Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Just digital items, except the enhanced one has 3000 CoD moonbuck$ included, which probably won't be enough to buy the Season Pass although I don't think there's a price for that yet so don't quote me.

Ah. Ok. Where did I get it from that the maps are going to be free? :(

6 minutes ago, Nein said:

Ah. Ok. Where did I get it from that the maps are going to be free? :(

Oh they are, I didn't mean Season Pass I'm just used to typing it it seems. All post release content in that respect is free, sorry.  It's just cosmetics and the 'battle pass' you pay for.

Also I just mistyped cosmetics as "costmetics" and I wonder why no-one has coined that yet.

11 hours ago, McCoy said:

It's been a while since I've tried to get into COD online, having loved MW 1 and 2 and started drifting off from 3 onwards. 

I know it has always been the way, but the way the progression system ties weapons, upgrades and perks to more experienced players is starting to grate.  It is hard enough trying to get into a competitive online game but to have weapons, upgrades and perks locked until you've played more makes the early hours really feel like you are just cannon fodder for the more experienced players. If anything, the better you get the more reduced your access weapons, perks and upgrades should be. In 2019, there must be a better system than just grinding up for hours to unlock a red dot or different gun or perk. 

I've been playing a bit of Ground War and it is incredibly frantic which is fun but there seems to be loads of deaths from helicopters, air strikes and snipers.  Much more than what I remember from MW1 and 2. It is probably my poor skills but the snipers also seem really over powered.  I only have to poke my head out and I'm instantly killed by someone half way across the map.  

I might try some of the other modes to see if they are slightly calmer. 

Most of the more popular weapons, perks and load outs are all available early in the progression system. 

For reference: M4 assault rifle, 725 shotgun, overkill perk, claymore mines. Resupply ammo crate as your field upgrade and you’re as sweaty as any max level player within 15 levels or

so :)

The way they've nailed the loop of getting into games quickly, being instantly back on the playing field after death, a reward for everything that you do even if it's just an XP boost or a new camo, enough time between rounds for a quick tinker in Gunsmith to try a new scope or perk and then back into the chaos, it is completely and overwhelmingly engrossing. I almost forget to breathe playing this game. It just completely consumes you. Incredibly thrilling and satisfying gunplay. When stuff is exploding all around you, windows getting blown out, parked cars exploding from rocket fire, bodies flying past you from the amazing rag doll physics, the sound full of so much detail and percussion, it's a wild and spectacular ride every round. This is by far my favourite game this gen and it's not even close.

I just put a hybrid scope, blackout rounds, extended barrel, the wounding perk and a stabilising tripod for crouch and prone on my M13, this is a pure murder machine now. The hybrid scope lets you flick between near and far magnification, total game changer on larger maps and for attacking/defending on Domination. With the blackout rounds (silent, no bullet traces) they don't even know where they're being hit from until it's too late. Love it.

The M13 is also deadly if you add all the recoil control attachments (including the last barrel you unlock). Laser accurate (but a bit more cumbersome). I have two different M13 classes depending on if I want to be sneaky or not. 

Playing with friends last night and ended up in some of those very camp-heavy matches some people seem to complain about. It's strange how that never really happens for me but often when in a party. 

16 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

The way they've nailed the loop of getting into games quickly, being instantly back on the playing field after death, a reward for everything that you do even if it's just an XP boost or a new camo, enough time between rounds for a quick tinker in Gunsmith to try a new scope or perk and then back into the chaos, it is completely and overwhelmingly engrossing. I almost forget to breathe playing this game. It just completely consumes you. Incredibly thrilling and satisfying gunplay. When stuff is exploding all around you, windows getting blown out, parked cars exploding from rocket fire, bodies flying past you from the amazing rag doll physics, the sound full of so much detail and percussion, it's a wild and spectacular ride every round. This is by far my favourite game this gen and it's not even close.

I just put a hybrid scope, blackout rounds, extended barrel, the wounding perk and a stabilising tripod for crouch and prone on my M13, this is a pure murder machine now. The hybrid scope lets you flick between near and far magnification, total game changer on larger maps and for attacking/defending on Domination. With the blackout rounds (silent, no bullet traces) they don't even know where they're being hit from until it's too late. Love it.

I think the gun configurations are one of the best thing about this game. I mean i'm guessing its in the thousands of possbilities per gun (aside from handguns/lanchers). Playing around with what works before you it great. And its a real incentive to try and unlock more and more attachments/mods.

It's definitely one of the big addictive pulls. And if you've not tried upgrading the handguns I recommend it - the .357 magnum has five slots so you can have a stock, snub nose, fast trigger, scope, and more that I can't remember.  If you do the challenges (not the dailys) there is an entire section for using specific weapons, in there there's one where you have to get 25 headshots with a handgun. I did it on the Shoothouse playlist. Intense but worth it. There are actual unique weapons as a reward, not just XP and camos. Addictive as hell.

I expected all the guns in a class to have the same mods and attachments, but there is variation depending on the model like the Blackout Rounds which I haven't seen on any of the other Assault Rifles apart from the M13. That keeps the interest up and makes another crazy additive rabbit hole to fall down.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I expected all the guns in a class to have the same mods and attachments, but there is variation depending on the model like the Blackout Rounds which I haven't seen on any of the other Assault Rifles apart from the M13. That keeps the interest up and makes another crazy additive rabbit hole to fall down.

Indeed - The M4 has no less that 3 different calibre of rounds you can fit (Standard 556, 9mm and SOCOM rounds)

21 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

enough time between rounds for a quick tinker in Gunsmith to try a new scope or perk and then back into the chaos, it is completely and overwhelmingly engrossing.

One of my favourite innovations is the fact that you can edit your loadout and Gunsmith stuff while the match is going on!

6 hours ago, Omizzay said:

One of my favourite innovations is the fact that you can edit your loadout and Gunsmith stuff while the match is going on!

Rage tweaks!

In case anyone isn't aware, you can copy the loadout of the person who just killed you by hitting Triangle (PS4) so you can see exactly how much better their equipment is than yours.

Really looking forward to Crash and Vacant, already thinking about getting to the top of the tall building on Crash with a sniper build and protecting the stairs with Claymores, just like old times.