rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

17 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Yeah just seems like a lot when I didn't get on massively with the beta due to random death syndrome - how is that in the full game?

Yeah it's no where near the madness of Blops for that stuff  99% of the time it's my own stupidity that gets me nipped.

@moosegrinder thanks for explaining the Battle Pass, got it.

I'm having some unexpected larks on this playing private matches against bots - 1 vs 6 matches with the skill level of the bots cranked up, it's really tense and makes for a completely different game. With no other players on your team you know that any footsteps, movement or shooting is coming from the enemy, so you can play it tactically as it's less hectic. The AI is pretty great I think, they target your killstreaks (always get my personal radar shot down) and they use a good variety of weapons and tactics. You also get to choose from all of the maps including the ones that aren't in usual rotation, so you can try the night maps, ground war maps etc for however many bots you like.

• Upvote 2

decided to have a little switch up and turn into one of those annoying fuckers with the combat knife.

So much fun getting the jump on peeps and causing mayhem.

• Upvote 1

On 04/12/2019 at 19:59, p1nseeker said:

This is fucking painful. Made sure it was all updated. Had my tea, came back to it and there's now another fucking update. Game was 140+ gigs as it is! Copying at a snails pace. Something needs to be done about this. Like only update once a week at a specific time if it's gonna be like this. 

Set your Xbox to instant on, and to install updates automatically. It'll download while the Xbox is 'off' (low power mode really) and you'll never seen an update again. 

On 04/12/2019 at 20:51, mexos said:

It would be alright if the bloody PS4 would actually download and install it in background mode.

Oh. 

38 minutes ago, Nein said:

Shoothouse 24/7 is back!

Well played IW. Well played. 

Bittersweet. Can you imagine the pressure IW were under from the likes of Reddit to bring it back? I read some really depressing posts from IW devs, saying that they received death threats related to their children and families and all kinds of other horrible shit, like doxing. This game brings out the worst in people and a massive percentage of the playerbase are entitled manbaby neckbeards who should be ignored.

Also kind of worrying that they can break under pressure like that and make changes overnight, they should be following their own instincts as game devs and not the Reddit hive mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Some of what these devs have to put up with is shameful and I’d really rather not have YouTube recommend me monetised videos of people calling for members of Infinity Ward to be sacked.

It's a good job at least that part of the business isn't affected by those cunts. Vocal minority may get shit changed in game but nobody's getting sack because J1mmy5cr34m3r on YouTube is calling for it.

Sending death threats and shit, though? Those people are scum. Absolute shitholes.

12 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Bittersweet. Can you imagine the pressure IW were under from the likes of Reddit to bring it back? I read some really depressing posts from IW devs, saying that they received death threats related to their children and families and all kinds of other horrible shit, like doxing. This game brings out the worst in people and a massive percentage of the playerbase are entitled manbaby neckbeards who should be ignored.

Also kind of worrying that they can break under pressure like that and make changes overnight, they should be following their own instincts as game devs and not the Reddit hive mind.

Yeah I’ve heard about that type of stuff. There will always be those idiots unfortunately. 

I wouldn’t view this as a case of them following a ‘Reddit hive mind’. They just removed a super popular option and their player base didn’t like it. So they reversed the change. 

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Maybe the plan was to rotate them like that all along.

The Halo games have always had great support and things like rotation have worked well there. IW will probably do something similar. 

Just don’t take away Shoothouse 24/7 ;)

Today's dailies mean I'm being 'that' guy and running around with a launcher trying to kill people and ruining my K/D. It's fucking hilarious, mind.

I was level 132 before the reset and can comfortably say this is the 2nd worst COD I’ve experienced at launch. The honour of 1st place goes to Advanced Warfare but it’s a close run thing.

I only like 6v6 and there is a lot of other content in there that many people will enjoy but for me there is a laughably small selection of mostly terrible maps (Crash is now the best map in the game. Hackney Yard & Gun Runner are half decent), the TTK is far too fast, there is no real gun variation and the footsteps are ridiculous. 

If if you enjoy crouch walking & playing tactically/camping you will get good scores but it’s so, so boring.  Rush & go 23-1 or 5-15. It’s a lottery. It’s not really COD.

I’ll still play it. 

3 hours ago, villenium said:

I was level 132 before the reset and can comfortably say this is the 2nd worst COD I’ve experienced at launch. The honour of 1st place goes to Advanced Warfare but it’s a close run thing.

I only like 6v6 and there is a lot of other content in there that many people will enjoy but for me there is a laughably small selection of mostly terrible maps (Crash is now the best map in the game. Hackney Yard & Gun Runner are half decent), the TTK is far too fast, there is no real gun variation and the footsteps are ridiculous. 

If if you enjoy crouch walking & playing tactically/camping you will get good scores but it’s so, so boring.  Rush & go 23-1 or 5-15. It’s a lottery. It’s not really COD.

I’ll still play it. 

Best cod since it’s inception hands down. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, villenium said:

I’ll still play it. 

I regularly finish in the top 3 and I'm charging about.

Still a lag fest for me..., but I continue to play Shoot House Map, the rest are crap

I think this game is hit and miss on connections and some players with big kill streaks simple never die because they always see the enemies first. I watched video on Youtube and a guy won 66-0 on Shootout with a PP19. No one ever got close to him and his TTK was almost like Hardcore.

I have others seen getting 115, 120 kills and all other players are in the single digits with KD'd of 0.3 etc. That is not skill, that is a connection advantage.

I saw one Youtuber from USA who played when on holiday in Italy. His KD is nearly 4.0. He got slaughtered online over here... blaming slow speeds, bad connections etc etc. Nuff said

5 hours ago, Dave White said:

Best cod since it’s inception hands down. 

My thoughts exactly. 

I'd love them to release a feature on Gunsmith and the work they put into it. 

• Upvote 2

I definitely enjoy the more strategic modes best. So cyber attack and search and destroy = :wub: 

occasionally I have moments of greatness on the more frantic modes but not that often :lol: 

This is definitely my favourite COD though :D 

• Upvote 1

I must say that this doesn't have the same pull as the earlier BLOPs titles (both 3 and 4).

I find my old go to mode TDM way too random with some really weird spawns and almost no consistent spawn switching.

Ground War is fun but no one plays the objective. The last 5-10 games have all ended up with either spawn trapping or being spawn trapped. Yesterday I lost a game 48-9, so a nuke for owning all bases after 5 minutes or so. We took home base and then everyone went for the sides or roofs.

The super easy sniping really messes with the balance of this game mode.

I gave up on TDM, which is odd as that's what I exclusively played in all previous CoDs. I only go in if I  need some specific daily or part of a mission. I've found the love for Domination and Kill Confirmed, despite most people not knowing what the fucking point or Kill Confirmed is.

I still don't get why Scrapyard and Vacant aren't in the game as stand-alone 6v6 multiplayer maps as they already exist within the game (in Spec Ops and Ground War).  I know that Vacant is coming soon, but they shouldn't be drip feeding us this stuff.

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

I still don't get why Scrapyard and Vacant aren't in the game as stand-alone 6v6 multiplayer maps as they already exist within the game (in Spec Ops and Ground War).  I know that Vacant is coming soon, but they shouldn't be drip feeding us this stuff.

They have to drip feed it because if they chuck it all in at once people consume it, get bored of it then wail "WHERE'S THE NEW MAPS"

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I gave up on TDM, which is odd as that's what I exclusively played in all previous CoDs. I only go in if I  need some specific daily or part of a mission. I've found the love for Domination and Kill Confirmed, despite most people not knowing what the fucking point or Kill Confirmed is.

Think that's one of the reasons I'm enjoying Kill Confirmed.  Randoms seem to not go for the tokens so I can hoover them up :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Yeah the game is clearly designed around objective modes more than previous ones. At the same time half the player base can't/won't play objectives. 

This game is awesome, it’s like the first real sequel we’ve had to MW2 in 10 years.

Love that the Battle Pass gives you extra missions to unlock 6-7 items.

Going to be stuck into this all year. I can’t imagine next year’s offering will topple it.

• Upvote 1

Have any of the recent patches altered the ability to throw a frag at point of death and get a martyr effect? At launch I'd pull it off pretty often and lately it never happens. Just me?