rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
James Lyon

Songs that make you laugh

What comedy songs do you like? Any that are great tunes in their own right that don't just rely on the video for laughs?  Comedy bands allowed but bonus points if they're 'proper' songs with an amusing turn of phrase.

Some of the ones I like:

A great song I only just discovered last year. The earnest chorus slays me:

Here's that serious band making something amusing point. Mozza's sarcastic laugh singing always raises a smile:

Plenty from The Lonely Island but I like this one particularly:

And one of the classics. I think Meaning of Life has the best run of good Python songs out of all their stuff. The galaxy song is another favourite:

• Upvote 1

This very foul-mouthed children's story crossed with something like a Hieronymous Bosch painting:

and lots else from that album.

Oh go on I have to do my other fave actually. Also incredibly foul-mouthed, I guess it's a pisstake of Sunshine really.

More of a traditional song, from another Shrigley project. 

Mr Slater's Parrot

• Upvote 1

I've posted this elsewhere before, but it deserves to be here. I'm not usually one for stuff that's "so bad it's good", but this is an exception:

So many Marc Rebillet songs that fit this thread (and so hard to pick out some half remembered ones from whatever live improv) but this Fashion Week extravaganza is ace