Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Shield players are a headache, I found jumping above their shield and shooting them in the head works. 

I have had only a handful of laggy matches, my main irritation is the way the matchmaking definitely likes to put me in matches with fucking esports-esque ninjas from time to time if I have had a few good games in a row. It's crazy. All your teammates kill everyone before you get there then you get shot in a nanosecond when you finally see someone. It isn't lag, just my slow reactions compared to those players. 

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

60 ping on that speed doesn't sound right. Have you got anything wireless between your console and the router? Is wiring in an option?

Ping is generally a measure of how far you are away from the server, not a measure of bandwidth.

Though saying that 60ms of ping from Sweden to CODs European servers sounds on the high side (I'm in London and ping 10-15ms to London servers, 80ms to NYC servers).

Based on testing of my kit, Wifi might add 20ms of ping though. More if you use a mesh network or other wifi extender set up (add roughly 25ms per extra node between your console and router).

@koefoed What about powerline? I recently got a TP-Link TL-WPA9610KIT (more reliable than older models in my house's not great wiring). I ping 35ms to Apex's London servers via Wifi, 15ms using the powerline.

14 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Shield players are a headache, I found jumping above their shield and shooting them in the head works. 

Good players always beat the shield. But its great in objective modes, you die alot but help secure points that otherwise can be a real pain.

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I'm not a good player, so I unload and panic then start jumping haha. 

This is what makes it so entertaining! The panic is brilliant. But there are games where you mainly get hit with a sticky bomb and its game over , my new tactic if this happens is to sprint at them as fast as possible so we both die :) 

24 minutes ago, Strategos said:

This is what makes it so entertaining! The panic is brilliant. But there are games where you mainly get hit with a sticky bomb and its game over , my new tactic if this happens is to sprint at them as fast as possible so we both die :) 

Molotov best vs riot shield.

More compelling ping chat!

Seems to have been rock solid for me since launch and my ping is all over the shop and varies from game to game. 

Ping test via wired laptop, I average out between 15-20. Kids playing Fortnite via wi-fi on a PS4 upstairs, around 20 feet away, they get 20-30. CoD on my PS4 connected wired via a Powerline adaptor and I usually get a sub 45 ping match (is there a way to see true ping on PS4?)

I'm on Virgin with a 350mbps line and get anywhere between 45-250mb in practice. Never anywhere near 350 unless I run a direct test via the Nighthawk 

What this all means I have no idea except that the internet is a difficult fucker but I've not noticed any real lag in CoD but then I never notice in Destiny either and that uses P2P. 

@Soi

Used that before I had fibre installed. Tried it after (even bought new better ones) but it severely limits my speed, could never get more than 30mbit. Old house, old wires. :-)

Hopefully it should be better once I get everything running on cable. MW tells me I have packet loss (indicator on the left of the screen) and but a game like BFV plays fine on the same PS4 without any packet loss.

Hopefully I will have everything running on cable when PS5 hits.

BTW just played a game of Ground War that was really good. So the quality varies a lot for me.

Yeah, powerline will limit bandwidth, and mine also caps out at around 30mbit. 

But I’d rather have less ping and packet loss (WiFi is also bad for packet loss - and it can depend on things like your neighbours using a microwave). It’s not like I need more than 30mbit for PS4. 

5 hours ago, Soi said:

Yeah, powerline will limit bandwidth, and mine also caps out at around 30mbit. 

But I’d rather have less ping and packet loss (WiFi is also bad for packet loss - and it can depend on things like your neighbours using a microwave). It’s not like I need more than 30mbit for PS4. 

Yeah, my powerline knackers my DL speed but infinitely more reliable in keeping a connection than wi-fi and the ping is on a par. If I'm downloading anything to my PS4 I'll switch to wi-fi. 

I try to keep interference to a minimum and I usually play at night when the fam are all in bed so all phone chargers and dishwashers are all switched off and it usually holds it together. Every few weeks though it will just go through a spell of being massively shit (like, <1mb shit) for a few days and then it will randomly just fix itself. There must be some appliance in the house fucking it that I don't know about :sherlock:

Expected not to enjoy the new smaller map (Kill House?) but I loved playing Kill Confirmed and Domination on it last night - using the RPG to clear out enemies from their flag (got me a triple kill and best play of the match) and being super sneaky on Kill Confirmed by hanging back and waiting for the enemies to collect Dog Tags then WHOOMP with the RPG, it's just endlessly entertaining mindless fun to me. I absolutely love this game.

8 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Expected not to enjoy the new smaller map (Kill House?) but I loved playing Kill Confirmed and Domination on it last night - using the RPG to clear out enemies from their flag (got me a triple kill and best play of the match) and being super sneaky on Kill Confirmed by hanging back and waiting for the enemies to collect Dog Tags then WHOOMP with the RPG, it's just endlessly entertaining mindless fun to me. I absolutely love this game.

Headquarters is absolute madness on that map, great fun. 

Had some great games this evening. Still really enjoying it. 

Particularly enjoying kill confirmed. 

Best cod I've played I think. If it had the theater mode blops had I'd be over the moon. 

Still a few issues that need ironing out so it's occasionally frustrating but overall extremely enjoyable. 

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's really hard to see anyone on Azhir Cave. Haven't had the problem on other maps but that one is bad for it. 

Thermal scope innit.

Spent the entire day in the Kill House moshpit, since 9am I played the same map, I feel highly unusual now but what an exceptional day of gaming that was. Working my way through challenges, unlocking stuff and trying out different weapons and builds, there's just so much to do in this game. Love the incentives and upgrades, the way the game is structured is deep and totally addictive. The pace is so perfectly judged, it's difficult to stop playing even after 12 hours.

I'm totally going to Whale out on the battlepass and whatever else they release. Don't care. Give it to me now. This game is absolutely fucking amazing.

200 person Modern Warfare Battle Royale Mode leaked!

image.png.7f1982465b6edd7d5293b987b7575ed2.png

Notably, the map seems to contain both massive Ground War maps and the similarly large Spec Ops mode map within its boundaries.

This new battle royale mode will reportedly allow up to 200 players (100 more than Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode) to duke it out in the usual solos, duos, or squads variations.

The battle royale mode will also apparently have a new feature called “Gulag,” where eliminated players will have a chance to battle 1 vs. 1, with the victor getting to respawn. Occasionally there’s some sort of “jail break” that allows all imprisoned players to respawn. Players get to watch each 1 vs. 1 match while a timer counts down to their turn, with players able to place bets on other competitors to earn something called “Plunder.”

This new Plunder system allows you to earn points by eliminating enemies and achieving mission goals. Once you get some Plunder, you can convert it into experience points at ATMs located around the map. The player with the most Plunder at the end of the match gets recognized for their efforts. If you wander into a bank to deposit your Plunder, an alarm goes off and alerts nearby players.

Also worth noting, while Blackout had missions that players could complete, they mostly involved surviving to a certain player count. Modern Warfare’s battle royale missions are a bit more involved, and will apparently have you hunting down specific players, collecting scavenger crates, capturing a domination point, or other options.

Outside of the Gulag, respawning has also been retooled. You can loot a respawn token, but you only ever get to respawn once. You can revive a teammate by dropping their body off at an ambulance with a respawn token, where they’ll be taken to the Gulag for their chance to come back. At some point in the game, the Gulag closes and players can’t respawn at all.

Blackout was by far BO4's best mode for me, but a lot of the times I found that the majority of the top 5 players would hide their way to the top.  The plunder system will add an incentive for people to get some kills, so I'm pretty excited by this.