rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Had some great games this evening. Still really enjoying it. 

Particularly enjoying kill confirmed. 

Best cod I've played I think. If it had the theater mode blops had I'd be over the moon. 

Still a few issues that need ironing out so it's occasionally frustrating but overall extremely enjoyable. 

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's really hard to see anyone on Azhir Cave. Haven't had the problem on other maps but that one is bad for it. 

Thermal scope innit.

Spent the entire day in the Kill House moshpit, since 9am I played the same map, I feel highly unusual now but what an exceptional day of gaming that was. Working my way through challenges, unlocking stuff and trying out different weapons and builds, there's just so much to do in this game. Love the incentives and upgrades, the way the game is structured is deep and totally addictive. The pace is so perfectly judged, it's difficult to stop playing even after 12 hours.

I'm totally going to Whale out on the battlepass and whatever else they release. Don't care. Give it to me now. This game is absolutely fucking amazing.

• Upvote 2

200 person Modern Warfare Battle Royale Mode leaked!

image.png.7f1982465b6edd7d5293b987b7575ed2.png

Notably, the map seems to contain both massive Ground War maps and the similarly large Spec Ops mode map within its boundaries.

This new battle royale mode will reportedly allow up to 200 players (100 more than Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode) to duke it out in the usual solos, duos, or squads variations.

The battle royale mode will also apparently have a new feature called “Gulag,” where eliminated players will have a chance to battle 1 vs. 1, with the victor getting to respawn. Occasionally there’s some sort of “jail break” that allows all imprisoned players to respawn. Players get to watch each 1 vs. 1 match while a timer counts down to their turn, with players able to place bets on other competitors to earn something called “Plunder.”

This new Plunder system allows you to earn points by eliminating enemies and achieving mission goals. Once you get some Plunder, you can convert it into experience points at ATMs located around the map. The player with the most Plunder at the end of the match gets recognized for their efforts. If you wander into a bank to deposit your Plunder, an alarm goes off and alerts nearby players.

Also worth noting, while Blackout had missions that players could complete, they mostly involved surviving to a certain player count. Modern Warfare’s battle royale missions are a bit more involved, and will apparently have you hunting down specific players, collecting scavenger crates, capturing a domination point, or other options.

Outside of the Gulag, respawning has also been retooled. You can loot a respawn token, but you only ever get to respawn once. You can revive a teammate by dropping their body off at an ambulance with a respawn token, where they’ll be taken to the Gulag for their chance to come back. At some point in the game, the Gulag closes and players can’t respawn at all.

Blackout was by far BO4's best mode for me, but a lot of the times I found that the majority of the top 5 players would hide their way to the top.  The plunder system will add an incentive for people to get some kills, so I'm pretty excited by this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

if it isn't digital trade it in

please

But then how will we know if it’s shit in a month’s time? Six months? A year? 

Please keep hold of it Iain, you’re doing Rllmuk a great service by occasionally telling us if it’s shit. 

• Upvote 1

I can almost guarantee that anyone in the gulag is quitting out immediately. Quitting the second you're down in a BR is almost ingrained to a lot of players at this point, which makes them a ballache in Apex.

Just now, Dave White said:

hey @Bishimitsu good game, and sorry had only time for 1, you guys on pc....???

(dirtykeyboardandmouseadvantagehustlers)

:lol:

He's on PS4. I joined just as you left. Will have to get Ricky on too.

23 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

his teammate wasn’t. in all fairness there was defo one kill where his mate proper headshotted me with an lmg that was all kinds of superhuman and defo felt the advantage. 

it was me and the slipper legend vsthose 2. 

poorloserlookingforeanyoldexcuse. 

I bought this after hearing it was a return to the methodical play of the original MW.

Which it is, refreshingly. However, I'm already bored and it's still an arena shooter with basic mechanics, bad spawns and ho hum level design. Compared to the incredible new map pack of BFV it just seems so dated.

I did a podcast talking about the experience of playing both. Pretty short.

• Downvote 2

Still enjoying this. My Uzi is now working well. With the monolithic suppressor and a gun that isn't that loud anyway you can shred people without them noticing they are being fired at.

I do want to upgrade a marksman rile to pair it with.  

6 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Sorry we missed you. 

Both had PS4 Logos next to their name, however bish's mate had a mouse icon instead of a controller. So not sure if that means hes M&K on console? 

6 minutes ago, RickyDVT said:

Sorry we missed you. 

Both had PS4 Logos next to their name, however bish's mate had a mouse icon instead of a controller. So not sure if that means hes M&K on console? 

I think it was a random as opposed to his mate - But yeah the Mouse icon measn it was KB&M.

• Upvote 1

Laggy as fuck for me tonight for some reason. Three shotgun shells dead on that don't register then he turns around and shoots me. Killcam shows I was aiming wildly :/

I’ve tried loads of different gun combos. And I keep doing badly. Don’t hate me but I’ve gone back to the MP4 and the bloody 725. And my kills doubled pretty much straight away. I know it’s not right but I’m just sick of being beasted by it. So there you go.

• Upvote 1

What’s crossplay like? Is it genuinely seamless? 

Do most people filter out KBM players or is it not as bad as it could be in terms of getting absolutely slaughtered by them?

11 minutes ago, Nein said:

What’s crossplay like? Is it genuinely seamless? 

Do most people filter out KBM players or is it not as bad as it could be in terms of getting absolutely slaughtered by them?

There's no way to filter K+M without outright turning crossplay off, apparently.

2 hours ago, Nein said:

Bugger.

You don't lose anything by tuning off crossplay entirely, unless you have freinds on other consoles. In fact the whole experience for me just drives home what a red herring crossplay is given the faff with voice comms etc.

In other news, the Multiplayer challenges have had a tweak. And the chellenge i was half way through that required "win any 5 objective modes" has suddenly changed to "win 5 games of seek and detroys"

Twats.