rllmuk
Broker

Elden Ring - From Software Open World RPG with George RR Martin

6 minutes ago, Len said:

Gameplay or get out please.

It's a blacksmith sim, clearly.

• Upvote 1

They couldn’t have released a more pointless trailer. If you can even call it that.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

They couldn’t have released a more pointless trailer. If you can even call it that.

They didn't and don't - that's just the outsourced animation studio From contracted showing their work on the previous trailer, looks like.

Feeling in need of a From game right now, I’m actually really missing Dark Souls as it’s been almost 4 years since the last one. Was hoping for an earlier release this year for this but obviously that’s not happening, perhaps a late summer release, August/September? 

I’m also still hopeful for a Demon’s Souls remaster, that would make me dive head first into the next gen if it was a launch title. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Feeling in need of a From game right now, I’m actually really missing Dark Souls as it’s been almost 4 years since the last one. Was hoping for an earlier release this year for this but obviously that’s not happening, perhaps a late summer release, August/September? 

I’m also still hopeful for a Demon’s Souls remaster, that would make me dive head first into the next gen if it was a launch title. 

You've played Hollow Knight, right?  It's just become my favourite Soulslike... *grimace emoji*

31 minutes ago, robdood said:

You've played Hollow Knight, right?  It's just become my favourite Soulslike... *grimace emoji*

Yes I bought it on release for Switch, great game.

Hehe.  Reading your post has made me consider looking into Demon's emulation on PC again - I only played through Demon's the once, IIRC. :O

I’d love a straight up sequel to Demon’s, many might say that’s Dark Souls, but there’s a different more twisted vibe going on in Demon’s which is also different from the Gothic horror of Bloodborne, ahh From :wub:

Will we definitely see this this year? I'd assumed the Dark Souls 3 team moved onto Sekiro and now that team will be on this. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 2021 release for the next gen systems. 

Well it's either going to be this March (which seems unlikely, but you never know) or March 2021.  

3 minutes ago, robdood said:

Well it's either going to be this March (which seems unlikely, but you never know) or March 2021.  

Why March?

Yeah I get that’s been their normal release window for a while, but it might be running late - it is George RR Martin after all ;)

Damn this bump to hell!

And it feels like it will be next year, cross-gen for sure.

• Empathy 2

No I think it will be out this year - probably a Christmas release, given that they are likely to be positioning it as a more mainstream offering , with the George RR Martin connection and everything.

Don't forget that this will mean they get to release it twice - an original release on current-gen hardware then a remaster on next-gen. We know From like doing that sort of thing. 

Also for some reason I am getting the feeling that this is going to be the start of a new franchise, like Dark Souls, rather than a stand-alone title like (so far) Bloodborne or Sekiro. Again , it's probably just the GRRM connection that's making me feel that - like this is going to make them too much money to want to do it just the once. 

We haven't seen enough for a 2020 release. Look at Sekiro - December 2017 had the "Shadows Die Twice" teaser, E3 '18 had the official trailer and it was released last year.

At best I'd hope for a gameplay trailer this year and a '21 release.

15 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

We haven't seen enough for a 2020 release. Look at Sekiro - December 2017 had the "Shadows Die Twice" teaser, E3 '18 had the official trailer and it was released last year.

At best I'd hope for a gameplay trailer this year and a '21 release.

Probably more realistic.

Mad how they released Dark Souls II, Bloodborne and Dark Souls III all within the space of three years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Mad how they released Dark Souls II, Bloodborne and Dark Souls III all within the space of three years. 

Not really when only one of those games is properly brilliant...

*runs*

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Empathy 1