Elden Ring - Leaked footage!

Just now, Cyhwuhx said:

Apparently, Bandai Namco registered the name "Bandai Namco Next", so I'm kind of expecting a Direct-style video.

Oh my lol. Still, Elden Ring is highly anticipated so why not

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh my lol. Still, Elden Ring is highly anticipated so why not

Considering E3 is pretty much dead, they'll need to show off somehow. :D

18 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Hah! There's even Dark Souls rolling in it! 

I bet they've had this in the can for months and are just waiting on George writing a few item descriptions. 

7 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Considering E3 is pretty much dead, they'll need to show off somehow. :D

Yes, of course, but Bamco is one of those publishers that you feel like they'd be better off joining the Direct stream of one of the big platform holders instead of doing a Konami. But who knows, maybe they have a lot of impressive stuff to show off besides Elden Ring.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes, of course, but Bamco is one of those publishers that you feel like they'd be better off joining the Direct stream of one of the big platform holders instead of doing a Konami. But who knows, maybe Japan has a lot of anime to show off besides Elden Ring.

1 hour ago, Flanders said:

I’m fully expecting this to basically be Dark Souls 4 but with some pointless traversing about on a horse in between levels crowbarred in.

Nah, it will be way more ambitious than that. They're gonna do some cool stuff with the open world. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes, of course, but Bamco is one of those publishers that you feel like they'd be better off joining the Direct stream of one of the big platform holders instead of doing a Konami. But who knows, maybe they have a lot of impressive stuff to show off besides Elden Ring.

Current-gen ports of Tekken and Soul Calibur would be nice seeing as they are releasing new content for those games.  Well Tekken anyway, not sure about Soul Calibur. 

Like, people argue that it's been diminishing returns with each sequel, but I reckon you've got about another 50 years of diminishing returns left before you get down to the level of the next best games.

22 minutes ago, hmm said:

I have to say that I am personally totally ok with From pretending they're not making any more Souls games but then in fact actually continuing to make more Souls games.

I enjoy the pretending! Like I said in the "easy mode" discussion:

On 29/12/2020 at 21:37, Qazimod said:

...people lump Sekiro in with the others and yet that's a game which has no stamina, no invasions or co-op, no weapon durability, no equip load burdens, no covenants, no player messages, no bloodstains, no attributes sheet (adjusting vigour, endurance, vitality, strength, skill, etc)... and some of those changes can make the difference between bouncing off a game and enjoying it. The same goes for Bloodborne - equip load is much less important, you have great mobility from the lock-on dashes, builds are more streamlined than Souls, I personally find its parrying much easier to learn, invasions are much more limited... Again, the changes may be trivial to the diehard fans, but for someone like me it's the difference between dismissing one SoulsbornekiroRing game and completing another.

So I guess I'd take a nonspecific Dark Fantasy Action RPG over another Souls game. ;) 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Pac-Man Zero, gritty reboot. With guns. 

A game where the main protagonist must pop pills to gain the power the cannibalistically feast upon the flesh of the dead? I’m down. 

8 minutes ago, AI said:

Is this cross-gen?

They announced it as PS4, XB1, and Windows. Because that was all that was known at that point in time many years ago. I'm hoping they'll also announce a native PS5 / XSX version now in the upcoming Bamcovaganza. Or at the very least a 60fps option to make current gen players happy as can be.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

No icons,no nothing. The map gets filled in as you explore and find things. Like Morrowind back in the day.

And unique locations instead of things like 100 similar Breath of the Wild shrines, with temples, ruins and dungeons with From's high-quality level design.

*drools*

2 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

And unique locations instead of things like 100 similar Breath of the Wild shrines, with temples, ruins and dungeons with From's high-quality level design.

*drools*

Oh god yes. 

2 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

*drools*

I hope this is more like Demon Souls that BOTW - you have a path that opens but some will kick your arse hard and you'll have to use initially easier paths first. 

I could not get on with BOTW's open world-ness and the consistency of breaking weapons all the time mid-fight. I understand why they did this (so you are not overpowered at points) but it didn't make it fun to play for me. In fact I gave up on it, got pissed off with my sword breaking during a fight and having to use a skeleton arm to fight with.

• Broker changed the title to Elden Ring - Leaked footage!