rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

2 minutes ago, denisb said:

I don’t understand how people know I’m coming and from what direction I’m coming from ?

Surround sound setup. Atmos is amazing in this game.

I'd absolutely use a headset. There's only one game I don't use it for in PvP and that's Destiny because it doesn't matter but every other game I've played uses footsteps as a significant identifier as to where people are.

Plus I loved to use Dead Silence and the perk that increases enemy footstep sound*

*I can't remember the name of this and just googled it and all the results are "WTF FOOTSTEPS NEED NERFING OMG" for Modern Warfare.

34 minutes ago, denisb said:

Does everybody use a headset ? I don’t understand how people know I’m coming and from what direction I’m coming from ?

Yes. Footsteps, especially in this, as everyone is apparently wearing clodhoppers, are a huge indicator.

1 hour ago, denisb said:

Does everybody use a headset ? I don’t understand how people know I’m coming and from what direction I’m coming from ?

You are absolutely knackered if you don't wear headphones. Sound is a huge part of the game.

• Upvote 1

The ps4 virtual surround headset is especially good for it. Although sometimes sound that's above you can be a bit disorienting. 

Are there any MW or MW2 MP maps in this?

Not yet, but seems like several will be added later. Rust, Shipment seem to be nailed on, possibly variations on Terminal, Wet Work (the cargo ship at night from CoD4) and Broadcast rumoured to be lined up. Broadcast was a favourite map of mine. 

• Upvote 1

From Reddit, this is someone from IW:

7sr75wiiewz31.jpg

What most people are complaining about is the "SBMM" - that's Skill Based Match Making. They'd prefer if match making was based on your connection speed, not skill level. Took me a while to understand why that is preferred, and it's all to do with putting in low effort to get more kills. People complain about having to go up against people of their own skill level because they get killed too frequently. They just want to rampage against low level players and call in kill streaks. It's not about improving your skills by playing against equally match opponents. It's purely about getting to the top of the leaderboard in FFA or TDM. The mentality of that.

• Empathy 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

From Reddit, this is someone from IW:

7sr75wiiewz31.jpg

What most people are complaining about is the "SBMM" - that's Skill Based Match Making. They'd prefer if match making was based on your connection speed, not skill level. Took me a while to understand why that is preferred, and it's all to do with putting in low effort to get more kills. People complain about having to go up against people of their own skill level because they get killed too frequently. They just want to rampage against low level players and call in kill streaks. It's not about improving your skills by playing against equally match opponents. It's purely about getting to the top of the leaderboard in FFA or TDM. The mentality of that.

No game has ever came close to Halo for matchmaking. 

I find MP Halo games are more often than not very close. 

• Upvote 1

Matchmaking is so fucking weird in this game though. Having a good time, close games, doing my usual average of I k/dr, join my pal and suddenly we're up against the actual seal team six of video games. Every cunt knows every single angle in every map and knows where you will be before you do and has your head shot off in an instant. One guy in your team hoovers up all the kills so you're just wandering around looking for someone to kill you. 

I can see why some players complain about the game if their games are like that all the time cause it's no fun at all. Thankfully mine are rarely like that. 

I’m really enjoying the game but it tries it’s hardest to make me hate it.

Just had one of my best games ever. Game kicks me out. Error. Error. Oh it’s an update. No warning, no nothing. And it’s 13 GIG. Are you shitting me. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Could it possibly be preloading new maps?

I think it's because of two new co-op maps. Not sure though. 

Annoyed that I found out about the patch five minutes after I left the house this morning. Could have left the ps4 on to download through the day :(

2 hours ago, Rorygamer said:

I have to assume your are kiddin' !

I don't think I've experienced lag at all since day one release and there's only be a small percentage posting here about lag. Like 4-5 folk that I can remember. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, idiwa said:

I don't think I've experienced lag at all since day one release and there's only be a small percentage posting here about lag. Like 4-5 folk that I can remember. 

Oh its there! forums and videos full of complaints. The netcode still uses the old code form 11 years ago, no dedicated servers and lag compensation.

I was under the impression that SMGs aren’t the best option in this game. Partly through my own early experience and partly from what I’d read.

See also, the widespread complaints that you can’t run and gun that have influenced my gameplay thus far.

Then I tried the MP5 and discovered the error of my ways. No attachments required.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I’m having a good time with the Aug at the moment. Especially with the thermal sights. I can do mid range with accuracy and hip fire is good enough for a lot of run and gun.

2 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

I was under the impression that SMGs aren’t the best option in this game. Partly through my own early experience and partly from what I’d read.

See also, the widespread complaints that you can’t run and gun that have influenced my gameplay thus far.

Then I tried the MP5 and discovered the error of my ways. No attachments required.

The SMGs are excellent. The Uzi and MP7 are also very good. Especially the latter, it's one I use all the time now on maps like piccadilly, shoot house and Hackney, doesn't really need any attachments but with hip fire focused attachments like grip and laser it's a beast. 

I've also been sniped across the courtyard on Arklov Peak by a p90 before, haha. 

It's just that pre-patch the m4 was weirdly better than any of the SMGs at the range SMGs are designed for. And they don't play like they did in some recent games where SMGs turn it into Quake 3 or something. 

As for netcode, I'm finding it very solid. My Internet isn't the best (can't wait till openreach finish putting fibre to the premises in my neighbourhood), on some previous entries I always had a little bit of frustrating latency. Nyping is usually a pretty average 45-50ms (using WiFi mind), sometimes less, maybe 5% or less of the time I'll get a match which is much worse where the lag is obvious. Feels good. 

• Upvote 1

Screenshot_20191123-211714_Gallery.jpg

For fuck sake. First time I've noticed it since this patch, but even with cross platform off, Xbox mouse users are in the lobby. 

Unsurprisingly they were both at 17 kills and on the final weapon before anyone else was at 10.