Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

djbhammer

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

if it isn't digital trade it in

please

But then how will we know if it’s shit in a month’s time? Six months? A year? 

Please keep hold of it Iain, you’re doing Rllmuk a great service by occasionally telling us if it’s shit. 

23 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

He's on PS4. I joined just as you left. Will have to get Ricky on too.

his teammate wasn’t. in all fairness there was defo one kill where his mate proper headshotted me with an lmg that was all kinds of superhuman and defo felt the advantage. 

it was me and the slipper legend vsthose 2. 

poorloserlookingforeanyoldexcuse. 

I bought this after hearing it was a return to the methodical play of the original MW.

Which it is, refreshingly. However, I'm already bored and it's still an arena shooter with basic mechanics, bad spawns and ho hum level design. Compared to the incredible new map pack of BFV it just seems so dated.

I did a podcast talking about the experience of playing both. Pretty short.

Still enjoying this. My Uzi is now working well. With the monolithic suppressor and a gun that isn't that loud anyway you can shred people without them noticing they are being fired at.

I do want to upgrade a marksman rile to pair it with.  

6 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

He's on PS4. I joined just as you left. Will have to get Ricky on too.

Sorry we missed you. 

Both had PS4 Logos next to their name, however bish's mate had a mouse icon instead of a controller. So not sure if that means hes M&K on console? 

6 minutes ago, RickyDVT said:

Sorry we missed you. 

Both had PS4 Logos next to their name, however bish's mate had a mouse icon instead of a controller. So not sure if that means hes M&K on console? 

I think it was a random as opposed to his mate - But yeah the Mouse icon measn it was KB&M.

I’ve tried loads of different gun combos. And I keep doing badly. Don’t hate me but I’ve gone back to the MP4 and the bloody 725. And my kills doubled pretty much straight away. I know it’s not right but I’m just sick of being beasted by it. So there you go.

11 minutes ago, Nein said:

What’s crossplay like? Is it genuinely seamless? 

Do most people filter out KBM players or is it not as bad as it could be in terms of getting absolutely slaughtered by them?

There's no way to filter K+M without outright turning crossplay off, apparently.

2 hours ago, Nein said:

Bugger.

You don't lose anything by tuning off crossplay entirely, unless you have freinds on other consoles. In fact the whole experience for me just drives home what a red herring crossplay is given the faff with voice comms etc.

In other news, the Multiplayer challenges have had a tweak. And the chellenge i was half way through that required "win any 5 objective modes" has suddenly changed to "win 5 games of seek and detroys"

Twats.

I'd absolutely use a headset. There's only one game I don't use it for in PvP and that's Destiny because it doesn't matter but every other game I've played uses footsteps as a significant identifier as to where people are.

Plus I loved to use Dead Silence and the perk that increases enemy footstep sound*

*I can't remember the name of this and just googled it and all the results are "WTF FOOTSTEPS NEED NERFING OMG" for Modern Warfare.

1 hour ago, denisb said:

Does everybody use a headset ? I don’t understand how people know I’m coming and from what direction I’m coming from ?

You are absolutely knackered if you don't wear headphones. Sound is a huge part of the game.

The ps4 virtual surround headset is especially good for it. Although sometimes sound that's above you can be a bit disorienting. 

Are there any MW or MW2 MP maps in this?

Not yet, but seems like several will be added later. Rust, Shipment seem to be nailed on, possibly variations on Terminal, Wet Work (the cargo ship at night from CoD4) and Broadcast rumoured to be lined up. Broadcast was a favourite map of mine. 

From Reddit, this is someone from IW:

7sr75wiiewz31.jpg

What most people are complaining about is the "SBMM" - that's Skill Based Match Making. They'd prefer if match making was based on your connection speed, not skill level. Took me a while to understand why that is preferred, and it's all to do with putting in low effort to get more kills. People complain about having to go up against people of their own skill level because they get killed too frequently. They just want to rampage against low level players and call in kill streaks. It's not about improving your skills by playing against equally match opponents. It's purely about getting to the top of the leaderboard in FFA or TDM. The mentality of that.

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

From Reddit, this is someone from IW:

7sr75wiiewz31.jpg

What most people are complaining about is the "SBMM" - that's Skill Based Match Making. They'd prefer if match making was based on your connection speed, not skill level. Took me a while to understand why that is preferred, and it's all to do with putting in low effort to get more kills. People complain about having to go up against people of their own skill level because they get killed too frequently. They just want to rampage against low level players and call in kill streaks. It's not about improving your skills by playing against equally match opponents. It's purely about getting to the top of the leaderboard in FFA or TDM. The mentality of that.

No game has ever came close to Halo for matchmaking. 

I find MP Halo games are more often than not very close. 

Matchmaking is so fucking weird in this game though. Having a good time, close games, doing my usual average of I k/dr, join my pal and suddenly we're up against the actual seal team six of video games. Every cunt knows every single angle in every map and knows where you will be before you do and has your head shot off in an instant. One guy in your team hoovers up all the kills so you're just wandering around looking for someone to kill you. 

I can see why some players complain about the game if their games are like that all the time cause it's no fun at all. Thankfully mine are rarely like that.