rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

11 hours ago, IainGamer said:

Fed up of emptying clips into people and then bang one shot and you are dead.  Wtf?? 

dude I feel for you having this experience. But the problems you’re having are unique to you. There’s no lag or poor hit detection, magic bullets or any other nonsense. 
it’s stable and must be something your end. 

To be fair I have had some lag. The matchmaking being skill-based seems to result in a higher chance of dodgy connections. It might be a good idea to change back to traditional CoD 'matchmaking' which was just finding random groups with low ping. 

It seems like a strange decision to have skill based matchmaking in a game that doesn't have any skill based ranking system. It feels pretty half arsed in that respect. 

After a pretty iffy start, I ended up really enjoyed the campaign I have to say. Infinity Ward just knows how to do them, they are always way better than any of the other studios.

There should be some sort of score attck mode for the SAS levels. Sneaking around shooting out lights and headshotting people in night vision is SO FUN

32 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

There should be some sort of score attck mode for the SAS levels. Sneaking around shooting out lights and headshotting people in night vision is SO FUN

Babality!

Christ Shoot House is crap (more like Shit Haus)... Had the misfortune to have a game this morning. I got absolutely fucked over, not fun at all. /Huff

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

You moaned about Blops4.

You moaned about WW2.

You moaned about Infinite Warfare.

You moaned about Modern Warfare remastered.

Maybe COD isn't the game for you.

Lol true!! 

Blops and Ww2 turned out good. 

Infinite warfare a broken mess.

Enjoying Blops4 even more now.  A slick solid online experience in the main.  Jumping still annoying but that’s never going to change.  

MW I want to be good because I like the return to a more realistic gritty feel but too many failings right now.  Feels like they are trying too many modes and not focusing on getting the core right.  

2 hours ago, idiwa said:

Christ Shoot House is crap (more like Shit Haus)... Had the misfortune to have a game this morning. I got absolutely fucked over, not fun at all. /Huff

After a few rounds I warmed to it slightly. It's definitely a shit map but if you find a team mate to stick with and hold down the middle room it's OK. 

Of course all the whiners seem to love it. 

13 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

You moaned about Blops4.

You moaned about WW2.

You moaned about Infinite Warfare.

You moaned about Modern Warfare remastered.

Maybe COD isn't the game for you.

Tbf WW2 and Infinite Warfare were terrible.

• Upvote 1

Campaign done and I really enjoyed it. I’ve always had a soft spot for the campaigns and this was a good one.

The Michael Bay film The Rock was on ITV last night, and even though I’ve seen it before, it hadn’t been for a while so I watched it again. Whilst not the best film of all time I had a thoroughly good time watching it. 
Best comparison I can think of right now.

Sorry but they need to remove pc crossplay from the public lobbies. Mouse and keyboard is too huge an advantage and tonight I ran into players who clearly had aimbots. 

7 hours ago, deerokus said:

Sorry but they need to remove pc crossplay from the public lobbies. Mouse and keyboard is too huge an advantage and tonight I ran into players who clearly had aimbots. 

Just turn it off in the menu bruh

This will always be the problem with crossplay for a game like this. Outside of playing with friends, no console gamers should want PC gamers in their lobbies. Even with a controller they still have advantages, which is why you don’t have X or Pro versions of competitive multiplayer games running at 60fps if the OG XB1 and PS4 can’t handle it.

7 hours ago, skittles said:

Just turn it off in the menu bruh

No, cause its either crossplay on or off. You can't say 'only crossplay with these guys'. I'm playing with friends across the consoles. I just don't think pc players should be in there. 

It wasn't a major problem for me until last night when suddenly I was getting whole teams of them, I think the matchmaking threw us into harder lobbies cause it thinks one of my friends is brilliant at the game or something. 

And a couple of them were definitely aimbotting. 

4 minutes ago, deerokus said:

No, cause its either crossplay on or off. You can't say 'only crossplay with these guys'. I'm playing with friends across the consoles. I just don't think pc players should be in there. 

This made me wonder in the beta. It's a massive oversight for them to not allow you to filter out M+K/PC from the list.

MP5 is a beast since the patch. Always loved that weapon in in the original MW, it sounds so good with silencer attached. Spent the night levelling that on a riot shield build with a thermal scope, fast weapon swap and fast reload. Too much fun. Pew pew!

Yep, started off shit, got better and competitive then all went to shit.

It's already off to it's new owner.

Sorry Apex.....why did I ever leave you?....

15 hours ago, deerokus said:

Yup no interest at all in playing with PC players either with M&K or pad. I just keep cross play off. Its no great loss. 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

This made me wonder in the beta. It's a massive oversight for them to not allow you to filter out M+K/PC from the list.

Because it does so automatically? You are paired by input device, while cross-play is turned on. There’s a little greyed out toggle in one of the menus. 

51 minutes ago, Pug said:

Yep, started off shit, got better and competitive then all went to shit.

It's already off to it's new owner.

Sorry Apex.....why did I ever leave you?....

They are fundamentally different games but, I hear ya. As soon as Kings Canyon is back I’ll be hopping onto Apex again. 

8 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Because it does so automatically? You are paired by input device, while cross-play is turned on. There’s a little greyed out toggle in one of the menus. 

No it doesn't. It prioritises the same input but it doesn't filter. You can end up in games where a whole team is mouse and keyboard. 

• Upvote 1

Headsup in case anyone is expecting to play tonight, another big 3gb-ish patch is out. 725 nerfed again.

Full patch notes:

GENERAL FIXES:

More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms

Riot Shield:

Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations

Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)

Footsteps

Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed

Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick

Challenges

General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates

Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476

Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.

Piccadilly:

Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination

Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain

Weapons:

ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment

725: Reduce range

M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head

FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed

EB-14: Increase ADS speed

Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class

Special Operations:

Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress

B flag being repositioned on Picadilly is an improvement, it was way too exposed before.

4 hours ago, deerokus said:

No it doesn't. It prioritises the same input but it doesn't filter. You can end up in games where a whole team is mouse and keyboard. 

I believe it’s set to favour and only in certain circumstances it will mix input methods. I’d suspect outside the top 25-30% of the playerbase will never see this mix as the conditions for it (not enough native input users) never occurs. In any case I’d be curious to know how I can check and observe for my own anecdotal evidence if nothing else?

14 minutes ago, deerokus said:

The subreddit is increasingly hilarious. Some guy is ranting about how much he hates the game. 

He's level 156 :facepalm:

Sorry who? I missed. 

The COD games are annual release and so much of the playerbase moves to the newest one even if they are not fully in love with it. because it’s where all the players go and when the previous one has much reduced support,

so sometimes it doesn’t feel much of a choice. 

Yeah but to reach level 156 you'd have to have something like 72 hours on it. That's a lot for a game you hate... 

I think I spotted a head glitch on euphrates Bridge. Sniper shooting at me no bother but my shots at his head weren't registering. 

The servers are still uneven as f.

The other day I had like three games of Ground War that was more or less lag free. It was playing a new game, night and day difference.

Yesterday back to normal though, some TDM works ok but never as crisp as earlier games in the series. Ground War is varying from playable to having your shots registering 2-3 second later. I have sniped people on roof tops, run away as I thought I missed, only to have the kill information pop up seconds later.

Been running the AK-47, great gun but the recoil is a bit hard to control on a controller. My go to gun has been the Oden though, what a beast.

Played solidly since launch, every night and every weekend, not had a single laggy game.

I lost my mind at Virgin Media once about my connection being intermittently slow, turned out I'd forgotten about my Backblaze backups uploading when I was working on massive 3D renders and comps that were all getting backed up. That was pretty humbling. So just check you have nothing chewing your bandwidth before you blame the servers because they are rock solid in my experience.

• Empathy 1

I'd still like to know the conditions of peoples set ups who are having lag; ISP, provided router or a bought one, cabled or wireless, UPNP turned on, ports opened, are you using homeplugs, if wireless how many things connect and is it 2.4 or 5ghz, loads of other shit I don't really understand but will affect it anyway. 

A good example is I can't talk to a friend on Destiny 2 through in game chat because of a NAT issue (the game tells you as such), yet we can join Xbox Parties perfectly fine and talk. There's so much fucking garbage going on with online gaming and so many ways that can fuck games on an individual basis that it's just easier to blame the game, but when loads of people aren't having any bother with it something else has to be going on.