IGNORED

Elden Ring - E3 2021 Trailer in First Post

Broker

I have tried and failed multiple times to get into Dark Souls

This looks more accessible and will give it a go. Something seems odd in the graphics though, like the trees all have the Oblivion bloom effect or something. 

6 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Definitely. The giant cloaked beasts from Bloodborne they stealthed past for instance. 

Yeah, saw those hooded beasts. Wonder what that means for this world in relation to...ha ha, it's probably nothing, but it was a nice little call back/Easter egg.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm expecting that they're going to push the old gen pretty hard looking at that video (and the fsct that we're already a year into this current gen) so 30 might be optimistic.... :lol:

Yeah, targeting 30fps for sure. I mean, people say Dark Souls ran at 30fps on 360 but... y'know, Blight Town.

22 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Brave. I can’t get on with parry on the Xbox bumpers at all. Be interesting to see if Eldin Ring is anything like as parry heavy as Sekiro or even Bloodborne. 

On the OG Xbone controllers, yeah I agree. Those bumpers (and the dpad, but that's not relevant here) were awful. On the Series X controller, however they're good. For me at least, ymmv based on personal preference. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

On the OG Xbone controllers, yeah I agree. Those bumpers (and the dpad, but that's not relevant here) were awful. On the Series X controller, however they're good. For me at least, ymmv based on personal preference. 

I’ve not tried anything that bumper dependant on Series X yet. I agree that the new bumpers feel better but still find the controllers ergonomics slightly off so that your hands don’t quite sit in the right position to use them comfortably with much regularity. 

8 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I haven’t watched any of this. I’ve thought about just not doing it at all so I can go in cold. Anyone who felt similar to myself but succumbed to their lack of willpower regretting their decision or should I just bite the bullet and check it oot?

I didn't watch it, merely skimmed it for about 15 seconds, saw the map and then quit

The gate bit was presented with some very funny comic timing:

Spoiler

"Don't go through the main gate, it's well-guarded! Take the secret route instead! Unless you think you can't trust me...?"

*Takes main gate*

*Gets hit by sniper fire*

*Legs it back to the secret route*

Narrator: "The main route seems risky."

:lol:

The trailer also gave me an idea of another devious trick that might be in the game:

Spoiler

What are the odds that at least one of the treasure chests on a guarded carriage in the open world turns out to be a Mimic?