rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

3 hours ago, Pob said:

Gun Fight or whatever it's called is brilliant. So simple, and something which could've been done 20 years ago, yet so fun.

Yup, best thing in the game at moment for me. Me and the boy were kicking ass on that last night.

9 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

I haven't played Spec Ops yet, but apparently and updated version of Scrapyard is in there - one of my favourite MW2 maps.  Not really sure why they don't just add it into the 6v6, TDM and Dom map rotations already.

The spec ops maps are enourmous. you couldnt add it because there would 6 miles between each player. Honeslty spec ops is like a game level now with multiple objectives etc

Is Spec Ops called Co Op? 

I remember Spec Ops in MW2 having challenges or goals.

In the first and only one I have available to me now it just seems like an endless horde of enemies and it looks more MP orientated than I remember. 

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

Yup, best thing in the game at moment for me. Me and the boy were kicking ass on that last night.

Fancy a little best of 3 match up against me and @Dave White this weekend Pete? We're also loving gunfight! 

Team Arty Farty Vs The Brants! 

Lets do it! 

9 minutes ago, RickyDVT said:

Fancy a little best of 3 match up against me and @Dave White this weekend Pete? We're also loving gunfight! 

Team Arty Farty Vs The Brants! 

Lets do it! 

Yeeeaaaah boi

ill give you both an add

• Upvote 1

FInished the campaign the other nigth by the way. Quite good fun, takes itself way to seriously, as ever. AI was COD level dumb The section where you play as

Young Farah 

can fuck off;  Wasn't bothered by the levels of violence, but then I never am in video games, it was just dull.

Night missions as badass SAS were the best.

Always enjoyed the mw campaigns in previous titles but this one felt like a step too far for.me.  Felt sick to.the stomach in some sequences which may have been by design but was not an enjoyable experience for.me. 

• Upvote 2

I had a game this morning before heading to work (sign of a good game!) and uploaded it to YouTube (so its direct from PS4 at 720p) Anyhoo, this was first time on this map, I'm not checking corners in some rooms (hell in the first 30 seconds I miss a door). It was more to show to @IainGamer how people are playing. Not the most amazing game etc and christ my frag and flashbang throws are bloody terrible.

Anything school boy errors I'm doing just shout out. One is I keep reloading all the sodding time despite having a 50 round extended mag in the AR. 

• Upvote 1

Getting yo know the maps a bit better, I’m doimg

my best version of “play slow and tactical” with a sprinkling of Rambo like charges. Both play styles make me feel a bit dirty, but not as bad as half the people I see literally lying in a corner all game. I usually play hardcore but for this Cod I’ve stuck to Core so far.

I thought after games like God of War, Detroit and Spider Man I'd seen everything that could possibly be wrung out of the PS4 but technically this is an amazing achievement. I'm on the original console so there's dips with certain effects but the fact that this hits 60fps at all while looking as good as it does is pretty incredible. I've only switched it off now because I want to play that house mission again with the full surround sound system on the "big" TV in the living room, if my neighbours thought Halo "sounded like Afghanistan" at 3am they're in for a shock (I wouldn't actually do this of course, after the Halo incident we came to a much more reasonable time restriction). Makes me wish I still had the 100" projector screen still up, playing the original Modern Warfare on that for the first time was quite an experience.  Now I just need to get a PS4 Pro and a TV that supports HDR. If only you could buy the campaign mode on its own then I'd definitely be double dipping on this for PC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eurogamer, definitely don't get it:

"Hackney Yard is a blast, mainly because it's small and there are fewer opportunities for camping. I feel like when this map turns up, most of the players subconsciously throw caution to the wind and think, let's just run around shooting each other. This is Call of Duty at its best, the brilliant gunplay with the safety off.

Yeah that's madness. It's a different kind of shooter that takes some adjusting to. I hate campy FPS' but this isn't that. It's about controlling an area for periods of time. If you spend a whole match camped in the same corner you wont last long, but moving from building to building locking them down and controlling them for short periods before moving on feels amazing. 

EDIT: Also that bridge map is really great. Equip Overkill, Assault in one slot and Sniper in the other and just watch it ebb and flow on Team Deathmatch. 

• Upvote 5

Will this game get ruined because of Reddit feedback and reviews like the You're A Gamer review? Is there a chance that they will recalibrate and rebalance the game to make it more like the ADD CoDs? I sincerely hope not but do worry that the game is about to get royally hosed. Ugh.

• Upvote 1

Is there any way to just play cross play between consoles?

I dont fancy playing against PC players with mouse and keyboard, 120FPS and better FOV.

(still not had a chance to actually play the game btw, was still installing last night so couldnt check.)

Also looking at resetera is seems a common occurance that the multiplayer is absolute garbage. Is this the feeling here or are CoD fans generally a whiny bunch?

I'm actually thinking of playing COD when not playing it. MW2 was the last time that happened. 

To all the whiners - tough shit, go and play last year's or one of the last five years' iterations if you aren't happy.

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, Gord said:

Always enjoyed the mw campaigns in previous titles but this one felt like a step too far for.me.  Felt sick to.the stomach in some sequences which may have been by design but was not an enjoyable experience for.me. 

I felt exactly the same, it's one of the most miserable and depressing games I've played for a while.  I've stopped playing it after a couple of hours and I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going back to it.  Maybe I'm just getting old and have less stomach for it, the original Modern Warfare games weren't exactly subtle in their handling of similar themes.

4 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Is there any way to just play cross play between consoles?

I dont fancy playing against PC players with mouse and keyboard, 120FPS and better FOV.

(still not had a chance to actually play the game btw, was still installing last night so couldnt check.)

Also looking at resetera is seems a common occurance that the multiplayer is absolute garbage. Is this the feeling here or are CoD fans generally a whiny bunch?

It filters to controller only. I've seen only a handful of pc players.

And the multiplayer is the best it has been in years. The maps aren't maybe all that great but most of the complaints appear to be whiny people used to how it has played for the last few years. Which has been shit. This game punishes you hard for running around blindly. 

From IGN review

mediocre maps make spawn camping a frustrating problem and escaping the ones where you know you'll have a bad time.

Been thinking about the whole camping whiny thing, camping is a tactic when used correctly is a solid defence especially if your recon, covering large areas on overwatch. I play like this when sniping. But the difference being I move onto other areas clamouring up where I was baiting people to come and get me. A bad camper in a game like this will be killed over and over and offers the victim the chance to tactically approach them and then unleash revenge.

Every competitive FPS shooter has to have these tactics applied to win from. CSGO to BF.

If you die its your fault end of, so to give the best game in this series for years a poor review based on the above is ludicrous.

• Upvote 1

The maps really aren't mediocre. There's one real stinker and several could be better but they've finally got away from that 3-lane bullshit they've been using for years now and have proper maps instead. 

It's one of the problems a series as long as this faces, different people want completely different things from it. Especially as MW2 in particular was so flexible with how you could play. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, deerokus said:

The maps really aren't mediocre. There's one real stinker and several could be better but they've finally got away from that 3-lane bullshit they've been using for years now and have proper maps instead. 

It's one of the problems a series as long as this faces, different people want completely different things from it. Especially as MW2 in particular was so flexible with how you could play. 

a week in and the maps are the best since cod4 and mw2 and although the 3 lane formula is applied they are never merry go round, and the sight lines through windows, elevated areas and the likes offers a real tactical exciting form of play.

maybe they don't cater for the monster guzzling jump shot tossers who rely on cheap game breaking techniques to win. ive been rather amused killing idiots who are still trying that technique.

• Upvote 3

The maps actually remind me of pre-MW CoD a little bit with how much stuff is in them. Loads of buildings and ladders etc.

I wish they'd bring back sabotage. Loved that mode. Rugby with guns! 

I very much like being able to open and close doors.

I very much do not like sneaking around then having my avatar suddenly shout out 'CONTACT!', sometimes before I have even spotted who I have apparently contacted. Which totally blows my cover. It's lead to a few deaths but, on the flip-side, has lead to a few kills. It's pretty stupid though so I hope it's dropped...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PK said:

I felt exactly the same, it's one of the most miserable and depressing games I've played for a while.  I've stopped playing it after a couple of hours and I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going back to it.  Maybe I'm just getting old and have less stomach for it, the original Modern Warfare games weren't exactly subtle in their handling of similar themes.

Same for me. I played a few levels when I got it on Sunday before diving into MP. I just don't feel much imputius to get back into it.