IGNORED

Elden Ring - Shadow of the Erdtree Expansion Announced

Broker

The tiring of it is interesting.  I can definitely see why some people would tire of it.  It's an intense, difficult, massive game.  If you're playing it to complete it, it's going ot feel like that. 

I don't want it to end, I'm happy just being in it.  I don't really care that I'm using the same few weapons as I was 60 hours ago.  I just loving finding a nice new big area and pootling around it! 

Yeah - I'm at a bit of a wall with the mainline bits (GD, still) ...but on the other hand, I just cleared a boss in a completely different area, found two new weapons to potentially improve and know of a few other bosses that need checking out - not to mention undiscovered catacombs and quests. They've thrown so much stuff in this game.

My problem at the moment is I’ve hit my wall (the supposed hardest boss in the game) and don’t have anywhere else to go smash easier bosses to make myself feel better, because I already smashed them all ages ago. Levelling up any more won’t really help (level 150, any stat gains are minimal), it’s now a combination of luck and “git gud”. 

12 minutes ago, robdood said:

Oh me neither!! I just thought if you'd played that much longer you'd be a lot higher level than me, didn't find that particular mini dungeon too hard. 

Well, aside from those DICKHEAD perfumer enemies.  Absolute bastards. 

Had a good nose round the Capital this morning, what a fucking beautiful place!  It feels like a dungeon though at the moment I guess I'm only on the very outermost layer of it.  Hype!! Love it. 

Got some errands this morning, then will be settling down for an all dayer in an empty house.  Gonna stream a new build, we gonna make a big strong man what dual wields colossal weapons :D

Yeah, the boss wasn’t too bad. Those perfumer guys though - yeah, utter shits. I cheesed them with arrows where I could and never found a good melee answer for them. 

I’m watching the VOD of your last Twitch stream atm btw (I can never actually watch anything live on Twitch). Its very good and I think we have a similarly slow and investigative play style. It does frustrate me watching players just run through everything like they are on a deadline.  I think the extra hours for me probably come from the constant need I feel to revisit old areas to scour them for things I’ve missed, and also a lot of time taking screenshots. 

3 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Yeah, the boss wasn’t too bad. Those perfumer guys though - yeah, utter shits. I cheesed them with arrows where I could and never found a good melee answer for them. 

I’m watching the VOD of your last Twitch stream atm btw (I can never actually watch anything live on Twitch). Its very good and I think we have a similarly slow and investigative play style. It does frustrate me watching players just run through everything like they are on a deadline.  I think the extra hours for me probably come from the constant need I feel to revisit old areas to scour them for things I’ve missed, and also a lot of time taking screenshots. 

Hehe, I was gonna suggest you check out my streams after you asked about lets players the other day!  :) Glad you also play the game properly, mate.  :D

13 minutes ago, robdood said:

Hehe, I was gonna suggest you check out my streams after you asked about lets players the other day!  :) Glad you also play the game properly, mate.  :D

Don’t be shy! 

I have to be a bit careful as you can easily have things spoiled for you watching a stream, but you’ve uncovered exactly the same amount of the map as me (at least at the start of this stream) and I did the Windmill Village last night, so I can watch without fear. You’re using totally different weapons to me though - I’m a strength build with a Zweihander +14, with just enough Dex to use a bow +7 and Rogier’s Rapier +10 for cheesing and stun-blocking dogs (the real Elden Ring boss) :D

Another 2-3am finish. Praetor Rykard down this time. Spectacular fight.

Spoiler

With that trick-weapon it very much looked and felt like a mix of the Dragon God and Storm King bosses from DeS. Which is nice.

Five great runes acquired. Just hit 100 hours at SL 85. Time for Caelid and Radahn, I reckon.

Please let me know when I should be getting bored of this... 😄 You’d at least be doing my missus a favour.

21 minutes ago, Triple A said:

How? Tell me! Pretty please

Spoiler

There’s a bit where there are some archways leading up to a smaller ramp, not long before the boss, with a single chariot going up and down. To the left, as you face the ramp, is a big hole with a body slumped over it. Look down into the hole…

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

For anyone who has found the sewers in the Royal Capital

Reveal hidden contents

And found the catacomb underneath at the bottom of a long lift

Reveal hidden contents

And beaten the fake Mohg boss there

Reveal hidden contents

Try rolling into or attacking the altar behind him…

The next section though, fucking hell. Cat talisman be damned. :hmm:

11 minutes ago, robdood said:

Fucking hell. Fallingstar beast is the shittest thing in the game. I hate bosses like this one.  It's just stupid and not very fun. 

the one at the bottom of a mine? pain in the butt that one! i think it drops summit good though, i cant remrember.

2 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Ok so you know those "secret ahead" messages in front of suspicious looking walls that we find, so we hit the wall once and nothing happens and we laugh it off as another joker?

Doesn't look like we can do that any more.

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-wall

Reveal hidden contents

Secret wall opens after 50 hits 

yeah, we covered that last night :P...but is now like 3 pages back!

and on that wall, it does indeed work...the question raised was...is it supposed to, and are there more!

lets be honest it would be just like Miyazaki to troll us like that😂

Is there a general agreed order to tackle areas that roughly align with your levelling. The city might be a come back later type deal but not entirely sure where else I can go. I’ve explored Caelid a fair bit although not the castle at the bottom right yet, and I can’t seem to find routes elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

yeah, we covered that last night :P...but is now like 3 pages back!

and on that wall, it does indeed work...the question raised was...is it supposed to, and are there more!

lets be honest it would be just like Miyazaki to troll us like that😂

Where is the wall in question?