rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

When is the Battle Pass Double XP... I’m around 55-60 but no way I’m going to clear this thing.

R6 Siege has a mini Battle Pass event over 5 weeks and it’s drawn me away from Modern Warfare. It’s like playing a last gen game in terms of graphics and mechanics, though obviously to be expected due to the extra destruction physics. It’s surprisingly difficult to switch between the two.

It popped up at the weekend for like 10 mins then disappeared, anyone else catch that or was I hallucinating?

It’s a brutal grind even with double everything.

Where are you guys at? Clawed my way to 53 and will play some over the weekend but largely given up on hitting the high levels.

Do the Battle Pass associated missions reset as well? 

Don't know about that. I took Dave's advice and played nothing but Shipment 24/7 for a couple of hours last night and got 4 battle pass levels. Looks like I'm doing that :p

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Don't know about that. I took Dave's advice and played nothing but Shipment 24/7 for a couple of hours last night and got 4 battle pass levels. Looks like I'm doing that :p

I don’t think I can cope with 20 hours of Shipment this weekend.

I've got a couple of problems with shipment. The first is that it completely negates skill most of the time. You can't do anything when people spawn in literally behind you. Second is that it kind of renders most of the mission steps trivial. 

The answer is "Don't play it then" and my response is "But loot..."

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got a couple of problems with shipment. The first is that it completely negates skill most of the time. You can't do anything when people spawn in literally behind you. Second is that it kind of renders most of the mission steps trivial. 

The answer is "Don't play it then" and my response is "But loot..."

I got around 8000+ on Hardpoint and 60-70 kills - it’s good for trying to chain a 15 killstreak. But it’s also mindless. And it equated to one Battlepass level even with the double xp.

I enjoy it in bursts but knowing I need to cram this weekend - when it’s also competing with Siege, and Apex just dropped. There’s not enough time for all these service games.

Yeah, not even vaguely enough time. I didn't get on with Apex because you have to rely on ding dongs in your squad not to be numpties, and Seige required way more skill than I'll ever possess. I've got Destiny 2 on the go but that's super generous with the XP so that pass is nearly done.

I don't think I'm going to get to 100 in 5 days but I'll have a good stab at it. If it becomes a chore I'll just stop. Zombie Army 4 has just come out so that'll be a nice antidote to the never ending GaaS grind.

• Upvote 1

The spawning on the shipment is the biggest issue.  Either it will be someone right behind you or you'll be able to get easy kills since the enemy keeps spawning in the same corner. I guess there is no easy answer, it is just a reflection of the map (which is fun, in small doses). 

Nothing beats spawing on flag B in domination, took me 5 deaths last night just to respawn elsewhere :hmm:

1 hour ago, McCoy said:

The spawning on the shipment the whole game is the biggest issue.  Either it will be someone right behind you or you'll be able to get easy kills since the enemy keeps spawning in the same corner. I guess there is no easy answer, it is just a reflection of the map (which is fun, in small doses). 

FTFY. I love the game, it's the first COD in a long time I've enjoyed, but the spawning is utter tripe. Even on the bigger maps I find it a regular occurance to spawn with people behind you, or spawn in direct gunfire, or spawn on an explosive. 

If they added something like a 2 second spawn protection where you couldn't die, that would make things so much better.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

FTFY. I love the game, it's the first COD in a long time I've enjoyed, but the spawning is utter tripe. Even on the bigger maps I find it a regular occurance to spawn with people behind you, or spawn in direct gunfire, or spawn on an explosive. 

If they added something like a 2 second spawn protection where you couldn't die, that would make things so much better.

The other thing I think it needs is to be able to pick which weapon you spawn with. I've been levelling pistols and having to switch over weapons on the cargo map can be a real pain. At least they got rid of cocking the gun every time you spawned, I've been spawn trapped on euphrates bridge a few times, where you can't even cock an LMG in time to fire back before you get obliterated.

59 minutes ago, U2031 said:

The other thing I think it needs is to be able to pick which weapon you spawn with. I've been levelling pistols and having to switch over weapons on the cargo map can be a real pain. At least they got rid of cocking the gun every time you spawned, I've been spawn trapped on euphrates bridge a few times, where you can't even cock an LMG in time to fire back before you get obliterated.

I've lost count where I've spawned in a death animation as I was put directly in front of an enemy who is already firing. There's nothing you can do in those situations and it's frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

I've lost count where I've spawned in a death animation as I was put directly in front of an enemy who is already firing. There's nothing you can do in those situations and it's frustrating. 

We need Martyrdom back.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AfromB said:

What game modes are you all playing?

TDM, Domination & Hard point. 

Recently hardloint has got really bad. I've seen it regularly where you spawn in the hard point that people are fighting over, so you get fucked instantly. 

22 minutes ago, AfromB said:

What game modes are you all playing?

Shoothouse and Shipment 24/7 playlists. Love the pace of both of them but do agree with all the criticism of Shipment's spawns.

Try some of the slower more tactical modes maybe? Mix it up a bit. A bit of hardcore here, a bit of 2v2 there. 

Playing mostly search and destroy with a squad of 4-5 and then custom gun fights of 2vs2 and 3vs3 with friends which is brilliant fun.

I don't know what they've done to TDM but it's absolutely atrocious. It's so fucking slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. It's not like it needs to be the super-caffeinated rush fest it used to be put people taking up residence at the top of stairs and just sitting in buildings like in St Petrograd is tedious as shit. The objective based modes are so much better. 

It's not like I bring this up because I've been awake from 2am with my bloody dog and couldn't get a game quickly in Domination so had to open myself up to more playlists, oh no.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I don't know what they've done to TDM but it's absolutely atrocious. It's so fucking slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. It's not like it needs to be the super-caffeinated rush fest it used to be put people taking up residence at the top of stairs and just sitting in buildings like in St Petrograd is tedious as shit. The objective based modes are so much better. 

It's not like I bring this up because I've been awake from 2am with my bloody dog and couldn't get a game quickly in Domination so had to open myself up to more playlists, oh no.

Get kill confirmed on. Its TDM without the annoying campers. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Get kill confirmed on. Its TDM without the annoying campers. 

Oh it has campers they just cant collect the tags so are even more useless than usual.

• Upvote 4