it's there (along with 3 other updates :seanr:). Does this mean they've put out the BR mode? It can't be 50gb+ of just Battle Pass assets surely?

 

1GB of assets, maps, weapons etc, 49GB to fix the spawning.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ. I hope this just doesn't just keep adding to the existing install or I'll end up with a 2TB HDD with only this game on it. In all seriousness, this must be getting to a size it's going to cause issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

51gb done.
 

Now it’s downloading a 19gb one.

I hope this is a joke!

 

51gb has just started downloading, what the actual f**k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever out of Sony and Microsoft comes up with the best solution to this gets my next gen cash.

 

Activision is making Stadia look like a good idea right now. Why is MW not on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patch notes:

 

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-02/MW_Patch_Notes_Feb_20

 

They don't even mention the spawning, I just don't get how that can't be an easy fix.

 

Akimbo weapons (dual wielding) perk is in. Do not like.

 

Battle Hardened changes: (Bunch of other perk balances but this is the big one)

    Added Snapshot grenade immunity (moved from Ghost)
    Added Gas grenade resistance:
        Cough is no longer played when a player enters gas
        Reduced slowdown under gas effect    
        Reduced blur when under gas effect

 

Crossbow reload tuned.

 

Increased RAM-7 extended mags ammo count from 45 to 50

 

Nothing else major stood out to me.

 

Edit: Oh fuck no, now you can run Hardline and Kill Chain together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Whoever out of Sony and Microsoft comes up with the best solution to this gets my next gen cash.

 

Activision is making Stadia look like a good idea right now. Why is MW not on it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officially the biggest piss take for updates this game. Also seems to stop downloading when I put the PS4 into rest mode wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my resolve held out. Bought the Battle Pass option with 20 tiers. Got excited by Rust and the teasing of BR and Terminal. Plus the challenges carried over and there are ton of new weapon blueprint ones.

 

Rust is awesome.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I may bite for season 2 which is possibly the first season and DLC I have every purchased in nearly 40 years of gaming.

However looking at the download size I may never play it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Officially the biggest piss take for updates this game. Also seems to stop downloading when I put the PS4 into rest mode wtf


yeah I noticed this too. It’ll take me days to download! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The action in the intro video isn't contained to the airport level we've seen in other CoDs so that's BR on its way. I'm assuming it's going to be stitched together maps a la Ground War. I hope to god you don't have to have cross play on.

 

If you buy the battle pass you seemingly get a permanent 'Season 2 xp boost', which means they know they're being stingy. Also there's now weekly missions, which is nice as I like have something to aim for.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely that patch is the BR mode?

surprised they haven’t made branded external hard drives. Missed a trick there on the Cod money train. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Surely that patch is the BR mode?

surprised they haven’t made branded external hard drives. Missed a trick there on the Cod money train. 

 

You'd only have to pay CoD Points to unlock the last 500gb of storage on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Im in for season 2! Akimbo Snakeshot... er ok...

 

I still havent paid any cash for a season, and have enough credits for the next one as well. I dont know why I have so many coins I didnt purchase the expenisive addition.  Does the base came come with some credits? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Strategos said:

Well Im in for season 2! Akimbo Snakeshot... er ok...

 

I still havent paid any cash for a season, and have enough credits for the next one as well. I dont know why I have so many coins I didnt purchase the expenisive addition.  Does the base came come with some credits? 

 

If you dint spend anything and got to 100 you've probably got 1k CoD points from the season. Sometimes they give people who buy each Call Of Duty bonus points for buying the new version too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

If you dint spend anything and got to 100 you've probably got 1k CoD points from the season. Sometimes they give people who buy each Call Of Duty bonus points for buying the new version too.

 

I had about 3k at the start I think .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a god awful bug at the moment which downloads an update patch after every game. 

 

Rust is ace tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DC Lemon said:

Shipment 24/7 gone. Damn, now I’ve got to play the rest of the game.


It’s a filthy habit and I miss it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.