rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nick R

Ghosts - BBC sitcom from the Horrible Histories cast

This has had a few posts in the Horrible Histories thread, but as @monkeydogsaid there, it deserves its own thread.

The six episodes of the first series are on iPlayer. They're really good; watch them!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m00049t9/ghosts

And it's just been announced that it'll get a second series: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/ghosts-return

• Upvote 4

Could we get the posts from that thread moved over into this? I'll be watching S2 right off the bat. 

I'd say yes. There's little to no swearing and I can't remember any sexual references or anything.

The first episode is a bit spooky (especially the creepy child) but if your kids are familiar with the HH cast that should help them through.

Honestly I'm surprised this wasn't on well before the watershed, my kids love it.

• Upvote 1

Watched it this week after a few folks in the work mentioned it and the wife and I loved it. I really should watch Horrible Histories.

9 hours ago, tcharliel said:

I'd say yes. There's little to no swearing and I can't remember any sexual references or anything.

The ghost who's running around with no trousers is one big sexual reference. That's his thing! It will go over kids' heads or be easily explained away though.

There's loads of innuendo in it. Seems to have passed by some grown ups.  I'm sure kids are safe from a terrible corrupting influence. :)

The innuendo is perfectly pitched, the Politician is perfect. The visual gag had me in stitches when it clicks, and there is a hilarious Gladiators joke in there which is a great example of the age-spanning humour.

What a great show, it feels slightly old fashioned but in a good way, Really enjoyed it and glad it’s getting a second series. The politician and scout master are particular favourites. I really enjoyed the brief flashback showing what happened to him! 

Finally finished watching this last night, really enjoyed it. I was never keen on Yonderland so wasn't expecting a lot, but was pleasantly surprised. The boyfriend is a bit annoying though.